Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moon Atari posted:

degenerates somehow using it to feel superior
yeah bevause none of the threads in gbs do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Lonely, I imagine.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
For me it came from a deep and crippling depression, at a point where a manic desperation for escape and an unshakeable set of compulsions made me feel as though I had no other options available to me were I to remain true to myself and still stick to my ideals of leaving the world a "better place."

Thankfully there were enough people close to me to be shaken by my behavior, which then allowed me to take stock and remember just how dismal the silhouettes are that we cast upon our friends, families, and neighbors alike when the act of suicide is taken, and after putting myself through all that hell I realized that I'd rather learn to love and be loved again than to hate violently once and finally, never to be forgiven again.

Namaste, and peace be with you fellow sadbrain'd gods. :therapy:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Wish someone would say what it's like to actually commit suicide, I've been curious for a while. Don't wanna go through with it unless there's something good on the other side, ya know?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
suicide is cheating and God frowns on cheaters

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

posting from heaven, its a little underrated

tonight, jesus took the cookies out of the oven a little early and they ended up doughy. god and paul and kimbo slice all laughed at him and he cried

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

suicide is cheating
When you die from sickness accident and murder... God fucks you !!
When you kill yourself... Devil fucks you ! :twisted: Share If U Like

PostEldar
May 7, 2004

I'm in your area.
Acceptance feels like warmth.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

he's right

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I'm pretty sure ghosts don't have eyeballs.

e: traditional eyeballs

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I'm pretty sure ghosts don't have eyeballs.
we can hook up right to the internet, forums posts feel like a jacuzzi jet on your wiener

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Ruggan posted:

posting from heaven, its a little underrated

tonight, jesus took the cookies out of the oven a little early and they ended up doughy. god and paul and kimbo slice all laughed at him and he cried

sounds like not heaven brah

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Kierkegaardian dread is the actual answer

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

The Dregs posted:

It's literal proof that you fail at everything.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, Enfields burns are from a suicide attempt?

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
too many attempts to count and too many methods to list. only stopped because I got tired of being committed for it.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

how can you be so bad at killing yourself?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Theres no way i could answer that because if I ever decided that I wanted to commit suicide I would instantly onsheath my katana and drive it into my heart killing me instantly.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Haven't gotten far enough for a full attempt. Just thoughts about the pros and cons of it.

Used to end with "My luck, I will live in a more crippled condition I am now, so forget it" and I'd stay in depressed agony for a few days.

Now ends very quickly with "Can't think about that, I have someone to live for" :unsmith: which leads to others saying "oh god don't invest yourself into another person like that, what if..." but gently caress em, it works.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Grem posted:

Wish someone would say what it's like to actually commit suicide, I've been curious for a while. Don't wanna go through with it unless there's something good on the other side, ya know?

If you're legitimately asking: There is nothing on the other side, there is no other side, don't do it

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Me, I've thought about suicide a lot, but I haven't gotten to the point of actually trying it. Maybe someday.

So here's Brad Jones AKA "The Cinema Snob" talking about his near-suicide experience and the aftermath:

"Once Upon a Time When I Tried Committing Suicide"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-TBvf9iCes

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

you see your whole life flash before your eyes. i jumped off a tall building and it felt like i was falling forever, but i decided about 50 feet from the ground that there was good in this world after all and i grabbed onto a light pole and swung around it a couple times, did a flip, landed on my feet, straightened my tie and started a business

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
lol gbs is so depressed and suicidal hahahaha

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
You should watch this it's super good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYjf3zP09Ew

ps. you probably shouldn't watch it if you are prepared to kill yourself at the drop of a hat

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
I can take or leave it if I please
That game of life is hard to play

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

lol if you don't use a suicide bag

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
It's the scariest thing you could ever do. The most terrifying position you could ever put yourself in. And depending on your method, various degrees of both. (Like on the ledge of a building.)

Thing is, if you're all ready to go, one more step and it's DONE...and you pull back, nothing else in life is as scary. Doesn't come close.

(Yet.)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You may or may not get your 40 virgins ( but they are all GBS posters so its probably not worth it)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I look forward to killing myself soon

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

thanks for taking a break from making GBS threads up the other threads moon atari

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Todd Hansen's WTF episode is a deep dive into this rabbit hole, but highly recommended

e: when depressed, consider this zen koan from Norm MacDonald: "Now they go, 'Hey, he lost his battle.' That's no way to end your life, you know? What a loser that guy was. The last thing he did was lose!"

china bot fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 29, 2016

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Why the frig have so many GBS posters tried to kill themselves?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Keg posted:

Why the frig have so many GBS posters tried to kill themselves?
Exposure to GBS.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You'll find that many posters in every subforum have attempted suicide, it's not exclusive to GBS. Why, just take a trip on down to TCC, where killing yourself is expected behavior! :)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Suicide goons: Will committing suicide get rid of this headache? I've taken literally 50% more than the recommend adult dosage of paracetamol and even had a bit of a lie down but no dice. I'm at my wits' end here.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Suicide goons: Will committing suicide get rid of this headache? I've taken literally 50% more than the recommend adult dosage of paracetamol and even had a bit of a lie down but no dice. I'm at my wits' end here.

How about removing a glowing screen from your face, idiot? Also lie down in a dark room with as little sensory stimulation as possible (no sounds or lights or smells), then sleep for two hours and wake up in a haze that kinda but not really reminds you of being stoned?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't it's nice to call me an idiot just for asking for some simple advice. If only there were a way to escape the cruelty of this world.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I don't it's nice to call me an idiot just for asking for some simple advice. If only there were a way to escape the cruelty of this world.

Okay man im sorry i didnt mean it. I highly recommend that you just shut down your computer, turn off the lights and then lie down and try to sleep

And dont kill youre own self please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
alternatively, OWN YOU'RE KILL SELF

• Locked thread