Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
I'll defend Lost World plenty even though Generations was a better game. The parkour stuff should've been in Sonic games from SA1 onward (that game's legendarily asstastic camera notwithstanding). Colors is still great too and they ought to give it the HD treatment.

The Mania trailer gave me a Freedom Planet vibe - and anyone who's played it knows it is EXACTLY what the Saturn needed but never got. (Sure, Astal looked great, but...) Sega's total dropping of the ball with the X-treme project is a big wave in an ocean of boneheaded moves they made from '95 onward. Seriously, go download the FP demo; it might have originally started off as a fan-made Sonic game but it really did take off and become something so much better in its own right, in every way.

As for Boom, it's the only tie-in I can think of where the ancillary product is far better than the thing it's supposed to be promoting. The SB games suck, the SB show is pretty good for what it is (even Sticks is fine as a character, a nice change in a franchise packed with awful ones), and it's certainly one of the better game-based shows or movies. How'd that happen?

(It's all in the writing and production values)

Onmi posted:

I believe you will find he's too busy for something as low class as Sonic

Forehead, meet coffee table. At terminal velocity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Macaluso posted:

Sonic kissing himself makes plenty of sense when you think about it

In the same line of thinking that went into the awful "Adventures of" cartoon, I guess

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

I still think Shadow is the worst addition to the bloated cast.

Then Cream, then all of the Chaotix. (I lump 'em all into one since there's even less to the lot of them than usual for platformer characters.)

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

How's the PS3 version of Unleashed anyway? I own the Wii one and by the time I got my PS3 a demo was nowhere to be found. There was DLC for levels, which I assume are exclusive to the platform?

elf help book posted:

That's cool but what if it was Tony Hawk instead of Sonic?

Earlier this summer someone dug up a prototype/demo for a Sonic skateboarding game that Sega began during the TH craze, but killed off pretty early, probably because they realized if they couldn't get platforming right they shouldn't spend their resources trying to make skateboarding physics.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Fawf posted:

I think on the PS3 you can download game saves and copy them to the console, if so you should definitely definitely do that.

What do you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

beep by grandpa posted:

PS3s can read usb thumb drives

...but I don't have that version of the game, hence why I was asking how it compares to the Wii one