Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
You took the Occultist but didn't buy bandages before walking into the Ruins?

You will pull your hair out a lot less if you bring a few more bandages than you usually do when taking the Occultist - yes, more inventory juggling and hard choices, but that's going to happen anyway. Might as well stack the deck a bit in your favor in case the RNG hates you with the Occultist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme

Highwang posted:

This is a thing I'm fully aware of, and the reason why I double-stack healers. Vestal can be the reliable heal, Arbalest increases the RNG of the occultist heal in my favor, and PD can remove the bleed. The bleed at any level is quite frankly a non-issue, especially when the trigger range is 50-80% across the levels vs a character's resistance.

Buying bandages for any bleed that's not in the Cove is a waste. I'd rather buy them for the Weald so I can possibly make money back.

On the other hand, though, you're bringing a 2nd healer, instead of the Jester (manage stress) or the Grave Robber or any other damage dealer. Or you could take the Crusader, another damage dealer, and have them play back-up healer. Or the Arbalest.

Of course, your team made it through healthy and sound of mind, which is the only true test. And the Vestal works well in the Ruins where there's a lot of Undead.

Chalk it up to preferences, though - I tend to hedge my bets with gold (ie, bring bandages, keys, shovels, rations) and make sure I have a team that can do damage. I've been hosed before by having focused too much on defense/healing, and couldn't dish out enough damage to bring the enemy down before they outpaced my healing.

Looking forward to more - very nice to see a different set of preferences to give me new ideas. Thanks!

• Locked thread