Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just blitzed through the two videos. This is some good stuff.

Darkest Dungeon is a fantastic way to gauge people's risk assessment. I've seen 3 different people play this game and each person has a completely different scale from which they value certain skills, party arrangements, and upgrade priorities. It's absolutely fascinating to see how each person goes into their OCD checklists, and how the order and level of detail they go into differ.

Could you sign me up as an adventurer? KirbyKhan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

way to go steve posted:

I agree with this. I just played through this in the past month, and looking around afterwards to see how other people approach it is super interesting. For example, in my opinion vestals are the second worst class in the game (poor jester). Pretty early I developed a preference for max damage and stuns, taking advantage of classes with strong self heal and off heal, making up the difference when needed by just using a little food. The vestal's poor damage, accuracy, and weak stun didn't mesh with my playstyle at all.

Yuuuup, I personally value marking groups far more highly than other people do. So, that was the main thing that puts me in Team Occultist rather than Team Vestal. Seeing a green 22 just makes me feel alive!

My dream team is Arbelest, Occultist, Houndmaster, and Bounty Hunter. I straight up don't heal until there are only 2 enemies left. Houndmaster and BH are on stunlock duty while the Occult and Arbelest are either murdering the backline or chain healing.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Highwang posted:

A bit of a heads up, I will not be accepting people that don't put in the effort to specify at least one class. What good is a soldier that knows not his lot in life?

Alright, please sign me up as one of these classes, whichever pops up and isnt claimed: Occultist or Houndmaster as KirbyKhan

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

RickVoid posted:

Also he's basically maxed out on bad Quirks now, right?

The quirks he does have that dont have the little skull next to them can be replaced with other quirks.

To me, ol dude would have been fired after Kleptomaniac got 'locked' in. I aint paying 10,000g just so you can go to Betty Ford to get Renauld's stealing habit under control.

• Locked thread