Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Well 3 minutes in 2 chances for braga 1 for Benfica.this one is gonna be a good game for cardiac arrests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Btw the comentator for this match in Benfica TV is Stefan "the swede" schwartz.legend.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Benfica scores!loving mitroglou.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Benfica once again put Braga in it's place, Jorge Jesus got owned and made a complete fool, and Porto looks like to continue it's slide into irrelevancy. Perfect weekend action here at the Liga NOS(tm).

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Its a pretty good monday op. Seriously that game was great and an example of the best this podunk league has to offer:90%of the intensity and speed of the premier league,90% of the tactical acumen of série A,75% of the drama and diving of South American leagues, it was great.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Allrighty you reprobates the action continues in the best worst league in Europe.

Porto faces off against boavista in a local derby.FC Porto are in a mini crisis after loosing against Sporting and a draw vs Tondela. Any other result but a win and all hell will break loose. This Porto team is kinda bad but Boavista is a team that tries hard every match but in ter ms of quality is probably the worst team in the league.

Sporting goes to Estoril to try to redeem their loss against Rio ave last week. They probably will win if Jorge Jesus doesnt try to invent some stupid tactic or player adaptation to prove to the world that he is a master tactician.Estoril have some good players and they are clearly underperforming.their fitness is a major concern.

Benfica travels 450 km to Chaves to face the sensation team of the league . Benfica and Chaves are the only teams who havent lost this season.Chaves is a good team with a good coach and highly motivated players while Benfica is still strugling with injuries to their frontline.if we scrape by with 1-0 win ill be happy.

Sporting-Estoril and chaves-Benfica should be good games,só catch them in your stream method of choice,and follow along with us the missadventures of the best worst league in Europe.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Portuguese teams in the CL: 6 matches, 1 win. RIP our coefficient

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Portuguese teams in the CL: 6 matches, 1 win. RIP our coefficient

So the Portuguese are doing this too?
"Getting the sixth place" has been the fourth national sport (after hockey, football, and doping) here for the past 9 years

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Didn't they set up some new rules so that the coefficient doesn't matter anymore?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
thread is loving dead yo

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/ewyg.mp4?token=1478196408_019c2dddcd7c0ef6542627bc9d877caea031a654

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Lindo. BTW it's dead because there's no games.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

That show used to be a lot better when it was Serrão, Seara and Barroso. It was actually fun to watch, as the trio was mostly in on the joke, and none of them seemed to hate each other. It was also when Serrão was calling Lopetegui the Basque Che Guevara of football, for it's revolutionary football tactics of changing your starting eleven every match. It was fun, even if contained zero football insight.

Now it's an even shittier Dia Seguinte, and Dia Seguinte it's loving unbearable garbage.

Also gently caress yeah proper football is back this weekend, all of them garbage matches, but yeah no more lovely internationals or poo poo cups. Jut 100% Liga NOS(tm) goodness.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Electronico6 posted:

That show used to be a lot better when it was Serrão, Seara and Barroso. It was actually fun to watch, as the trio was mostly in on the joke, and none of them seemed to hate each other. It was also when Serrão was calling Lopetegui the Basque Che Guevara of football, for it's revolutionary football tactics of changing your starting eleven every match. It was fun, even if contained zero football insight.

Now it's an even shittier Dia Seguinte, and Dia Seguinte it's loving unbearable garbage.

Yeah it sucks

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUebinizOEc&t=259s

loving lol

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Portuguese coaches are always the best. Spreading tradition all over the world.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

How long till Jesus and the Former Fatman President are run out of Sporting? What a pair of frauds.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Electronico6 posted:

How long till Jesus and the Former Fatman President are run out of Sporting? What a pair of frauds.

we're playing like poo poo this year that's for sure...if Gelson Martins hadn't suddenly exploded in form i don't know where we'd be tbh

also here's the team of the week for the guardian

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

The gently caress are those scores? 7.83?are those agregates?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
We've turned to utter poo poo

orange sky
May 7, 2007

We've turned to utter poo poo

Indeed

Can't play to save our lives. loving Tondela and Nacional, what?

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

All right you primitive screwheads its time for porto vs Benfica, 2nd and 1st in the table respectively.

Benfica advantages:they lead the league by 5 points so they go in with less pressure to secure a win; they are also arguably the team playing the best football this season.

Benfica cons: Benfica is missing 5 starters including Jonas. So yeah.

