Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sonic the Hedgehog is a good man with a rough past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm still infinitely amused by her actually being a thing in All-Stars Racing Transformed. I can't even be mad it's so out of left field it's just amazing.

Danica Patrick is such a loving funny and great addition cause since she's an actual real human being in real life it's hard not to get extra mad if she's beating you in-game

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dunno if there are any other weirdos out there that love looking at hugely populated rooms reacting to live reveals (I live for poo poo like this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VynDxJWZ698&t=25s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feWaRjjln58&t=69s

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

drat listen to how loud the bass is in the sonic mania vid, their sound system in that room must have been amazing. Too bad for us streamers though.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

#BringBackMighty

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nonbelievers will not be under the protection of The Resistance.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

I prefer the sonic 1 and cd act 3 to bosses at the end of every stage

Sonic CD's bosses except metal sonic were all chumps though, bring back the Sonic 3 boss rushes at the end of every act imo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If you didn't have super sonic by the time you got to the death egg act 1 boss then hahahahahahaha

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Maybe I should actually play sonic 3 & k sometime and never use super sonic. I don't think I've ever done that come to think of it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I really liked the split second shield in s3 but no one else did since it never came back :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omKGDC4JaMU
Another great sonic vid by Mr. Bunnyhop. For this wondering it's a very well presented backstory on how the main developers of Sonic Mania came to be.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

As kids on the playground we would insult Robotnik by calling him Robodink.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Guys, I have the Sonic Mania

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm very perturbed they announced it a year out.

Speak for yourself, the most excited I have ever been in my adult life for a video game was MGSV and that was something like 6 years. This is child's play.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

wow i am very sorry for you.

It was also the most let down I have ever been by a video game but you all already knew that. It's hard being a sonic fan and an MGS fan, I have the bruises and broken hearts to prove it :negative:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

One of my fav things about S3&K is how it all just flows together from act to act. I really feel like I'm progressing and the entire thing feels like a big giant adventure, I always feel super pumped when the "story" kicks in about halfway through Lava Reef Zone.

Sonic 2, which I've always felt isn't nearly as good as S3&K feels to me like "okay you beat this level, now play this level". To this day I can never remember what order Oil Ocean, Mystic Cave and Hill Top Zones come in at.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm just thinking about my favorite shot from that george weidman video I linked earlier

And how much it reminded me of this bullshit (but in our case it's the complete opposite)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Sonic boom is a better end movie song.

Agreed, this moment here with the 2011 taxman release was one of the coolest moments ever playing a sonic game cause I didn't expect this. Haha I actually shushed someone I had over and was talking to at the time I first beat this when that guitar wound up cause I was just like what the fuckkkk:stare: :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=susEZK6kc7Y&t=190s

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jfc if Sonic CD US's smooth, chill as hell sonic boom mix that's just a bunch of ladies singing to some sick bass lines is considered BUTTROCK now because there's an electric guitar in it then it's time for that stupid, stupid term to die

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jsor posted:

Sonic Boom's central thesis is that only Tails is strong, because he can fly.

For the thousandth time Jsor that is a METAPHOR, not LITERAL!! How many times do I have to tell you.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Good morning everyone, I finally got out to do my morning run today and listened to the Sonic Mania trailer music for pretty much 30 minutes straight during it and my legs felt like my body was running on a cloud of air the whole time :unsmith:

Then I got home & looked at my time...One might say...I went fast :hehe:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kulkasha posted:

I always figured a metroidvania starring Knuckles would be good.

You're welcome, Sega

This actually sounds awesome.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Paused posted:

Toxic Caves is an unlockable song in Generations at least!

I was disappointed with the Sonic Boom Mix in generations cause it just builds up & builds up...with no pay-off at all :/ if it were an actual full song I would have played every single speedrun side mission to it :sigh:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress these stupid clowns. gently caress them. I'm PISSED!!!!!! :mad:

Just wait until Sonic Mania gets here and forgives all of the sins of Sonic Past and we'll see who has the last laugh...........bitches......it'll be Sonic, that's who.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

sonic don't kiss that sinner!!!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Night Blade posted:

Must be so hard to remain relevant.

Who are these shitpeels anyway?

Realtalk, just to peel back the grandpa layer a little bit, I was poking around youtube for reactions on this and I just found a gentleman's channel giving his thoughts on the IGN vid and I just sent him a message asking him if I met him because he looks and sounds exactly like this crazy dude I ran into both times a friend and I went to this nearby games convention this year and last who, both times, cornered me into talking to him about sonic for an hour (I am seriously not kidding). I'm his Sonic Brutha and he is mine. He just finds me and makes me talk with him (yelling) about Sonic. It was wonderful :kiddo:

Linking vid cause the thumbnail is very nsfw

If it's not him I will feel disappointed. I do not know what the moral is here but I hope you enjoyed my Sonic Friend story, peace :c00l:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

Rooftop Run was sooooo good though.

It's definitely the greatest 3D sonic level level ever made. By so much in fact I can't even think of what #2 could be.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yorkshire Tea posted:

My single argument for Sonic 2 over Sonic 3.

I think you have it backwards, I am the man I am today because of that barrel. It put hair on my chest.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

Please stop gluing blue fur to your chest.

Judge me all you want. I shall stand tall, shining with blue radiance.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This will get me some flak for saying this but I think it's totally fair at this point to call games like these more like Freedom Planet than Sonic. Not joking. Sonic never had all these melee attacks, ranged attacks massively different character switches and mobility options and seems to be more combat focused, 2D Sonic just runs fast, rolls and jumps. I think Freedom Planet is its own distinct genre at this point. I need to play it one of these days.

One wonders how many more Sonic/Freedom Planet clones will start popping up if Sonic Mania is a huge success?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What is the best sonic toy? I never had any growing up.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Thanks for all the cool posts everyone :)
Nvm I think I had the Knuckles from this. All the other stuff looked dumb especially the Sonic :(

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend :):)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

It's raining today and I decided to play Open Your Heart on the drive over to work. It was a very cool moment and I feel powerful now

Thanks for the "Monday Motivation" lol :) I feel powerful now too! Good vibes this week guys, let's try not to let too much "Chaos" get us down everyone :D

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Rorac posted:

Gotta admit, for all the missteps Sega has had with gameplay/storywriting, they have an almost unreasonably good track record on the music. Not every song is amazing naturally, but I can't think of a sonic game I've played or heard that didn't have at least 2-3 songs that were fantastic. And hell, even the bad ones are rarely if ever annoying bad, just merely ok.

I think pretty much all SEGA products generally have above average sound/music. Sonic All Star Racing Transformed's music is unbelievable.

Also I know the internet stream was an abortion but the live video I've heard from the Sonic party itself sounded amazing (like sound stage set up, etc). I'm still completely :swoon: with the Sonic Mania reveal trailer music like a month later.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kashuno posted:

If Sonic Mania somehow turns out bad Sega should just shut it all down.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i love sonic and i love everyone who has accepted sonic into their heart unconditionally.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

Man, Generations is so good.

It's worth installing the Unleashed mod if you love the 3d Sonic sections in Generations I assume?

Well it's free so there's no reason to not give it a shot

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sonic 2017 will probably have just an overly dramatic and laughably edgy plot as the sonic adventure games but as long as it plays Good like colors/generations 2017 will be The Year Of Sonic for me :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Someone earlier explained the Sonic cast in DBZ terms but today is one of those days where I need someone to explain Sonic to me in WWE terms.