Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Benfica scores again on a brain freeze from vitoria.this is why you keep playing until you hear the ref's whistle.

Antifa Poltergeist fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006
And Porto draw 0-0 with Paços.

lol

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
So It seems on of my streaming service thinks am paying more then I really am and am now able to watch this league not only in Spanish but Portuguese on what I guess is the leagues own channel that basically broadcasting sports tv and benfica channel. What am I in for?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

So It seems on of my streaming service thinks am paying more then I really am and am now able to watch this league not only in Spanish but Portuguese on what I guess is the leagues own channel that basically broadcasting sports tv and benfica channel. What am I in for?

You've got yourself the deal of a lifetime to watch Glorious Sport Lisboa Benfica every weekend friend.

Everything else is crazy garbage though, so don't bother.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Well,. like most Good and Cool leagues(TM) , the drama outside the pitch is 50% of the fun, what you should expect:

1) Porto and Sporting complaining about the referees one week , then the very next week be completely favoured by them in penalties against them not being sanctioned, and they sudently shut up.
2) Bad referees. And i mean bad.like holy poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m2xgvMbOGQ
3) Some good football sometimes.
4) The spectacular murders of grammar by Sportings coach Jorge Jesus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD_eR9kCuxg

5) the amazing kharma of the universe dunking on sporting.
6) Benfica being boringly eficient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XALwA6Ad9j4

here is the league table:

Look at it, its beatifull.

What you should watch.
The derbies: Benfica x Sporting for the bitterest rivalry, Benfica x Porto for murderous rivalry, Sporting x Porto for meh... and some good football.Braga x Vitoria Guimaraes for a regional rivalry going into its 8th century.
Also of note, catch every game from benfica , porto and sporting against these teams:
Braga - Widely regarded as the 4th biggest team in portugal, they have been at the brink of title contention for the last decade. They might win a championship in the next 15 years!
vitoria guimaraes - 5th biggest team in portugal, had its up and downs, has a good coach and good young players
rio ave - one of the Good teams, more likely to cause an upset to the big 3, especially at home
Maritimo - same as above. Benficas only loss was against them.
Chaves - newly promoted side thats been playing really well.

The rest are garbage teams full of garbage wastemans.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

A lovely league

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Dont listen to mbm,hes in the traditional Sporting fan phase of "everything sucks" that hits around december . By may he'll be all "next year is Sportings year!" Again. Its kinda like the liverpool boom-bust cycle,only funnier.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2017/jan/07/portuguese-team-concede-bizarre-counterattack-goal-video

Portuguese referees: Sporting B scores a goal, and while their players are celebrating Braga B counter attacks and scores their own. How does this happen? Here's the replay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTNm-6lk_fA

You can watch on the replay that Sporting scores the goal, the players celebrate, the linesman allows it and starts running to the center of the pitch. But then the referee goes and has a chat with the linesman, and the linesman runs back to the area, raises his flag and decides he's changed his mind and the goal is now offside, all of this while Sporting players are still celebrating. Braga immediately plays the ball and scores on the counter.

If Benfica fans want to pretend that everything's fine, like Porto fans did for many years, they are free to do so of course. Good for them. But make no mistake about it: it is a lovely league.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Mean Bean Machine posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2017/jan/07/portuguese-team-concede-bizarre-counterattack-goal-video

Portuguese referees: Sporting B scores a goal, and while their players are celebrating Braga B counter attacks and scores their own. How does this happen? Here's the replay:

You can watch on the replay that Sporting scores the goal, the players celebrate, the linesman allows it and starts running to the center of the pitch. But then the referee goes and has a chat with the linesman, and the linesman runs back to the area, raises his flag and decides he's changed his mind and the goal is now offside, all of this while Sporting players are still celebrating. Braga immediately plays the ball and scores on the counter.

If Benfica fans want to pretend that everything's fine, like Porto fans did for many years, they are free to do so of course. Good for them. But make no mistake about it: it is a lovely league.

