Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

it looks more serious in the way that unleashed was "serious". the teaser trailer reminds me a lot of unleashed's opening cutscene, its so cool.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i'll post this one ahead of schedule to celebrate the new thread. this one goes out to sharrrk

thanks my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

eggman punches down a wall while yelling about growing fat from eating hearts

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm extremely ready for eggmanland 2.0

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Agent Escalus posted:

As for Boom, it's the only tie-in I can think of where the ancillary product is far better than the thing it's supposed to be promoting. The SB games suck, the SB show is pretty good for what it is (even Sticks is fine as a character, a nice change in a franchise packed with awful ones), and it's certainly one of the better game-based shows or movies. How'd that happen?

you got it backwards, the games were made to promote the show, not the other way around.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

they should bring back blaze as the secondary protagonist. that's my opinion

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Elfgames posted:

Sonic adventure 2 is my favorite sonic game and i thought heroes was ok (on gamecube i tried it on xbox later and it seemed way worse)

Its my favorite too

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Paused posted:

I like running better!

So the Pilot of that helicopter identifies himself as Sigma Alpha 2. ie, SA2, ie SONIC ADVENTURE 2! Isn't that great subtle writing by Sonic Team.

Yes, it is.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

sonic has never sinned

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i wish i could be elise in this picture

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Good luck to Sonic and his friends in the Rio Olympics!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Augus posted:

Sonic 1? Okay that ones kinda eh, nobody likes Marble Garden or Labyrinth. But 2, 3, CD, and And Knuckles are loving dope as gently caress and I will fight anyone who says otherwise

That's highly inappropriate

marble garden is sonic 3, sonic 1 has marble zone.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Crazy Gadget

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i think both the genesis style of classic sonic AND the generations style of classic sonic are good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm like 90% sure sonic rush adventure had a homing attack but it was on a weird button and the game never tells you about it and you never need it. maybe i'm remembering wrong but thats sounding right to me

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Sonic 2017 will probably have just an overly dramatic and laughably edgy plot as the sonic adventure games but as long as it plays Good like colors/generations 2017 will be The Year Of Sonic for me :unsmith:

im sincerely hoping for the plot to be as good & fun as the adventure games. its been too long

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Augus posted:

I loving love it in Shadow the Hedgehog when the POTUS is in his office discussing a national emergency with his top general and then looks over at a framed photograph of two cartoon hedgehogs posing together that is standing on his desk.

this is my favorite. i love shadow the hedgehog deeply and sincerely, he has brought so much joy to my life

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Amppelix posted:

What, what's wrong with Jason Griffith's Sonic? He has the exact right amount of smarminess in his voice. Roger Craig Smith is totally better, yeah, but Jason ain't bad.

jason griffith always sounded way too nice to be sonic. he was too soft, i didnt like it even as he got better

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

I liked sonic unleashed's "GO!!!" and "WOOOoo!!" more than the Sonic Generations' boost clips. He sounds like he's having so much fun in Unleashed :unsmith:

that's fair

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

El Mido posted:

a great panel

metal sonic got an extra finger

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Haha

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Kashuno posted:

yeah the reason people think SA2 was good is because the first level is good, the chaos are good, and you can replay the sonic/shadow levels for chao stuff and forget about the rest

its good because i've played through the entire game multiple times and it never stops being fun

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

a.lo posted:

*thinking about shadow*

i do this a lot

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

I remember when Project Needlemouse was first revealed as Sonic 4 and everyone was all 'holy poo poo Sonic is BACK you guys'

as soon as they revealed that dimps was behind it i lost all excitement instantly

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Dabir posted:

yeah well I played the wii version and it sucks poo poo

dimps.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

Isn't he technically Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik?

I'd just like him to be called both. Wasn't the Genesis/Mega Drive more popular outside Japan anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHvq8tCljS0&t=26s

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the environments in generations, colors, and unleashed are all so gorgeous

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Sue posted:

The Sonic twitter account asks if we would be interested in a Sonic Mania collectors edition ...

i still regret never getting the sonic generations collector's edition. why did it have to be europe only...

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Morning everyone, I hope you're all staying "cool" today :)

I have had fantastic results this month incorporating the Sonic Mania debut trailer music into the final mile of my runs and decided I should take it a step further and see what kinda results I'll get.

With that said, who wants to make a sweet as hell sonic the hedgehog music playlist for me for when I run in the morning?

Requirements:
1) going for maximum 60min but if you only suggest a couple that's fine! but please don't go over like 15-20 suggestions
2) all tracks must be high energy, high tempo (lyrics count as exxxtra high energy)
3) list separately 1-3 "power up" tracks for the final sprint where I'll need all the power I can get

I think this will be fun! :-]

P.s. I think the best way to do it would be to list the track name and what game it's from, and maybe optionally a YouTube vid link if you want (but PLEASE link it in the title, don't embed imo), I can do the rest!

i made a playlist of every song featuring jun senoue's guitar once

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i still think 06's soundtrack is bad for a sonic game. like the songs are all fine but only the character themes reach what standards i'd expect from a sonic game

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Its awesome

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Xad posted:

For any of you cool dudes that remember that old Sonic 2 commercial there's a new ad for the Collector's edition of Sonic Mania!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtqgkPCEIP8

why does anyone hate sonic

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

same but I like the chatter

chatter is good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i still think blaze would be perfect for a modern 3d sonic game

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012