Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Is there an achievement for keeping Dismas around? Cause not only is he around, he's one of my star players thanks to good quirks, accessory drops, and skill combinations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

My first run in with the Collector was in my second dungeon run ever. Thankfully, I already knew about the run button and this game does give mercy on you by letting you run from minibosses like him.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Riposting Wilbur will not incur the Swine King's wrath. Accidentally killing Wilbur with a Riposte, however, will. I killed the King on my next turn before anything happened, but wow that could have been bad.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

i made an effort post, but SA ate it. Long story short, of the first round bosses I find Siren incredibly easy and Necromancer arguably the hardest. Thoughts?

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

The idea of The Ancestor standing above the sewer, slowly pouring a bubbling, moaning slurry of viscous demon pig flesh down into the depths is hilarious to me. Like, he knew this failed. He knew this failed super hard. He thought he'd be as good at demon summoning as he was with necromancy, and he very clearly wasn't. So now he has to dump this stuff somewhere, cause its not like burning it works and he can't keep it as a pet because its leaving rotting blood and pus all over the carpets. He can hear the chants of the pig men in the distance, as they worship their incredibly stupid king. So now he is sitting there, watching as it all just oozes and is just grateful The Hag isn't around to see how embarrassing the whole thing is. This was just such a terrible idea, but its okay! Cause that thing with the fishmen is going to be a real winner, he's sure of it.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Space Bat posted:

An interesting thing about the possessed party member is that, regardless of what skills they have equipped, they'll also revert to basic attacks. Like in the video, where the Vestal used her bash attack, generally speaking the possessed will be busting out their very basic moves.

Leading to hilarious instances of the Houndmaster healing himself while under control, even if he didn't have that skill equipped or even learned. I don't know if they just use all their skills randomly, or if they all have a set 2-3 but either way it can help out. I assume it still scales to level though, otherwise the later Siren fights would be even easier.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

If I could make a request, can you do a no-healer run soon? Healers are in somewhat short supply, so getting tips on how to do one would be appreciated.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

He didn't seem to have a very good team for The Shambler either. The babies add Prot and Dodge on their buffs, so it would be an uphill battle for a Leper either way. Yes, you could mark them with the Houndmaster but that could very quickly go downhill if you aren't careful about your action economy. Having the Occultist have a more offensive build may have helped, since Shambles and his babies count as Elditch. That said, I haven't fought this guy myself yet, so who knows.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

So I've looked at the rewards for killing Shambles and without spoiling anything, are they actually worth it? Cause they look kinda meh all things considered.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Tedious as this boss is, it does conjure an amusing mental image of an Occultist, a Leper, a hulked-out Abomination, and a dog all just wailing on a giant cannon. Bits of it slowly get chipped off, and the Leper occasionally punches out the guy who tries to ineffectually stop them.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Also if you sandbag too long, your party members start complaining and giving each other stress. Because a running theme of this game is that you're minions are idiots.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Fair points, but then it leads to the question "Why are healing skills only usable in combat?"

"I know you're bleeding out Mr. Clown, but my bandages only work when monsters are nearby! Maybe if you could hold on just long enough for us to find a nice spider, or maggot. Then I'll get you patched right up!"

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Nebrilos posted:

Perhaps healing skills are powered by the heroes enmity toward their enemies, so they can't use them without a battle -- they wouldn't be angry enough.

That's why I used Arbalest's Bandages as an example. If anything, sufficient anger would just make that one worse because its harder to concentrate in the thick of battle. In all seriousness, I know its a video game trope and its just something done for balance, but if we're applying logic to gameplay then we may as well go all the way. Its just really frustrating when I want to do some recovery, but can only realistically squeeze in an extra two turns of healing. The fact that its the characters themselves saying it gives me an opportunity to scapegoat them. Even more so when Mr. Clown is trying to do Stress recovery in the first place.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Are diseases that detrimental? Maybe I'm getting lucky, but most of them don't seem that bad aside from the ones that impact combat stats.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Just pair the Occultist with an Arbalest. She's like the nurse to his chirurgeon.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I'm no good at these sorts of things. Uhm...

Poor management clarified in a single meal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Good job on the L.P., Highwang. I'm glad someone was able to get through this whole thing. Shame about the ending being poo poo though.

• Locked thread