Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
In case you don't already have enough bodies to feed into the maw of madness, may I be added to the roster? As a Leper, a Hound Master, or a Plague Doctor. If I get an HM, name us Jack & Crunchy, because I like the man & dog naming scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Maybe I didn't expect there to be so many Lepers. Can I switch priority to Houndmaster?

I guess in their heart every goon is a stoic badass going to their death with sword in hand because they have nothing left to lose. Or their skin is sloughing off due to lack of sunlight.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sorry, um, careful, sorry, sorry...

Why are these corridors so cramped, jeez...

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Highwang posted:

Fanart request: Moonwalker Vestal. With MJ's hat because why not?

She upheld her vows and kept her virtue for her King, such was the depth of her faith...

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's just like giving Reynauld or Dismas their own head. You're giving Miron an entire other him to work with. And if something unfortunate happens, you've got a spare Miron right there.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Might make for an interesting Quirk.

Backpacker: +20% stack size for Provisions.
Smuggler: +10% stack size for Heirlooms and treasure.
Disorganized: -10% stack size.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Nalesh posted:

But what the poo poo is this boss even :stonk:

Everybody wants to eat the famous Dark Place sausages, but nobody wants to see how they are made.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

TomViolence posted:

Have they hinted at the Jester's background at all? I can see it being some kind of Faustian bargain, possibly at some crossroads, to give him supernatural musical talent.

I'm betting it's something along the lines of the Jester being the one person with sense in a court of decadent idiots and the only one left alive when they got themselves killed.

King: Let's do the thing!
Court: Good idea! Do the thing!
Jester: That's a really stupid idea. Don't do the thing.
King: Oh, Jester, you are so funny.
King: (does the thing, dies)
Kingdom: (dies to the thing)
Jester: ... Well, poo poo.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
IIRC in the Arkham Horror board game by Fantasy Flight (lol ameritrash) the Mi-Go were wimpy trash monsters that dropped useful stuff when you stomped them, so they were the monsters you wanted to pop out of portals.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

dscruffy1 posted:

They're fairly weak loot piņatas, assuming you're not low on sanity and will check. You get a unique item when they die and they leave the game instead of going back to the monster pile.

They're a bit more threatening in other games like Mansions of Madness, where pretty much every monster can wreck your day.

They leave the game? Huh.

AH is one of those games we break out maybe once every other year when we have an entire evening and feel like reminding ourselves why we don't play this game that often.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Blame Monopoly for being the board game that defines all American preconceptions of board games? It has a laundry list of everything that's wrong with Amerigames. Dice rolling for randomness; cards with rules text printed on them; a one-player-at-a-time action cycle that usually leaves players unengaged while it's not their turn; victory by elimination with no defined game length.

Figure out how to make Monopoly not poo poo by the standards of modern board game design, without messing up its core premise or inherent approachability (and potential for branding) and Hasbro will hand you their wallet.

Veering back on topic, what would a Darkest Dungeon board game look like. I'm seeing cooperative dungeon crawling where players have secret agendas in the form of negative quirks.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

DGM_2 posted:

This idea intrigues me. I think you'd have to eliminate the hamlet/campaign aspect and focus on a single dungeon run for brevity's sake, but otherwise it could be fun.

Agreed, the meat of a game would be a single run through the dungeon. But once you have a good core game, there might be room for "legacy" style campaigns.

My group just finished Pandemic Legacy Season 1, and we had a blast. Similarly with Risk Legacy, though we made some mistakes that kind of marred that experience.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Where do I find that picture that was at the very end of the video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
"The great family of Man..."
"Ruin has come to our family."

Thanks for playing this, Highwang. Great LP.

• Locked thread