Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Sign me up as a Plague Doctor, (green), Grave Robber (red), or a Hellion (blue).

LogicalFallacy posted:

Look at all these goofy house names. I'll suggest we go with something thematically appropriate and call the manor Amontillado..

For the love of God, LogicalFallacy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Prince Orcus posted:

Syphilis is another disease with a lot of bad effects I always make a priority to remove.

Always funny when a Vestal gets it from spending too much time at the brothel though.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Some people enjoy using a feather, others, they prefer the whole chicken.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The Hellion's probably my favourite design in the game. She just looks effortlessly badass, and she can back it up too.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The King In Yellow was written by Robert Chambers (who himself took stuff like Hastur and Carcosa from Ambrose Bierce - Lovecraft's writing group all borrowed ideas and names from each other and played off each other's stories, hence the overlap) and the titular play itself was mentioned off-handedly by Lovecraft himself in a couple of stories. August Derleth folded the whole thing together when he took to unifying the works of Lovecraft and friends into one shared universe. So while it's not strictly a Lovecraft story, it's required reading, in a way.

Scaramouche posted:

Mentioning sources, I feel I have to mention the game's art direction. The game's character art isn't influenced by early Hellboy era Mike Mignola. It wants to be him, like in a wearing of a skin suit kind of way. To the point where I had to look it up to make sure he wasn't a consultant on it or something.

Seriously, it's Ed Gein levels of 'I want to be you'. His humans tend to be more realistically-proportioned though, while everyone in this is almost super-deformed.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

First glance, I thought he was leading the troops and had accidentally brought them to his homelands, kinda like what happens in God of War.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

DGM_2 posted:

No argument on THIS part, though. I swear, it's like somebody wondered aloud just how much one person could screw up and Red Hook took it as a challenge.

It says a lot when 'banged a cannibalistic hag' isn't even in the top 20 worst things the game has to offer.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Very true, but now is not the time for talk of British politics.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Grapplejack posted:

Man Grave Robbers are great. Is there anything they can't do? :allears:

Pay their bills without resorting to desecrating a tomb or six, apparently.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

A day may come when my name is mentioned in an LP and it is said correctly first time. But it is not this day.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Night10194 posted:

At no point in the entire story will the Ancestor make anything but the worst possible decisions.

You have to TRY to gently caress up as badly as the Ancestor. And the best part is he's so casual about it. "Well, better dump these hybrid pig-boy demons down into the sewers, nothing bad that can come of that." He's less Lovecraft and more Krieger.

Aww, Piggly 12-thru-2833.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Man, I wish the exchange rate for the pound wasn't in the shitter or I'd get that in a heartbeat.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

So what do the virtues and whatnot actually do? Don't think they've been gone over properly yet.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

"So you were there with that team of adventurers?"
"I... was certainly there, yes. No one was more there than I was!"
"Spent all your time in the tavern with the medicinal herbs, huh?"
"Sometimes I visited the brothel..."

-Kaboom Dragoon, My Adventures In This Shithole Town

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I was going to write another chapter in The Book Of gently caress This poo poo (by K. Dragoon), but I was just gifted a copy of the game.

That's good, but not the reason I'm posting. This was my second run after the tutorial, all of about 45 minutes gameplay total. Bet you wish you'd taken me on a few more runs now, huh?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Oh, you better believe I got the gently caress out of dodge when I saw that.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

In this case, everyone got hit for 40 stress, the Hellion picked up Enlightened and the Plague Doctor got Deviant Tastes. Pretty good tradeoff, all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I can picture it now...

"Oh, so you want to be out in the field so much? Fine! Into the Darkest Dungeon with you, whiner!"

"...of course, he threw me out before I could tell him where the antidote was, so, joke's on him."

-K. Dragoon, Dungeons I Have Known And StayedThe gently caress Away From

• Locked thread