Porto pros:they play at home.the stadium of the dragon is the worst place in Portugal for Benfica to play,they have been steadily improving in the last month.

Porto cons:they will be under a lot of pressure to secure a win today.they just aren't that good of a team.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

15 mins in luisao is injured.of course he is.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Porto are looking real good right now, Benfica is really missing Fejsa in front of the defense

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

All according to plan.(Benfica is probably loosing this)

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Half time 0-0 porto has being going all out I'm pretty certain they are going to run themselves ragged about 30 mins in.that's when the mighty Lisbon eagles strike!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lol the espn commentators are Mexican and they're all sad because Herrera hosed up there

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Porto at 1-0 and their fans celebrating wildly like they've won the league and Benfica scores in the last minute. loving lol. But Benfica got dominated the whole match, that's a good sign for their rivals

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

It isn't though because if you can't keep up with a Benfica whitout grimaldo,jardel,fejsa,rafa and Jonas then welp.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Porto at 1-0 and their fans celebrating wildly like they've won the league and Benfica scores in the last minute. loving lol. But Benfica got dominated the whole match, that's a good sign for their rivals

Not really seeing it. This was never going to be a favourable match for Benfica, and Benfica just played to not lose, and it did just that even without some important players on the back, and with luisão KO 15 minutes in. Outside of the Ederson fail on the goal shot, Porto didn't translate that dominance into anything useful, and Benfica never really felt like it was diving into panic.

Still 5 points of the clear, and it will most likely keep that when Sporting comes to the Luz in a month time.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Another loving international break. FIFA/UEFA have ruined football. Hopefully Trump can make the sport great again

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Another loving international break. FIFA/UEFA have ruined football. Hopefully Trump can make the sport great again

FIFA/UEFA have ruined football
The modern FIFA was created by Joao Havelange
Joao Havelange is from Brazil
Brazil is a descendant of Portugal
Thus
Portugal ruined football

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Alexeythegreat posted:

FIFA/UEFA have ruined football
The modern FIFA was created by Joao Havelange
Joao Havelange is from Brazil
Brazil is a descendant of Portugal
Thus
Portugal ruined football

Havelange was the son of a Belgium immigrant, so Portugal has not ruined Football

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Portugal brought football back to life for a brief moment when we won the Euros, the same Euros that were nearly ruined by Russian hooligans smearing poo poo on their faces after trying to rape and kill innocent English fans. Please leave the trolling out of this safe-space thread.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Current u-21 crop looking tasty,bunch of bad hombres in there.also lol arouca plays sporting in the cup again after the locker room brawl and Bruno de carvalho vapes.

the only good thing about the international break is that all the poo poo flinging dies down.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

He is a tremendeus idiot, but you can't say he is a quitter. Jorge Jesus once again tries to speak Spanish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoyFBsqoY5w

I can't quite decide which part of this is the funniest. The fact that he can't decide if he is going to say a word in Portuguese, Portunhol, or Spanish, or that he insists saying Ronaldo in "Spanish" Reynaldo.

He really really wants that Real job.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

I'm pretty sure some club with more money than sense will try one day,maybe Valencia.is Jesus agent Jorge Mendes?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

ChainsawCharlie posted:

I'm pretty sure some club with more money than sense will try one day,maybe Valencia.is Jesus agent Jorge Mendes?

He is. Jorge Mendes has been trying to put Jesus on Real Madrid since Mourinho was fired, and Jorge Jesus himself will not take a lesser job outside of Portugal. Problem is he's pretty loving awful at speaking any language, and big English/Spanish clubs won't hire a dude who can barely string two words and make an embarrassment out of himself every single time he opens his mouth. That poo poo flies in Portugal cause we're used to and like these kind of idiot managers, but not so much out there. He also has a poor track record on the Champions League, and the longer he stays in Sporting winning gently caress all the more behind will his winning seasons in Benfica be.

He wants to manage a Real Madrid or Manchester United, but in reality he hit the ceiling with Benfica and there's no where left to go other than Porto.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Well Benfica shited the bed this weekend losing to maritimo 2-1 while sporting won.2 points separate them now. Next week will be the derby between Benfica and sporting so poo poo will be flying everywhere in the media.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Lol Sporting once again draging the uefa cooficient down.you guys really are getting the full Jesus experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benfica - Sporting in 10 mins

• Locked thread