Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BCf-3lSMug

Give me this loving game right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Vakal posted:

Maybe it is just the crap youtube quality, but Sonic's "ball" mode seems off to me in this video. Like it has no animation at all to give it a sense that he's moving.

It sounds like you're not watching one of the 60fps resolutions (which, understandable, Youtube has been poo poo about that lately) but if you watch it at one of those it looks perfectly fine. It's just an issue with the video you're watching not being 60fps while all the animations are

elf help book posted:

I think they were using that picture all night, like as the logo of the night's party.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's happening though. It was like JOIN THE RESISTANCE and there's no way the resistance is only two people. Though of course then it's only 3 so I dunno who else would be in this "resistance"

Maybe each version of the game gets its own resistance member, Mario on NX, uhhh Kratos on PS4?? Some poo poo on Xbox idk, Tracer on PC

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 28, 2016

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm still infinitely amused by her actually being a thing in All-Stars Racing Transformed. I can't even be mad it's so out of left field it's just amazing.

I still like that nerds were furious over a Yogscast dude being added to the game even though it all went toward charity

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I had to look that poster up and make sure the man in the suit at the top wasn't a Photoshop. Who is that guy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

beep by grandpa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omKGDC4JaMU
Another great sonic vid by Mr. Bunnyhop. For this wondering it's a very well presented backstory on how the main developers of Sonic Mania came to be.

I wish Super Bunnyhop didn't always sound like the saddest man in the universe

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

beep by grandpa posted:

the most excited I have ever been in my adult life for a video game was MGSV

That's weird

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Jarogue posted:

I want to fight Brass Eggman

Is this from the IOS port?

I really wish they had brought those over to Steam so I could use an actual controller. The touchscreen controls are unplayable to me

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sonic kissing himself makes plenty of sense when you think about it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I remember the part with the rocket wisp in that level being really annoying

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Flint_Paper posted:

I'm not really a collectors edition kind of guy, but I'm pretty sure that I'd strangle every last one of you lovely chums if it got me one of these https://twitter.com/videogamercom/status/775666466154745856

GIVE ME THIS

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Polygon has several no commentary videos of the gameplay so far, and they just uploaded a few more of the new zone + Tails gameplay of Studiopolois.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvNQw9MROns

:eyepop: :swoon:

That MUSIC

There's a lot of exploring the stage and seeing animations and stuff

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

I don't like the scanlines.

It's confirmed that you can turn them off. They are on by default though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Can Tee Lopes just go ahead and release the full soundtrack early because drat

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Well you hop into it at the end of Carnival Night Zone and then get shot over to Ice Cap Zone

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Anyone who doesn't like City Escape should be arrested

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Elfgames posted:

this is dumb hotdogs are made of cows and pigs that are raised on a farm, sonic can care about wildlife without being a vegan

Sonic is an SJW

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

What does this mean for buying the megadrive issues? I'd like to get those when my tax return comes around. I love love love the art in them, Tyson Hesse's art blows me away every time

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Tyson Hesse Sonic IS the perfect Sonic

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

TFRazorsaw posted:

he's an artist

He wrote and drew his own comic called Diesel that I think has sold pretty well

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mystic Cave Zone rules cause the music is DOOOOPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1cbKFgz-9g

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

All the remixes by this guy own.

:yeah:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Idiot Knuckles is cool and good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I remember the comic got rebooted because Sega was like :wtf: at crying Sonic but I think it's interesting characters like Sally, Rotor, Antoine etc are still able to be in the story. I wonder if Sega just considerd them established enough to stick around?

RIP Scourge though. Too good for this world

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'd like to see Tee Lopes and Jake Kaufman collab on something

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I remember stories in Sonic the Comic about Charmy being a bee prince or something, and he didn't want that so he ran off to live in the Special Stage? It was a long time ago and I haven't looked at it since I was 8.

In the Archie comics he was a prince as well, but also had this thing where he was only bee sized when flying. When not flying he'd be as big as Knuckles or Tails or whoever. He revealed this to all the other Chaotix much to their surprise because I guess he just never took a break from flying.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

TFRazorsaw posted:

Fans hate it when Sonic tries to take itself seriously.

While simultaneously complaining that they can't take this wacky egg shaped man who makes egg shaped robots seriously when he calls himself Eggman.

Robotnik is just such a good name

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Jesus Christ the end of this is like the Sora Donald Goofy of the Sonic universe

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Same except it's just Antoine and he's still a lovely French stereotype

Um yeah who would want anything else

Kikas posted:

What are you supposed to do to keep momentum? I run at maximum speed, then hit a loop, get a quarter of the way up and it's all gone. I stop, roll down it and stop. Am I supposed to hold right? UP? JUMP? I have no clue and loops have been the bane of my existance in 2D Sonic games since forever.

:psyduck:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCykZakUE5Q

:discourse:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Am I supposed to think that Sonic Forces Green Hill footage looks bad or something because it it absolutely doesn't

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Can you make Sonichu

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

No but like for real give me a sunglasses, leather jacket, sharp teeth, and green skin option so I can make Scourge tia

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That trailer :swoon:

I'm so happy Tyson Hesse is getting official Sonic gigs now. That animation is great. And his Sonic art is so good :allears:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Screaming Idiot posted:

You are welcome to feel that way and I agree that 2D modern gameplay is not as good as 2D gameplay from the 90's. However, I prefer modern 3D Sonic games and would like to see more of them without the gimmicks.

3D Sonic games can't exist without gimmicks in the first place so you've got a paradox on your hands

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

"Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic Mania."

Also there's no 4th floor

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:confused:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Chibs posted:

That Act 2 music!!!! Feelin' some Sonic CD design pulls there which kinda work for the stage. Also liking that the bounce goop is light blue. HEH. Portal ref. Us gamers. :c00lbutt:

e: longer clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TX2I3iUORQ

loving hell give me this game right now

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

thousands of moustache combinations, unprecedented level of control over body fat distribution, finally YOU are The Eggman

sneak preview:

<--

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Way to be late to the party, losers :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Stink Terios posted:

Probably not the same obscure shortcut you're thinking of!

It is