Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I was really into Phish like 20 years ago and gradually became less and less into them over the years and these days a lot of their longer jams just sound like pointless filler to me, especially when Trey solos.

But I still have my old tapes and I still have a favorite YEM: Pittsburgh 10-18-1996. Good Maze that night too.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

these are really cool, watching Page's now, thanks!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I would like a video showing how they pack up Page's gear and load it onto the trucks.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

rally posted:

LivePhish is the only phish

Rift is a very good studio album imo. They are capable of it, even if it's rare.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Bombtrack posted:

Billy Breathes, Lawn Boy, Rift, and Picture of Nectar I feel are all pretty strong start to finish.

Those are all good and so is Junta but to me Rift is really the only studio album of theirs that feels like a proper album rather than a collection of songs, in that it has a consistent atmosphere and theme, and I feel like several of the tunes on there (It's Ice and Wedge for example) come across best in studio form. The others feel more like just collections of songs and most of them are better live - a song like YEM for example just doesn't live up to it's live version when you listen to the record.

• Locked thread