Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jsor posted:

Officially known as "Project 2017", but often referred to as "Sonic Generations 2", this was revealed at the very end of the 25th anniversary event. It looks like it has a more serious tone than recent Sonic games. The trailer opens with a grimacing Sonic in a burning city, and ends with the line "Join the Resistance". We have absolutely no clue what this game entails other than that it features the return of classic and modern Sonics, and likely has new levels instead of remixed classic stages. Sonic Boom Sonic may also make an appearance.

Why would you put that in the OP? It's completely baseless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Onmi posted:

I believe you will find he's too busy for something as low class as Sonic

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVxkZ5lZeYU

:eyepop:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

Is there a widely agreed "worst level" in Sonic Generations?

I mean other than the boss fights.

Any level where you don't set the song to Super Sonic Racing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Same, except for like one or two levels Sonic Adventure 2 has aged extremely well

Actually, there are more than two emerald hunting stages.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

loving thank you

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

VikingofRock posted:

In Sonic Mania, has it been confirmed whether the villain will be referred to as Robotnik or Eggman? This is very important.

They have been fused into a single being...called Eggrobo.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I don't like the scanlines.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

big jon streamed a speedrun of all the canonical sonic games (plus spinball and 3d blast) while getting all the chaos emeralds the other day. took like 6 hours.

Define canonical.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Augus posted:

Well, Sonic 06 wrote itself out of canon, but is it canon that it write itself out of canon?

Of course. Otherwise it'd be canon.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

If Sonic 06 isn't canon then why does Silver keep showing up in all the new games?

Someone's gotta make the rest of the cast look good.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

1, 2, CD, 3, Knuckles.

The word you're looking for is "Genesis", then.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

sonic cd was on the sega cd.

And the Sega CD was on the Genesis. :colbert:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Spergatory posted:

So, something I've noticed: Sonic has faced world-rending abominations in each of the classical elements except one. We have Chaos for water, Iblis for fire, and Gaia for earth. Where's my crazy out-of-control wind god, SEGA?

Not for nothing, but Iblis is more literally the devil than a fire elemental.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

That's just what that stage sounds like :confused:

It's slower than how it sounds in America:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQa79Hp6M6k

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Not a remix per se, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PBSxpOlvaM

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

Well Unleashed started with Eggbotnik blowing up the world and actually beating Super Sonic so

And then Chip straddled an ice cream cone.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Wasn't Sally temporarily pink at one point, or am I imagining things?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

when it's 8am and you haven't had your chaos emeralds yet

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sonic Unleashed is great actually.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Somone streamed the whole thing if you're interested

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

MikeJF posted:

I could see that being a romhack of Yoshi's Island. Sonic 2, not so much.

It works super well from what I've seen. Yoshi's better suited for Sonic platforming than Sonic, funnily enough.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

IT'S A GOOD ROMHACK OKAY?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't have anything to add to this other than Sonic Chronicles is now objectively a Better game than Mass Effect: Andromeda and this is the most important accomplishment this game will ever make to me :911:

:laugh:

Review scores are wildly subjective

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

How do you do the infinite spin dash in Lost World? Asking for a friend.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

If you try to make an echidna, Ken Penders comes out of the screen and sues you.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Re: handheld Sonic music, Wrapped in Black is good but also the least appropriate use of a dead human rights activist that I can think of

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I always knew Knuckles was good.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I realize this is almost 20 years off from being actually relevant, but I've been working on a thing that I think this thread might appreciate. Enjoy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10nlP5lhLvQ

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Skeletome posted:

Why did you make that

They made a vow, Skeletome.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 1, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Schwarzwald posted:

I have never watched Sonic Underground, but I can already tell that this is the ideal method of viewing that show.

Will you do other episodes?

I'll answer your question with a question: would you believe the entire series cost only $32?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

No way it would be that expensive.

It's a better value than the new Bubsy.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Are there any good mods for the PC version of Sonic Adventure 2? Mostly I just want to turn off the music.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

To put different music on, I mean.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

jivjov posted:

What is WRONG with you?

Sonic Mania and Sonic Generations both give you some control over music, and those are good games. :colbert:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I was stoned out of my gourd last time I posted so I'll come clean: I like to listen to podcasts while I game and have been thinking of making a few SA2 videos. Both of these things would be better if I could disable the music. That's all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Does anyone have a link to whatever interview or article it was where someone from Sega talked about how expensive and infeasible it is to make levels crammed with window dressing that the player will see for maybe two or three minutes? Seems real fuckin' pertinent right now!