Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Sign me up as a support of some sort: Vestal, Plague doctor or Arbalest sounds good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Nice, I got in as a Vestal, looking forward to dying horribly! Also really enjoying this LP so far. I like the amount of explanation you do, and also the chemistry you guys have.

Also, I know that anything starting with sj is weird in English, but the first part of Sjonkel is pronounced the same way as you'd say Shaun. If you want to make it a little easier for you to say it, try it like that!

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Quality post! Enjoying this LP so far, looking forward to every update.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Can you talk a little about how you choose a party? Started playing this after seeing this LP, but having problems picking good parties. Maybe you can also use a minute in each video on how you choose that particular party?

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012

Highwang posted:

New update: Episode 4: Innsmouth this is not

You asked for it, we're going to the Cove! Complete with pain incarnate and one hell of a graverobber!

Not sure what I should detail next: Team composition & Preparation, or detailing The Ruins?

I vote for team composition and preparation, at least for me as a new player I think this would be the most helpful. Loving the updates!

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
I'm playing this also, but I'm a little afraid of trying to kill other bosses. Are many of them bullshit that will wipe you unless you have the perfect party, or can you usually still get through?

I encountered the necromancer without any blight or even a crusader, but I still killed him, but my whole party was very stressed out and one of them got over 100.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
What are some decent parties to use the Occulist as main healer in? My vestals are almost level 3, and I don't want to be stuck without any if I overlevel them.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Sorry for changing sides in that boss battle! It's weird how I somehow feel a connection to the vestal that's named after me. Every video I always hope you'll pike her, even if it really doesn't make much difference at all. Makes it even more fun to follow this LP, so far I'm really enjoying the content, keep it up!

Also, it would be very cool to be a front line vestal, so I hope you'll follow through with those plans eventually...

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Am I the first to be killed in this LP, or am I remembering wrong?

Damnit, I wanted to be there until the end, and instead I just die in the least sexy way possible. Lesson learned for my own playthrough though: Always have someone that can kill those stress dealers in the back rows.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Which achievements did you end up getting?

Sjonkel fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 6, 2017

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Never thought I'd say this since I absolutely love both his XCOM and XCOM2 playthroughs, but I really don't like Jade Stars commentary in the last videos. Instead of actually providing funny or insightful commentary, he and Chitlin just get into this pissing contest on who can complain and insult the most. And half the time the complaining is even baseless, which makes it even more annoying.

I don't mind the kind of jabs that Chitlin usually provides in this LP, or the ones Guava does in the XCOM ones, but here it just takes all the attention of the video, making it really hard to listen to.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Could you have used your MAA to push the anchorman back, rather than pulling the crew forward? Would that have been easier?

Also, I don't really buy the "Highwang is so lucky" thing. You can have a lucky run, but not 40+ weeks of it. It seems whatever he does works out just fine most of the time, so it can't be that bad?

And I've started to play this game also, and one of my favorite parts is the voiceover when starting the boss missions. Hearing a little each time actually feels pretty rewarding, so I skip them when watching this LP. Would rather hear them for the first time when I get there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Couldn't you use your PTSD'd heroes for the champion bosses? That way, it's not a huge loss if one of them dies, and it's not like they're useful for much else?

• Locked thread