Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring as an Offensive Jester. I have a soft spot for this class, I've had a couple of dancing bad-asses in the past which have tanked more enemies than most of my front liner's combined. This is your LP and I'd be fine taking the role as a Jester that fits your needs, but if you're up for something a little different to the mix I'd prefer a Jester with Dirk Stab and Finale.. Even if I'm used on high risk missions where survival isn't a good option, I'd rather go out fighting than strumming a guitar at the back. I don't know how to accurately sum up the kind of Jester I'm talking about, the only way I can describe it is with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LbExEydMKg

Edit: Feel free to shorten my name down in any way that suits you. Colour isn't an issue for me.

Edit Edit: After watching the first video you mentioned two other classes. If Offensive Jester isn't an option then I'd like either an Offensive Occultist or an Offensive Vestal.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Highwang posted:

If you get in, I can't guarantee a build for you since the latter two classes need some rather rare trinkets. Offensive Jester though is no big thing despite being a class I struggle with to say the least.

That's fair enough, I thought it might have been a long shot and thank you for the reply. I'll revise my choices, I'll keep the Jester as my first choice but if a Hellion or Highway(Wo)man space pops up I'd be happy to fill them.

I'm really enjoying the LP by the way, I watched the first three videos back to back and I'm looking forward to what's to come. I've invested fifty hours into the game and I'm only about 75% of the way through.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 6, 2016

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

My lofty position wasn't always accompanied by the fear of office, and there was a time I could walk the streets or raise a glass in the tavern without concern for molestation. Faithful as the tide, one precocious village waif made it her hobby to shadow my every errand. It was charming then, troublesome later... *coughs* Now you must select the shade of colour you desire the most, then drag the brightly covered stick to the mouth of the one who calls herself Barbie.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Eddy Rasta posted:

If I could make a request for an infopost (and a general line of discussion), I'd be very interested in knowing what Highwang and other thread posters feel are good positive quirks to prioritize when locking things down, and bad negative quirks that need to go, vs ones that you don't have to worry about too much. I have a vague idea already, after poking around on the wiki and playing the game a little bit, but the severity of quirks (aside from Kleptomania, which very quickly becomes apparent as a horrible quirk) is one of those things that feels a bit overwhelming at first.

The quirks are a very mixed bag, some of them you can work around like people who have phobia's\benefits with specific places or specific types of monsters. Even the negative quirks with some of the stress release options aren't a major issue unless the NPC dude (forgot his official name) decides he's shacking up there for the night, but in the later game it's not such a problem as you unlock more slots for stress relief in the hamlet. Personally, I've never removed a positive quirk, the negative ones have much higher odds of happening and it's better to focus on removing things that nerf them.

I can't speak for others but for myself, when it came to negative quirks there were some that I specifically tried to remove more than others which usually were the ones that made characters automatically search and/or keep the items for themselves and the quirks which added stress to themselves and others during battle. Even though the negative quirks can be managed somewhat there are whole other levels of detriment in which I won't spoil for this LP.. A lot of games start out easy and give you more of a challenge as you progress, this game throws you into the deep end and tries to push your head further and further into the water.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

*The first leper is besmirched with his contribution to the events before being witnessed, with Skippy Granola as the named offender*
*kills with the first attack*
*misses with the second strike*
*takes a couple of hits for the team while powering up then one shot's another enemy'*
*kills another with his first strike in the next battle*
*takes another for the team before one-shotting another enemy*
*one-shots a spider*
*tanks two more enemies, making it easier for the party to finish them off*

Leppy Granola deserves a medal!

• Locked thread