Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

uh

Can someone explain why the player is the ancestor, please? The ancestor was digging ancient poo poo for the sake of power, you, the current owner, want to destroy it... Of course, somebody else will have to carry the load again, but at least you could become a friendly ancestor ghost that yells "DO NOT LISTEN TO MY GREAT-GRANDFATHER, HE hosed ALL THE poo poo UP. RECRUIT HELLIONS AND INVEST THIS AND DO THAT AND DO NOT KILL THE PIGLET."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

You are.

It's implied you're the ghost in the opening cinematic, and there's a relic in the Stygian tutorial where you try to warn Dismas or Reynauld. You just instantly give them 100 stress.

Just checked that, but it conflicts with...

hirvox posted:

They're an ancestor, not the ancestor who started it all. The rest are on cleanup duty. And if you gently caress up royally and get everyone killed, the Heart might wake ahead of schedule.

Which is what I took from it at first.

The ghost goes "IAAAAAAA time is an endless cycle!" and uh (again). I mean, if the game was actually making you get artifacts and search for dangerous solutions and put you into a sort of "sure lets bargain with the eldritch abomination why not it will surely work this time with no collateral" situation to beat it, perhaps that twist would be much more significant

To sum up what I am trying to say: if it is an endless cycle, you should be doing the same poo poo that the OG ancestor was doing, not fixing the mess. If you are solving the problem, then you are not him. Does it make sense?

(of course, you are dealing with lovecraftian-inspired stuff and it could bend time/reason/whatever, but that would be a cop out)

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Highwang posted:

If anything, I would harken all the plot issues discussed to a matter of this being a studio's first project. I personally enjoyed the story and the way it ended, but the plot holes do bring up an issue of just things slipping through the cracks due to both a small staff and relying mainly on kickstarter funding. Small mistakes like that just arise in development, and without the manpower or publisher overhead to provide a 2nd view you have weird writing hitchups like this.

Oh yeah, I agree with you. The game is great and the background narrative works pretty well (the consistency of its atmosphere is just stellar imo). They might not deliver the ship 100% to the port with the ending, but overall it is very good. By the way, thanks for the LP!

• Locked thread