Awesome. The best refereeing honestly

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Blind linesman, luckily the referee was awake and saw the offside correctly.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Lol nah benfica fans know referees are poo poo, have been saying it for a long time.We lost a championship because of a 5 feet offside goal.I dont remember sporting saying poo poo back then.
Remember when Apito Dourado happened, and sporting fans did poo poo all because they had their faces so firmly planted in Porto's crotch they we're gaging old man dick? Just because they we're the perineal 2nd place finishers?
Remember when sporting shrieked "vouchers vouchers!" , reported benfica to lhe league, then it turned out every club ofered souvenirs to referees, the league told sporting "lol, no, thats completelly legit and well into the rules" , sporting cried "bandits! see how Benfica controls the League Board" , reported benfica do UEFA and uefa told sporting "lol, no, thats completelly legit and well into the rules"? Do you think that improved the referee's?
Remember when a former president of the league, that was also a former director of sporting was implementing measures to have the referee board be completelly independent and Sporting ousted him out after 8 months just because Sportings president didnt like him? how did that improved the referee's?
Remember how the previous president of the league before that almost drove the league association into bankrupcy? gutting a poo poo ton of money that should have been directed to referee's training?Remember how he was elected with the suport from sporting?
How the current president of the league was backed by sporting, and yet "Benfica still controls the league!"?
How sporting hounded the former head of the refereing comitee, got him to quit, elected their favoured guy for new head of the comitee, and yet Benfica still controls everything?
How's that working out? Referee's, are they any better?
Remember when a Sporting director was the only person convicted in a court of law of bribing a referee, in what must surely be the dumbest attempt at a honey pot ever?
Remember this season at round 4 sporting was leading the championship and Bruno de Carvalho came out and said "the referee's this year are great, finaly!" even after the complete botch of a game that was sporting vs porto?
Remember when Sporting cried about the penalty against Setubal, not that it wasnt a penalty, because it soon became clear that it was, but because it was sanctioned at the 92 minute and by god you cant sanction penalties after the 90 minutes or something?while conveniently "forgeting" the Coates penalty in the same game?
Remember when Sporting recalled two players that they had loaned out to Setúbal after that same game, just because of a tantrum?
Remember how all the constant winning and bitching about referee's contributed to an atmosphere we're a couple of them received death threats and needed police protection? Hows that for improving the level of the referee's?
Is that conductive to having the best people look at refereing as a valid profession, an environment that attracts qualified individuals?
Remember how sporting and sporting fans keep talking about inane poo poo while conveniently forgetting about the referee's mistakes that benefits them, in a strategy i lovinly call "the trump method"?
Btw, Is renato sanches age settled or do we need the long form birth certificate?
Remember all this poo poo?I remember.
So keep screaming, throwing tantrums and justifying every gently caress up you do with "ITS BENFICA'S FAULT" while nothing gets done, because people who want things done, get up and do it,instead of smearing their poo poo all over everyone else like some retarted toddler.People who throw tantrums dont actualy want any poo poo done at all.

In the immortal words of the Poet: "calem-se e joguem mas é á bola!"

orange sky
May 7, 2007

nice meltdown

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Didn't read

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

I support this post and good OP ChainsawCharlie in this most difficult of times where our noble and good football playing club o Glorioso Sport Lisboa Benfica is being viciously besieged by z-grade clubs that can't even hack it in the Post Office Cup.

Stay strong my bother.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Look buddies i have strong opinions about this gay dead lovely league, please dont burst into my safe space.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Unlike the extreme garbage teams that spend more time whining about adds on public tv than playing football, Benfica yesterday cruised to another win and reached the Final Four(tm) of the Post Office Cup.

6 points off from second, still in all the dumb cups and in Europe, feels real good man.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Lol Benfica is loosing 3-0.at home.in the first half.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Either Benfica turns this around or they loose by 5.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Hooooooly poo poo

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Yeah they turn it around. Gonna end 5 3 or something

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Gotta love Iuri though. That left foot <3

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

That was a fun game.also clearly the refs are in Benficas pocket,says increasingly retarded man for the 15627372th time this season.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Well I'm glad Benfica decided to bring excitement back to the league by throwing away two points at home to Boavista(?!). I suppose it's more fun for the minor clubs to believe they can win so we can crush their hopes and dreams in end.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Simone Poodoin posted:

loving lmao sporting

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Bruno de Carvalho is a great Football Club President and I hope he sticks around to make Sporting fail again.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Jesus out

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Buda in.

Lol there are Sporting fans seriously arguing that Jesus is a Benfica plant.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Actually it would cost 20 million to fire him. Jesus in

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Actually it would cost 20 million to fire him. Jesus in

Renovating his contract just last year was a great idea by your president. Much like selling all your good players and then spending all that money on a bunch of liposuctions and a divorce.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Benfica casually winning 5-2 .zivkovic is going to be so loving good

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
benfica just got knocked out of the cup. on a side note, i watch almost every league in the world for gambling purposes and i completely stopped watching portugese games because of how cynical the players are. how do people put up with watching these games on a regular basis?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

lol benfica you bunch of idiots, doesn't matter the post office cup is dumb anyway. didn't really want it.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

fat greasy puto posted:

benfica just got knocked out of the cup. on a side note, i watch almost every league in the world for gambling purposes and i completely stopped watching portugese games because of how cynical the players are. how do people put up with watching these games on a regular basis?

Its very hard to watch this lovely league

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

We're portuguese we loving Love sufering

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Little Moreirense just won the league cup by beating Braga 1-0, and that's cool.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Well Benfica farted in their own mouths this weekend and lost to setubal.they played real bad.next week its Porto vs Sporting so for one week only my battle cry will be "força Sporting"!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
wow, what a save by Casillas at the end there

http://streamable.com/c6uon

orange sky
May 7, 2007

poo poo gg, loving casillas

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Can someone tell me two things about Ederson; Is he good enough for City now that he's being linked with them (again?), and why does he have a neckbeard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Spoorting

• Locked thread