Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So I picked up this game and start adding mods (just new palettes and custom classes). Question, I am getting a mod error for custom classes. A number of the mods talk about running the .bat filw, so I'll run it. Im concerned one mod is overwriting the other mods though. Any advice on this for those that have done it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Just had my first total party kill. Last battle after a long dungeon. I was willing to let my plague doctor die, but everyone else had only 100 stress. Bastards keep scrubbing my turns with their fear and I finally flee.

Chain heart attacks kill 3 of them in a row. 25k lost.

I got achievements of a different sort.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So my swine king fight I brought two highwaymen with duelist advance and point blank shot. I had riposte and then wilbur marked them. They shredded the little piggy. After that it was hot gunfire, screaming, tears, and ripostes as the battle almost played itself out. Surpisingly little stuns happened.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
You put the leper in the brothel?

They should have charged you triple.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Genocyber posted:

https://a.desu.sh/jnbztz.webm

In which Highwang reveals he is a Sith. The only question is, is Iron Chitlin his apprentice, or his master?

He threw away the anti-venom when he had a blighted man at arms to make room for shields. USE THE ITEMS BEFORE THROWING THEM AWAY ARRRGGGGG

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Highwang posted:

Kinda surprised at how many people bought the game after seeing this LP. Never thought that'd be the case.

With that in mind, if you missed the halloween steam sale for it, DD is on sale at GoG now: https://www.gog.com/game/darkest_dungeon

Red Hook also posted some interesting metrics about their one millionth game sale as well: http://www.darkestdungeon.com/1-million-copies-and-the-road-ahead/

I do gotta say, centralized modding via Steam would be great for the longevity of the game but mods in general for the game don't look hot at all. Its also interesting to see that they are alluding to another game. Hopefully they do something cool like a videogame version of Arkham Horror or something.

There was an overhaul mod that added a ton new classes that looked interesting, but an update broke it.

Two class mods I enjoy are the Offering Mod and the Maiden mod.

The Offering is a former sacrifice that had her heart and face replaced by horror. This turns her into a brick wall that debuffs the front enemy row.

The Maiden is a healer/crowd control that has a pistol for when she has nothing else to do. I will say both classes make the game easier though, so use at your own risk.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Wario would be the bounty hunter.

Yoshi would be the abomination.

Luigi is the caretaker.

A boss fight would be Petey Piranha in the Weald. He swallows a character and regains health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Good L.p. Highwang!

I find it interesting how of the four heroes the vestal is the least prepared to be sacrificed. Does anyone have the unique dialogue for all the characters?

Also Highwang, derail. You mentioned Kingdom Death. Would you be willing to give your thoughts on it and expand on it a bit more? I know the general idea of the game, but I feel like your understanding of the mechanics and the lore of this l.p. would be fitting.

• Locked thread