Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Confession time.

In 2003, I burned a CD that alternated between Sonic Adventure 1/2 vocals and Drowning Pool tracks. I think I still have that CD somewhere.

Please don't tell anyone else. It took a lot of guts to admit this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

noo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I remember being really excited when Sonic X got announced in Japan and even downloading a lovely RealPlayer or Quicktime version of the undubbed pilot. I remember the scene with Sonic racing that car was really awesome. But once I found out that the main character was some dumb human kid I checked out. I always hated hated hated the surrogate audience member character in these shows. Nobody gives a poo poo about the human kids in Transformers, and nobody gives a poo poo about the kid in Sonic X.

Years later in community college, I joined the film club and we were pitching ideas for a movie and someone pitched a movie where Sonic and pals come to the real world and had human forms. I left after that first session and no movie was made that year.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sonic Generations 2 confirmed to just be remakes of Sonic spinoffs: Spinball, Shuffle, R, and Battle.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If they're going to recreate the true Sonic experience for Sonic Jam, then they should license out a track to... I dunno... Billy Ocean.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I marvel at the fact that someone got paid for remembering that one time Sonic pestered Bart Simpson into stealing a copy of Bonestorm over two decades ago.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I thought about moving my Sonic Mania CE preorder to Switch, but I think I'm gonna keep it on PS4 since Sonic with the Dualshock d-pad is more comfortable than with an analog stick. I'll probably get the Switch version in an eventual sale for portability reasons. Would have been an instant move if Switch got a physical copy.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Uggg. I decided to keep my preorder of Sonic Mania CE on PS4 because of the d-pad, but now that I have a Switch Pro Controller reserved, I want it on Switch. But CE preorders aren't available on Amazon.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

sonic 2 was the first video game i ever owned.

Same. Probably put me on the terrible path I ended up going.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They should make a game where you play as Eggman and all you do is come up with ways to punk on Knuckles.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They already made Sonic Adventure 3 but in the US it was called Sonic World 2: Flicky's Island.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

It's a tragedy that we've never had a Brian Blessed-voiced Robotnik.

There's always the live action Sonic movie that's in the works.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sonic Chronicles literally ends with a looping dialogue tree about Bioware developers.

Not a credits roll. Tails talking about how cool a few Bioware developers were.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Get ATLUS to make it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I love the Koopa name because in Polish the word means "poop."

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Koopalings don't even get any dialogue until Paper Jam.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I never made any Sonic OCs, despite drawing the hell out of him in kindergarten. This is an absurdedly brilliant idea though.

Why isn't there a crab option. I wanna make a crab.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just realized that Sega is going to successfully trick me into making my first OC.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/867424594746933248

This works better in the feed, where the preview doesn't show the third image, but clicking on the image reveals the last part.

Tap Knuckles? I'd rather flex my muscles.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Sonic The Hedgehog does not gently caress. Ever. He achieves full satisfaction just by staring at you with his massive hypersensitive eyes, and passionately filling his rounded belly with chilidogs.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Infinite refers to his power level.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's on Hulu. I saw a couple episodes and it was pretty decent, but there's just so much more of anything else I wanna see instead, like rewatching Batman TAS for the hundredth time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ColdPie posted:

Is the Sonic Boom TV show as good as these clips make it seem? Cause I might have to hunt that down if so.

I've been watching it the past couple days. I'm enjoying it. As TFRazorsaw said, it doesn't have the slapstick zaniness that Adventures of Sonic had, but it's pretty enjoyable. Eggman steals every scene he's in.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I like Orbot and Cubot, but I do miss the vindictive rear end in a top hat nature of Scratch and Grounder. Scratch would kick a baby and laugh about it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wait, Elise is 26? Isn't Sonic a teenager? Yeeeeesh.

Also, I had a tape with that episode where Tails reveals his name is Miles and he hated that name. What the hell dude. You shared a name with Miles Davis!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Early Sonic history is so weird and fascinating.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ColdPie posted:

I'm pretty sure there have been no Sonic games since 1994. I'm excited for them to revive the long-dead series this August.

You've stumbled into the wrong thread, my friend. The Bubsy thread is that-away. :ocelot:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I really like Spinball.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Does anyone remember the bubble gum that came in a box that looked like a GameGear and it had trading cards with Sonic GG game cover art? Those were rad. They had Gameboy ones too.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Knuckles emerald hunting could have worked as it's own game with a bunch of refinements. Definitely the best not-Sonic gameplay of the Adventure games.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Akett posted:

That exists, it's called Breath of the Wild.

Not enough chill beats.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's a drat shame we never got a badnik creator game in the vein of that Star Wars droid factory PC game.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I downloaded the Sega Forever Sonic 1. It's still the Christian Whitehead version.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

Sonic Forces has a huge mammal bias, if this was a game truly aimed at my inner child, it would allow me to make reptiles and dinosaurs. No turtles or gators? Bullshit. 0/10.

Vector the Crocodile is the best forgotten Sonic character next to Nack the Weasel.

It's technically true, my Sanic OC was E-107 Theta who was Gamma painted green, so I guess that's a robotty botsona
:goonsay:

I wanna make my fursona, which is a lobster man.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I played through Sonic 3 & Knuckles yesterday and it was so good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Spiderdrake posted:

No I hope it threads the needle between "successful enough to justify more manias" but not so successful Sonic Team's cast of goobers decide to take over completely. I think this working arrangement, especially if Forces sells well, is extremely beneficial to Sonic.

Cybershell's "I like, but I don't love" goes here.

On the other hand, if this outsells Sonic Forces, maybe Christian Whitehead will become the new director at Sonic Team.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope DC gets the Sonic license so we can get the Sonic/Flash race we all want to see.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

azurite posted:

I've always wondered why Sega never brought back the one "3D Sonic" thing that EVERYONE liked. Chao mobile app? Hello?

Then again, there have already been many more questionable decisions made.

Do you really want to wish another F2P mobile app into this world?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's too bad achievements killed cheat codes/modes. In another universe, Sonic Forces gets a Sonic Adventure 1 big mouth talking mode for cutscenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh gently caress yes.

I wonder what this means for the Archie Sonic comics on Comixology. I've been considering on slowly buying them. Dunno now.