Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

CJacobs posted:

I'm not an alcoholic! :)

I'll drink to that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Im not either in fact im drinking a clausthaler right now

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You shouldn't own yourself in my opinion but if you do do it you gotta do it in a really crazy messy way that leaves everyone who witnessed it really hosed up for years to come

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I can't drink anymore because my mouth is sewn shut

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Moon Atari posted:

As much as it shames me to reveal any degree of care for such things, people posting intimate details of their life should probably be aware that Keg is trolling for the sake of fyad, where a common belief is that all posters outside of fyad are mentally ill/depressed or alcoholic, and a frequent source of amusement is coaxing gbs into revealing that. Which is usually all fun and games, but actually getting people to talk about their suicide attempts is an overreach and misinterpretation by a poster who should simultaneously go back to and stay out of gbs.

ITT We post our detailed plans to commit heinous crimes and acts of terrorism (SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY NO TROLLING PLS)

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

It feels like... a bag of sand

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moon Atari posted:

As much as it shames me to reveal any degree of care for such things, people posting intimate details of their life should probably be aware that Keg is trolling for the sake of fyad, where a common belief is that all posters outside of fyad are mentally ill/depressed or alcoholic, and a frequent source of amusement is coaxing gbs into revealing that. Which is usually all fun and games, but actually getting people to talk about their suicide attempts is an overreach and misinterpretation by a poster who should simultaneously go back to and stay out of gbs.

How did you gently caress up killing yourself lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Moon Atari posted:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
It was kind of a spur of the moment thing in the dorm room of someone I barely knew. I grabbed the sharpest thing I could find to slice my wrists with, which was a pair of scissors. When my friend walked in and saw what I was doing I asked her if she had anything sharper. She grabbed them out of my hand but didn't call an ambulance or anything. I ended up wandering off while she took care of her girlfriend who had alcohol poisoning and was throwing up in the shower. Walked around campus alone feeling like a failure. No sense of relief or feeling thankful that I wasn't successful. Called a few friends to tell them what happened and felt guilty when they started crying. Spent a few weeks with my wrist bandaged up telling people I sprained it. You can't really see the scar anymore.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I've brought a few people back from an unresponsive / no pulse state that came back far enough that you could talk to them and they all said they saw / felt nothing while dead.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Moon Atari posted:

I haven't posted in FYAD in at least a year probably though

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Nooner posted:

You shouldn't own yourself in my opinion but if you do do it you gotta do it in a really crazy messy way that leaves everyone who witnessed it really hosed up for years to come

Tbh I agree. If you're willing to go that far and kill yourself, the least you can do is traumatize some bystanders. Dress up as Santa Claus, swallow several pounds of candy in wrappers and jump off a skyscraper on a playground or something lol

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Don't do it, OP!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Painful and sad I'd imagine.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

I've brought a few people back from an unresponsive / no pulse state that came back far enough that you could talk to them and they all said they saw / felt nothing while dead.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nonbeing

There you all go.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

The Dregs posted:

It's literal proof that you fail at everything.

This. Also there was lots of puking involved. At least no one else found out about it.

maddison
Nov 25, 2007

What the hell am I doing here?

Keg posted:

I haven't posted in FYAD in at least a year probably though

Long con.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Colonel Cancer posted:

Tbh I agree. If you're willing to go that far and kill yourself, the least you can do is traumatize some bystanders. Dress up as Santa Claus, swallow several pounds of candy in wrappers and jump off a skyscraper on a playground or something lol

Or like jump in front of a speeding train right in front of a super busy station so you get splattered all over AND gently caress up everyone's commute lol

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Nooner posted:

Or like jump in front of a speeding train right in front of a super busy station so you get splattered all over AND gently caress up everyone's commute lol

That happened to someone I know, I don't think he got splattered on but he described it as "grisly."

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Keg posted:

I think that lots of people often feel regret as soon as they think they know for sure they're going to die, because once I saw a documentary called The Bridge and the guys who survived all said that at the very last moment before they hit the water after jumping off the bridge, they decided they didn't want to die. It's maybe because animals don't want to die on a visceral level, even if some people think dying will fix their problems.

