Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
If you're still taking name requests, I'd love to be an abomination, totally not because depressing the team is hilarious.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Skippy Granola posted:

I am... oddly proud

On the bright side you're competent, on the bad side you have leprosy :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

The best kind of episode.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Highwang is absolutely right about mods.

I'm not an abomination, THIS is an abomination :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Wang, let this be a reminder that when ever you let the thread decide, suffering is soon to follow :getin:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Ah Kos, or some say Kosm..

Also about that mask, I'd suggest looking for how anime cosplayers make those since they seem really loving popular in anime for some reason.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 9, 2016

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

It also has no nose, so it's relatively open on the inside, and looks to be open on the bottom so there wouldn't really be an air problem.

Actually looking at official art, seems it does have a breathing hole that isn't shown ingame? Unless it's just an oddly placed shadow.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 9, 2016

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Miron's one of the devs isn't he?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Scribbleykins posted:

Not that I know of. I believe that picture was the start of it all (back in the DD Games thread in February 2016). If someone's been bashing him in this or other threads before or after that event, then Miron's so fat his mockery cannot be contained to a single thread or timeline.

Nope. I doubt we'd have bashed a dev of this wonderful game even half as hard as poor Miron, fictional that he is, suffered. The actual devs can be found here. They're pretty cool guys.

Kiers last name is Miron :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Embrace the random, wang, make a yogg deck that's just entirely random spells and minions :v: Or play Bloodbowl, praise Nuffle.

But what the poo poo is this boss even :stonk:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

DGM_2 posted:

I swear, it's like somebody wondered aloud just how much one person could screw up and Red Hook took it as a challenge.

I know they're good devs, but I don't think even they could have calculated that Wang would be lping it :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Tylana posted:

I find it weird how much Highwang goats up his Abomination. Would have thought him more stun-happy and just spamming Manacles.

That's because Abom's G.O.A.T

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Boarding Clutch looks like it should pull the target forward a bit.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Been having a blast with this game since I got it. Mostly bump free, since your LP helps with preparing for the expected. The unexpected, however... week three resulted in two deaths at the hands of the Collector. And just now I got a total party wipe halfway through what was going to be an easy low level dark run with an Antiquarian, but it got interrupted by another collector fight. Just didn't have power to outdamage him since I was going for that "get a certain amount of gold in one run" chievo. Consolation prize? I got the party wipe achievement. (But I didn''t realize wiping out lost all your relics, too. So-long, Dismas head! Back to the collector you go.)

A good thing to remember when first starting out is that retreating to save items is okay :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Giant enemy crab used Artichoke.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Scaramouche posted:

In addition to this, in the Roguelike thread over in Games madjackmcmad (developer of Dungeonmans) is running an altruistic feed the hungry giveaway, where, depending on how his D20 rolls you might win a copy of Darkest Dungeon:
http://dungeonmans.com/hungerclock/

The idea is you contribute $10 to alleviating hunger somehow and provide proof of it at the site above. You can say "I want game (x)" (out of the list at the site) and get a key for it, and you are entered into a pseudo-random draw (pfft like physical dice can even approach true random) that might net you one of the Darkest Dungeon keys on offer. Eh? Eh? $10 for a probably good game and a chance to win Darkest Dungeon? You guys should probably go for it.

The Sproggiewood/CoQ guys are involved too so you can ask for that key if that's what you're into.

EDIT-Link to his first post on the subject in the Roguelikes thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3563643&userid=136903&perpage=40&pagenumber=12#post466293920

The cause is also relevant to this lp, not because darkest dungeon, but because Highwang buys way too much drat food that he doesn't intend to eat.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

DGM_2 posted:

...He said, right before he spent Thanksgiving carrying 3 full turkeys around the house.

3 live turkeys.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Verklemptomaniac posted:

Arterial Punch sounds pretty nasty, but I'd be more worried about getting a clothesline right to the capillaries...

... y'know, a Capil-Lariat.

You deserve to get your arteries choked for a pun that bad.

Ya know, an Arti-Choke

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Believe in the abomination that believes in you.

Except Shitlin, because he does not believe in the abomination :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Cassa posted:

drat mate, there's no shame in running away y'know.

Oh there's a lot of shame, but at least you're alive :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be the reason why there won't be one next friday either :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Robo-Wang just sounds wrong.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Skippy Granola posted:

I feel like I learned less than usual from the last two videos. Is what highwang did good or bad? Because it seemed to work ok despite the sour bitching.

Highwang is bad but incredibly lucky :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Highwang posted:

Chitlin was actually talking to me about this recently. He's never been part of a long-running LP such as this, and he's beginning to feel the effects of burnout at this point. I might have to ask if he wants out or not for his sake.

Thanks for all the input btw. These were just guest episodes, but its a good marker for the future of things.

Rotating guests could help with burnout a lot.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Highwang doesn't lead an adventuring team, he leads a catering firm :v:

(Speaking of which still surprised you haven't streamed space food truck yet, at least not that I know of)

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Maybe if you spent less money on real food :v:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jan 31, 2017

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

The sped up ancestor reminds me of the Worms voices :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

His voice is simply amazing yeah.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I want more highwang trying to speak r'lyehian, he's so bad at it, it's magical :allears:

• Locked thread