Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

People have been saying Project 2017's trailer has a more serious tone compared to recent Sonic games, but wasn't Lost World pretty serious or have I been misinformed about Lost World's story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

a.lo posted:

*thinking about shadow*

Here's a nice video to help you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txUuZwCQtSE

I like the choices for the Shadow's Game Subtitle Official Fan Poll.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kulkasha posted:

Didn't Sega announce a high-end emulator for release this year (and not the lovely ones already out)? It looked like a little master system.

From what I heard it is the lovely ones already out just with a different look.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I forgot they were doing this. When did the Sonic event happen again? Cause it's been awhile from when they announced this to it happening now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Where's the acapella version that was done by a goon?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thank you

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Beautiful

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah, that's the rumor, 16th confirms late april release.

I have this horrible feeling it is getting bumped to Q3 though and I'm going to be so sad.

One of my friends pointed out mania on switch is like living the game gear dream (same battery life even) and gently caress I want a switch now. That is some nostalgia right there.

I don't think they would bump it that far. They still have Sonic 2017 they need to show off.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TFRazorsaw posted:

There's being gullible, and there's "stupidity is the only defining element of his character". And he was dumb, but not "every word out of his mouth is a confused non-sequitur" dumb.

Well if people like him dumb, like I remember a while back someone posting a page from the comic that had Knuckles' memories portrayed as a child's drawing and everyone was into it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just call him Robuttnik.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This owns

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lizard Wizard posted:

It works super well from what I've seen. Yoshi's better suited for Sonic platforming than Sonic, funnily enough.

Reminding me of that one level in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mikedawson posted:

I'm glad Sonic realizes that pepsi ad is really bad.

I live under a rock so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Just lol at all of it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FZeroRacer posted:

I'm willing to bet the 3rd character is going to be an OC that you create.

Don't forget the reveal trailer ended with "Join the Resistance" which sounds like a Create a Character type of thing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Sonic Advance 1 was pretty good too. It had fairly normal Sonic level design when Advance 2 largely wanted you to go fast all the time and you fell into instant death pits because you couldn't see what was ahead of you, or Advance 3 where the levels were worse than Sonic CD levels of labyrinthine.

But yeah, really not digging Sonic Forces so far. For one, I'm loving tired of seeing Green Hill Zone for the millionth time even if it is being transformed into something else, for two the physics just don't look right in a way I can't put my finger on but it's certainly a regression from the Classic Sonic gameplay of Generations which itself wasn't quite perfect but close enough, the music sounds awful to the point I'm hoping it's a placeholder and just visually it looks really ugly and too busy. It looks worse than Generations did. The level design doesn't even look good either, I'm noticing a lot of boosters before loops and such which ties into the physics problem in that it seems like a band aid solution in the hopes nobody will notice that the momentum is off because you're being artifically boosted through them.

Considering this game was delayed for so long to make sure it's a good Sonic game, so far I am not impressed one bit. Maybe Modern Sonic and the new third gameplay style can salvage it but given what we've seen, I'm not optimistic

For physics at least for me is when sonic is destroying robots it looks way off. He's not bouncing off most of them just going right through them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

a.lo posted:

i forgot sonic mania comes out tomorrow

It doesn't.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

It's still really fun, but it went crazy and the story cranked the anime up to 11. You can fight phantom clown zombies and the Statue of Liberty riding on the Sphinx in alternate dimension Las Vegas now while the Daytona guy sings in engrish in the background. Wearing the Godzilla suit is optional but encouraged

Post the Daytona guy song please.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

i like sonics friends

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

now its time for sonics best friend

me

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TFRazorsaw posted:

SONIC FORCES - HOLIDAY 2017

written by atlus so you and sonic can be confidants

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The White Dragon posted:

so is this really solely on ken penders' shoulders or does his editor share that blame

no you can't, it's already permanently associated with macaluso to me

They can be Nega Hulk Hogan Eggman.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Illegal

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What am I missing?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why did it tell me to read left to right?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Were you trying to post the fight music, although Night Time Rooftop Run is pret...what the gently caress?!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

I genuinely think that the Werehog stuff wouldn't bother people if

A) There was no medal system so you weren't obligated to replay missions if you didn't have enough
B) It didn't override the music every time you got into combat.

It would never be popular but fix those two things and it probably would have been overlooked.

They should've gone the Kingdom Hearts route and just made unique battle music for each level.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr Snofeld posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZREH9PYHAY

(Just the first 20 seconds, I couldn't find a clip of that on its own.)

Sonic losing to Knuckles cause they entered a water level is really funny to me.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

I got my official Sonic fan card today. You aren't a true fan without one.

How do you get one of those?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

For me it's any stage where you can get crushed, it always feels like the hitbox detection is wonky and I die when it looks like I shouldn't. so like one of the Spring Yard Zone acts where you climb up on the moving boxes.

I'm cool with the beginning of Hydrocity Act 2 though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

Yes I have.
I liked it at first then replayed it and realized that it was actually pretty shallow and there's only one real way to play the game.
Why are you acting like I insulted your mother by saying that Generations is kinda shallow. Could you be any more defensive about a video game?

You described people's opinion as a honeymoon period. People legitimately enjoy the boost games.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe they're hooking me with this dumb poo poo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ventana posted:

Seriously, this, the mod itself is worth it just to see the levels not lag like hell and look so drat good when they're done right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXrbpWNL8iI

lol at the GUN truck in the jungle

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Heaven Spacey posted:

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about, check the video Ventana linked then imagine it going at about ~5 FPS when he's running on the ocean and when the truck is chasing him

They eventually patched it to make it run a little better but it's still pretty chunky on those parts

They couldn't pull the original big robot enemy from Unleashed so they just replaced it with the GUN Truck :v:

That's what I figured, but it's still a funny visual.

Who do you think is even driving that truck

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TFRazorsaw posted:

... Yeah, that's a huge stretch guys. They picked the name because the robot is big. C'mon.

The thing is, that wasn't pulled completely out of thin air. When the first trailer for Sonic X came out, there was no indication who or what that thing was, and both official screenshots and internal production stuff referred to it as "Nazo", which is Japanese for mystery. Of course, since that trailer never ended up having anything to do with the show. what their plans for him or who he was never came to light and were scapped,

"Nazo" both is and isn't what his "name" is; that's all he's ever been referred to officially, but it's also not a name, it's just a description of this character we know nothing about, and never will.

Wait that isn't just some MSpaint edit.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I was so happy to find out Big Arms got a remix for Generations even if it only showed up in the 3DS version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExhXhy8hgHk

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Got my hands on a Switch today so I can now play Mania on release day!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone know what time the eShop updates? Wanna buy Mania as soon as it hits.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Who's giving out avatars?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zelder posted:

Legit question: did sonic ever make fun of Robotnik for being fat? Robuttnik doesn't count because butts are funny and also I think that's the cartoon

I don't think so at least not in any of the main games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

oh no I'm double dipping

someone stop me

The only cure for Mania is Sonic Mania.