Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

People have been saying Project 2017's trailer has a more serious tone compared to recent Sonic games, but wasn't Lost World pretty serious or have I been misinformed about Lost World's story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I prefer the sonic 1 and cd act 3 to bosses at the end of every stage

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Sonic CD's bosses except metal sonic were all chumps though, bring back the Sonic 3 boss rushes at the end of every act imo

I didn't say that I preferred the bosses, although barely any of the bosses in Sonic 1-3 and cd are difficult or good imo.

I just prefer bosses being in their own act so that I don't have to fight them all the time in time attack modes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Playing without super or hyper sonic is way more fun and the main reason I play sonic 3 complete. It makes transforming a different input than pressing jump in midair so you can avoid it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

I really liked the split second shield in s3 but no one else did since it never came back :(

It didn't exactly get a chance to

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

El Mido posted:

It really sucks that they could only get the karaoke version of Cosmic Eternity for the 2011 port. Spencer Nielsen's Sega CD buttrock is no substitute for TELEPORTATION YEAH

luckily there's a quick mod for the pc version that adds it back in. sonic boom is good but cosmic eternity is incredible

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

As long as silver becomes the main protagonist, sure

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bitter Mushroom posted:

Crash Bandicoot could kick sonic's rear end

No way in hell.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

For me Sonic CD is the most fun to route and replay. I only started playing it 2 months or so ago but I've beaten it with all good futures at least 15 times. It's the perfect length and it is really satisfying to learn the levels and smash through parts that slowed you down in previous runs.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I had the knuckles cloud

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

Is there a widely agreed "worst level" in Sonic Generations?

I mean other than the boss fights.

planet wisp

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I want to hear the werehog with Roger Craig Smith's voice.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Endless Possibility, Knight of the Wind and WHAT I'M MADE OF are really good power up tracks. Speaking from experience as my phone has every single sonic vocal song on it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

For instrumental tracks, Palmtree Panic Good Future, Metallic Madness Bad Future and Wacky Workbench Bad Future are perfect for running. All JP of course.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Hey all, hope you all had a great weekend :)

I just finished the greatest thing ever and I want you all to see. I used everything recommended here plus some stuff I was thinking of tonight (most recommendations I pulled from this guy's channel.

What do you think? How insanely epic is this going ot be?

I dare someone to try to f*ck with me tomorrow.....

4 stars? well I guess that is accurate because you have sonic cd us music on it and like 4 copies of sonic boom there. Work it Out is the best Sonic R song for Working it Out and you're missing it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

People shouldn't be embarrassed about listening to crush 40 and jun senoue. drowning pool is another matter.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You would have to be a Maniac to not pre-order this immediately.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The problem with Lost World? The players. :troll:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hillary only has one tail.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

1. We will at last see the triumphant return of Mighty the Amarillo.

Mighty the Armadillo is red.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's going to be Sonic Heroes 2

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Elfgames posted:

I liked sonic heroes the only problem i had was the copy paste stage design and the waaay too much chatter that repeats on every level attempt

same but I like the chatter

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

The "oh no" callback to Sonic Adventure 1 is my fave :allears:

https://youtu.be/u5K4pxrJi0E

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lost World is a great game for time trial gamers like me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Every CD level is great as it happens to be the best Sonic game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

when even the "top" route is the "hard slowdown Sonic with obstacles route" the level design fails.

CD has far too much of that going on.

It's the most fun to learn and speedrun imo. None of the levels are slow when you know what you're doing. I was really into Sonic CD for a few months last year, I need to get back in to it and get my time down lower than this.

https://youtu.be/AI0v49VaEeA

The level design doesn't "fail", it's just way different than Sonic 2 and 3. It feels a lot more experimental which I guess explains why it's a love it or hate it game. For me it's far more interesting to play through than any of the others.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My dream remix levels for Sonic Mania are Metallic Madness and Wacky Workbench.

I bet we'll see either Lava Reef or Flying Battery though, which I won't complain about.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

VikingofRock posted:

This was a pretty awesome speedrun and was a lot of fun to watch. Congrats!

Thanks. I have faster routes for almost every Zone down but I haven't been able to put them into a full run yet.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Vyse is the fastest character.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Marble Garden is my least favorite classic Sonic stage. I could be halfway through a full playthrough of CD by the time I finished both of those extremely long acts.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ronnie posted:

Hands up if you would do Sonic music karaoke. :wave:

Would? Already do.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Giant Rings are definitely in, they showed them in Green Hill iirc.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

How do you do the infinite spin dash in Lost World? Asking for a friend.

Spindash, let go of the button then press it again

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's the highest quality jump noise.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Collects rings when getting damaged?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Going to lovingly craft my bird oc.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bring on the crocodiles.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Although speaking of cool shortcuts, Metallic Madness Zone 2 has one of the all-time best.

Yeah. This one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI0v49VaEeA&t=1661s

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mikedawson posted:

I want to play a version of Sonic CD that has the JP soundtrack except the intro and ending are Sonic Boom.

that's easy to do with the steam version. just rename video files

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Going to do a run of CD today after seeing that trailer. Can't wait for August.