Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eddy Rasta
Mar 9, 2008
This thread, and having those infoposts give me a bit of direction for earlygame progression finally got me to start digging into this game properly. So far, although I haven't seen any grave robbers, man at arms, abominations, and didn't have the room for the one jester I saw, I've been having the best results from hellions, highwaymen using point blank + duelist's advance, and bounty hunters in that order. So, sign me up under that priority list! Pick whatever colour you like, as apart from some of the Jester's choices, I haven't seen anything that looks especially flashy. Speaking of the jester, though, seeing him in action in the last episode makes me really regret not making room for one in my roster. I love me a good party-wide support buffer, and that stress heal would have come in handy in a few spots.

Count me as one of the people who gleefully jump on board the Occultist's moderate-risk, big-reward healing ability. It also only took me one mission with an antiquarian to go from "I'm not sure I trust Highwang's high opinion of them" to rolling in the profits. I've also found that the "Protect Me!" skill synergizes beautifully with any riposte setup, which for me is the duelist's advance. I also lucked into some pretty decent accuracy up/melee accuracy up trinkets, which allowed me to compensate for a leper's main fault and turn him into a pretty hefty damage-dealer.

Man, though, that trip into the Weald was rough. It might have been because I played it safe and did a bunch of missions in the Ruins first, but my trips in the Weald went a lot smoother than that, though the mushroom-filled enemy party was still rough. I clearly made the right choice to play it safe and immediately snipe any slime monsters I saw, though I haven't seen the enemy party with nothing but, yet. Most importantly, I'm likely gonna keep going to the Weald for a while if only because the wiki mentions that it's the most likely place to find deeds, and I need so many of those.

All in all, thanks for drawing my attention to this game! I haven't had any horrible tragedies happen yet, but my poor habits of forgetting to assign trinkets, and even forgetting to choose a mission sometimes (had to retreat once because I sent a group of newbies against a boss accidentally) is likely gonna bite me eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddy Rasta
Mar 9, 2008
If I could make a request for an infopost (and a general line of discussion), I'd be very interested in knowing what Highwang and other thread posters feel are good positive quirks to prioritize when locking things down, and bad negative quirks that need to go, vs ones that you don't have to worry about too much. I have a vague idea already, after poking around on the wiki and playing the game a little bit, but the severity of quirks (aside from Kleptomania, which very quickly becomes apparent as a horrible quirk) is one of those things that feels a bit overwhelming at first.

• Locked thread