It's programmed into your brain to not want to die. Overcoming that is like overcoming the urge to have sex, but times ten thousand. That's why it usually takes repeated attempts.

Personally I just felt regret for waking up and wasting the opportunity, because it takes a lot to work up to an attempt. There isn't a doubt in my mind I wouldn't have gone through with the second attempt but there was sort of a mega positive thing that came out of nowhere a couple days before I would have run out of the last of my money and liquor.

There's sort of an attrition on the survival instinct, the longer you spend and the more attempts you make the less powerful it becomes. In a way it's been a positive thing since I look forward to eventual death as eternal piece rather than a backbrain terror of not existing anymore.

Shizmo
Feb 2, 2010

JUICED TO THE GILLS
Guilt for almost committing a crime.

Shizmo
Feb 2, 2010

JUICED TO THE GILLS
Like any other orgasm except for the HIV in the jizz

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Colonel Cancer posted:

Tbh I agree. If you're willing to go that far and kill yourself, the least you can do is traumatize some bystanders. Dress up as Santa Claus, swallow several pounds of candy in wrappers and jump off a skyscraper on a playground or something lol HO HO HO

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
I was going to strangle myself to death because its probably the most controllable reasonably comfortable way to go, but it turned out that mild asphyxiation made it impossible to feel depressed or anxious anymore. I did some testing on what kind of location and pressure gives the easiest way out, but when I was done, the mildly buzzed state I was in was acceptable in every way, so I never went through with the real deal.

Tried again later, same thing happened, and I realized that death wasnt such a great goal to have in life anyway. Overall a nice experience, would recommend over jumping from a tall place and waking up in pain in the nearest hospital.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm guessing it either feels like total failure or you succeed.

I've never tried. Give it a shot, OP.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Do you know what committing murder is like? It's like that, but on yourself.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Do you know what committing murder is like? It's like that, but on yourself.

they only thing I've ever slain is the OP's mom's puss so I guess owning yourself feels pretty dang good :grin:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nooner posted:

they only thing I've ever slain is the OP's mom's puss so I guess owning yourself feels pretty dang good :grin:

Like when a water balloon bursts on my dilz.

Bitch this mattress is less then a year old, tell me to put a loving towel down first, if you are that into me.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
just like you feel like right now

a big idiot!!

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

I always figured FYAD was

It's more like competitive irreverence.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Enfield posted:

it was very painful and when i woke up i had drug dreams that i had a reset switch that would let me go back in time. after that was regret. pls dont kill yourselves. well bye

im happy you didnt burn to death enfield

you will do a lot of good in this world

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Guys if you kill yourselves god will throw you into hell where youll burn for eternity

it is a SIN

dont do it, god IS NOT PLAYING AROUND

maddison
Nov 25, 2007

What the hell am I doing here?

Zzulu posted:

Guys if you kill yourselves god will throw you into hell where youll burn for eternity

it is a SIN

dont do it, god IS NOT PLAYING AROUND

Sick burn.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

Jesus loving Christ, shut up.

There is also a thing called catharsis.

There is also a thing called perspective, which would allow someone reading GBS, who could be possibly contemplating this endeavor, a reprieve from doing so.

And yes, it could also be used, by a degenerate, to laugh at the underprivileged.

Welcome to life, rear end in a top hat.

Where intent matters.

Doesn't hurt to throw in a heads up to people that might not want to share intimate details if they knew about the band of degenerates somehow using it to feel superior. At least I didn't think it hurt? I guess it did, somehow.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Moon Atari posted:

Doesn't hurt to throw in a heads up to people that might not want to share intimate details if they knew about the band of degenerates somehow using it to feel superior. At least I didn't think it hurt? I guess it did, somehow.

Who is your FYAD alt?

Confess and be set free.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Pudding Huxtable posted:

it's like a warm apple pie

No that's for troons cutting their dicks off. This is the suicide thread.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

Who is your FYAD alt?

Confess and be set free.

i'm lowtax's alt, but every time i admit it people think that I'm joking.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Moon Atari posted:

i'm lowtax's alt, but every time i admit it people think that I'm joking.

Just like this site is a CIA front?
:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
:wom::mason::wom:

Don't do it, the bad thing.

• Locked thread