Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Aaaaaaugh, I just had my biggest disaster yet in the ruins. I saw something I've never seen before, and I will never EVER trust corridor battles again. In real life, I snapped and acquired the Paranoid trait somehow, and now I know that only death awaits us all.

What the gently caress is the Collector? What are you supposed to do against that?! I had a party of level zeroes for chrissakes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

You can run from battles. :)

And good thing, too, otherwise I wouldn't have kept all the incredible loot I'd picked up to that point. Imagine a perfect dungeon crawl ended right at the end with four screeching madmen/women, gibbering and rolling around and playing scratch lotteries all day.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

The Vestal, Crusader and Leper all refuse to be partied with anyone who watches dubs.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Here lies Lucien.

She never scored.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Maybe it's just a lame highdea, but I like how the power differential between healing classes is a subtle reflection of the world of Darkest Dungeon. The plague doctor and the arbalest are the weakest healers- the power of man is weakest, but it has its place. Next, the vestal has healing powers through whatever benevolent god or gods watch over everything. And while that power is benevolent, and always benevolent, it doesn't hold a candle to the weird eldrich power that the occultist wields. Because whatever THAT is, it can heal incredible amounts of damage.... when it wants. And it might just have you pay a price anyway, out of spite.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

DGM_2 posted:

"No, Mr. Highwang, the manacles aren't really necessary. We just enjoy our work more when we get to use them." :twisted:

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"No, Mr. Highwang! I expect you to heal!"

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Yeah, Wang. It's just like my old pal Sonic says: "There is no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism."

That's another way of saying "Chill out!" :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Man, the ancestor was right.

In time, we came to know the tragic extent of his failings.

• Locked thread