Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Jsor posted:

Thousands dead, injured as Sonic Mania sweeps the nation

Has the Eggman Empire claimed responsibility for the attacks yet?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
This is no one's lucky day.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Give it a few years, and we'll get the early 2000s nostalgia projects.

Dr. Muto 2
Blinx 3
Vexx 2

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Augus posted:

It's pretty sad to see the Archie Comics go. It was a nice redemption story to see them stop being horrible evil garbage and go back to being a great video game adaptation with a love and appreciation for what made the source material good.

Agreed. They were one of the first comic books I started reading as a little kid, starting around issue #3. I do remember all of the goofy one-off issues, until after issue 25 when it started to get "super serious". I also stopped reading them around issue 75, but I'm glad the series was around, since it got me into reading in general.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Well... at least play Sonic 1 on the Master System...?

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

I never made a furry OC before-

LIAR!

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Been thinking about Sonic today. I wonder, will Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces both be good? I swear, getting two sonic games in one year feels like a 'Monkey's Paw' kind of wish.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
What is the special stages are the Chaotix bonus ring stages?!

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I hope when you hit start on the title screen it just jumps to a Mystery Skulls music video.

FTFY

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Robotnik Nudes posted:

We can stop arguing and start enjoying this new video by friend of the thread and True blue Sonic Hero, Cybershell about the gasoline pissing disease called Sonic 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJp5UN-oqk4

Wow, Jim Sterling is a contrarian piece of crap, huh? It's almost like he says poo poo just to get attenti- oh, wait...

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Sonic is 15, so he'd have to sneak some crappy beer from a gas station or something like that. So, I'd say Sonic drinks Bud Light Lime.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
"Hard Boiled Heavies" Is this the theme for Egg Robos?

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Do all of our OCs kiss Sonic at the same time, or do we have to wait in line?

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
How can Eggman be a feminist? Isn't he the only human?

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Not since at least Sonic Adventure, no.

Eh, I still don't buy it. Eggman only cares about one person: Eggman.

...and maybe Dr. Robotnik.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Other times I like to think Robotnik is incredibly woke. His doctorate is actually in intersectional gender studies with a minor in social justice. He builds in red and black to show solidarity to antifa and Marx. Which, come to thing of it, is also why he has the moustache.

*Submits his latest research paper on modern-day Marxism for peer review* "GET A LOAD OF THIS!"

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

ColdPie posted:

If a Sonic game has more text than Start Game, the Options menu, and maybe "& KNUCKLES", they already hosed up.

Fixed that for you.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

I've got a date coming up and I can see a really cute and charming use for all of these thank you (are there more)

Requesting a gif of Sonic pelvic thrusting.

"Unlike Sonic, I won't... go fast." :3:

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Going thru old pics and found this

Thinking about Werner Mania today...

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

freedom planet is a really good video game but it is not a Sonic game and does not play anything like one and that is more or less the precise reason I like it more than any given 2d sonic game.

I recommend it if you would like to play a momentum based platformer where the combat isn't incredibly basic and the bosses aren't forgettable. I do not recommend it if you want Sonic But Indie, because it is not that.

also the ken penders comparison is moronic and we're not reading the same script, the story's bad but for basically totally different reasons to why penders is.

Ken Penders - Bad

Freedom Planet's Gameplay, Aesthetic, Music, etc. - Good

Freedom Planet's Story - Oddly out of place for a goofy Megadrive-esque platformer.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Maybe I should give freedom Planet a 2nd chance with the story turned off, but the story and characters were so bad that it made me want to drink bleach so I quit playing it

If you go into it expecting a megadrive platformer, I think you'll like it once you find a character you gel with. The rabbit-girl-thing I found annoying, and disliked how not-girl-sonic couldn't hurt people with her regular jump. So go with Chun-Li-Dragon-Girl?

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Neera is a panda, but she is not playable in the first game. She's only playable in the second game and the second game isn't out yet. I assume "Chun-Li girl" is Carol because of her rapid-kicking special being kinda reminiscent, Neera fights by stabbing poo poo with pointy sticks, there ain't no kicking with her.

Yup! When I thought of Carol, I immediately thought about her spinning bird kick attack.

Sorry for mixing up the characters. I've got Mania on the mind. But Freedom Planet is a good and fun game, with an Anime as gently caress storyline.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Stink Terios posted:

And now you're mixing up Chun-li's attacks.

...You'd be great in a tournament. :downsgun:

Bah, I'm too old and black for this poo poo.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

anime was right posted:

its hard to say because mania has two enormous quality of life improvements (widescreen and 60fps) that S3&K didnt have and they make the basic parts of the game feel soooo much better

I'd love for some remasters of the classic sonic games for home consoles.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I am awful at these special stages :(

Same. :( I've got four of the seven emeralds. Stage five is kicking my butt. Any tips?

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Finally got that Fourth Emerald! Three left....

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Let Shadow gently caress

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Beasteh posted:

was that the one with the big titty fox fairy because :lol:

No, but it did have Fidget - the fairy fox that had a... kind of sexualized body?

It's... a bit cringy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Beep, you beautiful bastard! Welcome back.

I now eagerly await a Flintstones/Sonic spin-off.