Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Hello. I would like to die for the cause. Please mark me down as a Plague Doctor named Dr. Scruffy :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

IMJack posted:

IIRC in the Arkham Horror board game by Fantasy Flight (lol ameritrash) the Mi-Go were wimpy trash monsters that dropped useful stuff when you stomped them, so they were the monsters you wanted to pop out of portals.

They're fairly weak loot piņatas, assuming you're not low on sanity and will check. You get a unique item when they die and they leave the game instead of going back to the monster pile.

They're a bit more threatening in other games like Mansions of Madness, where pretty much every monster can wreck your day.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Samovar posted:

There should be a cheevo for getting that many portraits in a single run.

There's an achievement for getting 30 heirlooms, but not one specifically for portraits.

I started up a game, no idea how much further I'll get into it. I'm on week 6 and I've lost a highwayman, leper, and hellion to various things. Oddly enough, the run I had with no healer due to stress and lack of stagecoach help didn't have any issues.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Skippy Granola posted:

I feel like I learned less than usual from the last two videos. Is what highwang did good or bad? Because it seemed to work ok despite the sour bitching.

Good things Highwang did: made good use of coral to remove bad perks that would otherwise be super expensive, not run out of food, not run out of shovels, kept stress low.

Bad things Highwang did: leave behind treasure with an empty slot, not use a bandage on a bleeding party member when inventory was already full of bandages and he got one out of a curio.

Debatable things: Stress was low and health was high, could have filled out that last inventory slot with a goodie to cap off the run. Two supports for a mid-game dungeon seems weird but it worked. ??????

• Locked thread