Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blankd
Mar 26, 2010
Maybe I'm giving way too much leeway but collecting all those "trophies" from the champion bosses sure aren't things a normal person would keep, but you throw it into the trinket box anyway. Ditto for the other ancestor items which you acquire a nonzero amount of.

I figure the whole situation is that the hamlet itself is part of the operation. It justifies sending all these people to the meatgrinder or slaughtering all the enemies "in on it". It doesn't matter who dies, but it must happen The journey into the darkest dungeon itself seems like some kind of c-section where success means you kill it, failure means it's just a quick step away. After all if violence helps it reach maturity, why wouldn't killing the preceding enemies contribute to it (intent does not contradict the ancestor's own swath of murder/violence). But that's just my casual take on it.

Thanks for the LP Highwang, your optimism is icing on the general quality of your LP content.

EDIT: Sorry I just remembered that you can still enter the darkest dungeon without clearing out the bosses, so I guess that puts a dent in that theory....

blankd fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread