Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I cancelled my preorder on Steam and am gonna buy it on Switch instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I've cleared my youtube watch history. I've refunded my Steam preorder. I've loaded $20 onto my Switch account. My body is ready.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I want what levels are in the game to be a surprise, as well as any cool easter eggs. I'd like to experience it for myself. You only get to do that once.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wait, it's out on PS4 right now??

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I already added $20 to my Switch account in anticipation. I must remain strong and NOT give in to the temptation to double dip on the PS4 version so I can play at midnight.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

g0lbez posted:

I need 100% confirmation on the exact time this game is releasing on the eShop immediately I am excited for a good fasthog game

It came out midnight for aus goons, so :pray:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Where is itttttt

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

gently caress this I'm buying it on PS4 :argh:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

help me

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I just want this to be out on Switch already :(

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Hot take: blue spheres should not be the game's bonus stage and it breaks up the flow of gameplay too much.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I have a couple gripes after having finished Sonic Mania: the new levels are too busy looking and clash with the art style of the older ones. Also having blue spheres as the bonus stage slows down gameplay too much to the point where I ended up avoiding going into them altogether.

Otherwise? Game owns.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I listened to a rip of the final level/boss musics, including the Super Sonic battle. The last one especially is so cool and funky.

I am close to gnawing my own hand off, they blue balled me good with this delay.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

My scrub rear end can't get more than two of the emeralds, these special stages are hard.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sir Tonk posted:

Soooo, anyone else having major performance issues on the XBONE? Just installed it and it's running slow as hell. So slow that in the movie that plays if you don't hit anything the music finished about thirty seconds before the video did and it just kept playing with no sound.

Same thing happened once I started a game and the plane was flying. It's severely unplayable.

I would try restarting your xbox or maybe reinstalling the game.

Comedy option: wrong type of RAM, etc

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

How hard is the CPZ boss compared to its source? Because I was just aggressively terrible at the original game and couldn't get close to the end of story mode, so while it was hilarious finding out what the boss is, I am not looking forward to actually playing it.

It's baby mode, you'll be fine.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Some more cool Sonic 3/Michael Jackson info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZZzagC00fQ

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

gently caress YES SHENMUE 1 & 2 HD

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah, CD has cool level designs. Yes, even wacky workbench.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I know that it’s here, I sense it in my feet

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sonic 06 had some decently fun levels under all the jank, so if someone wants to make them more playable then more power to 'em I guess.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

How could anyone have looked at this and said "Yeah, that looks good".

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I wonder if they'll go whole hog and release an awful movie tie-in game.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Discendo Vox posted:

I like Hideki Naganuma.

:yeah:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqhgMT8xVAI

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

that can't be real. no one in their right mind would greenlight that, or see it and go "Yes. This is our Sonic design."

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://games.sega.com/survey/

Sega is running a survey if you feel like telling them you want more poo poo like Sonic Mania.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Just make him look exactly like he does in the games imo. It's not like it'd be any more jarring than what they had going.

The blu ray extras for this thing are gonna be hilarious. "The original controversial trailer that took the internet by storm!"

man nurse fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 24, 2019

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Well he slightly resembles game sonic now, which is an improvement, but he also still looks like a weird little gremlin.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Dehry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW25LsLmOTs

Sonic 3D Blast song that was reused for Pleasure Castle in Sonic Adventure

This is awesome.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

your av is cool, what is it from?

It’s a boss from Link’s Awakening, I believe.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Dehry posted:

The prototype has the soundtrack from the PC version of Sonic 3.

Interesting, so they weren’t replacement tracks, they were the originals before MJ and Co got in on it.

Can’t wait to hear the genesis versions of em.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Contrarian but also true: those songs were replaced for a reason

I think the only reason they got replaced is because Michael loving Jackson expressed an interest in it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

SA2 is like 1/3 of a good game. The sonic and shadow levels are generally good, the treasure hunting I could take or leave, and the shooting stuff levels are just boring. It’s also the point where plots in Sonic games started getting weirdly self serious.

SA1 superiority. It just felt more like proper Sonic to me.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Heran Bago posted:

I don't let it get to me.

I'm just gonna creep.

I know that it’s here, I can sense it in my feet.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sonic the Movie: The Game

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sonic Forces is one of the PS+ games next month

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sonic Adventure remaster? Some animated short? The mind wanders.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I believe these are the original voice actors from Sonic Adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

What if it's Sonic Adventure 3