Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Shindragon posted:

Not to hijack the thread a little, I noticed they haven't done much. What happen?

somebody set us up the bomb :cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen
Let's say you "fixed" Sonic 06 by fixing most of the bugs (it's a Sonic game, you're not going to fix all of them, but maybe your scripted spring sequences won't launch you into lava), fixing the load times, implementing auto-save, and switching the mach speed sections to control more like modern boost gameplay instead of slamming into death planes when you breathe on the joystick. You're still left with a pretty crappy 3D Sonic iteration:

1) Enemies take multiple hits. This was probably the absolute worst 3D Sonic game decision because it completely fucks up the flow of chaining together homing attacks. It was awful in Heroes, it was awful in Shadow, and it wouldn't have been any better here.
2) End of the World would still exist. There has to be something better than platforming with black holes and quicksand cheap shots.
3) Most of the other levels are full of cheap shots too. Lava worms pop out of the ground with no warning. Jump sections basically look like glitches and dump you into the drink before you realize it's gameplay.
4) You'd still need to fix Tails's idiotic dummy ring box mechanic. I think the other friends mostly made sense.
5) Maybe Brass Nipple Eggman was a bug but it looked like a deliberate character design to me.
6) The story fuckin sucks

I think it might have reviewed higher than Shadow because the graphics and sound design were pretty nice for the time, but I think from a gameplay perspective it would have still been a disaster, and we'd have seen nothing but 5-6/10 sonic games to this date.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Simply Simon posted:

You can absolutely say that

Unlocking all the secret doors (collecting every key) and beating a playthrough of expert mode (which requires you to A rank every stage) is what I’d call 100%.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Oxyclean posted:

They even split them up across the the building process, so you'll get to the end of one chunk and get "awarded" a chaos emerald, it's really cute.

Each of my chunks came with a spare chaos emerald, so now I can make lego super sonic AND lego super eggman kiss. I assume that’s what everyone else is doing with their set.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

MJeff posted:

"They should reboot Sonic, throw out all of its continuity, and then [something way worse than anything they've ever done in the past, somehow including the game where a human girl literally kissed Sonic's literal corpse]" is becoming a weird recurring trend in this thread but I'm up for it!

Finally I can play as Erazor Djinn in Sonic Musou

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

KingKalamari posted:

See, Carnival Night is the one stage I actually wish they'd gone with the beta track instead of the final version. The beta tracks sound like a fun romp, the final tracks sound like a sick clown longing for the sweet embrace of death...

That’s also how it feels to play those levels, so the final tracks are perfect.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Dieting Hippo posted:

Spinball's soundtrack is absolutely fantastic (yes even the options menu) and that's an amazing rearrangement of the toxic caves.

No one re-arranges Lava Powerhouse because it's already the perfect song.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen
Why does Eggman have giant anime puppy dog eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I will be god damned if I can remember one single thing about it.

It's 30 minutes long so you can accurately relive the experience of falling into holes on the world's shittiest pinball tables over and over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ1ywi-_fjE