Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nutella
Jun 27, 2005

"And the meek shall inherit the earth"
Evil Agita and the girl in the wheelchair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vincent posted:

Didn't this smiley originate here?

yes it did, as the emoji for "awesome". then people started using it so much that they changed the emoji code to "iamafag" and replaced "awesome" with a dorky dude getting a boner. 4chan then adopted the unloved baby and now it's a big thing

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Does anybody have the audio of Fragmaster making fun of Esco? I used to randomly put that that poo poo on CD's I'd burn, just to fill space.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Aluminum Skies, the Malatora anthology written by goons.

Do not dare tell me what to do, hyyooooman. I choose not to taste your flesh, but my appetites are fickle and my wrath is terrible.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3427893&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

e: oh my god I forgot how hosed up the part about the eleven year old in a box is

flick my Mr. Bean has a new favorite as of 22:24 on Jul 30, 2016

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

aside from this one i forgot there's 100 videos i never got around to watching til now and its amazing, also i cant remember how to spell his username but he is back as of one month ago and posted a video of him getting lost hiking, i didn't finish watching it all

also im sad remembering that one goon who killed himself but first called the local police and said 'come get this dead body before a kid sees it or something'

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I'm pretty sure I read John Dies at the End through (or because of) this site, and I want to say that a goon wrote the original short story.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
Best I can recall that hasn't been mentioned yet I think it was Abe or Manlove back in 2010 or earlier, that posted a mod challenge against some guy who either got his dick stuck in a flask or was measuring semen out put, but the deal was the mod said he'd eat his hat if the guy completed his challenge. The Fruithat embarrassment was golden.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Best I can recall that hasn't been mentioned yet I think it was Abe or Manlove back in 2010 or earlier, that posted a mod challenge against some guy who either got his dick stuck in a flask or was measuring semen out put, but the deal was the mod said he'd eat his hat if the guy completed his challenge. The Fruithat embarrassment was golden.

Abe later went on o threaten to rape a 12 year old on twitter after being clowned by said 12 year old.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Should've gone with a tortilla sombrero with the nacho cheese in a tortilla bowl in the center.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
That great thread in 08 or so when that guy was convinced Andy Kaufman was alive and well and disguised as Steve Rocco. He seemed pretty convinced this bonkers theory was true, no idea what happened to him afterwards.

e: here it is http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2466702

Also that thread where some guy had rat poo poo all over his keyboard, then he jizzed all over the keyboard and ate it and posted photos

Convex has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Jul 30, 2016

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

Should've gone with a tortilla sombrero with the nacho cheese in a tortilla bowl in the center.

This was proposed but they claimed it needed to be a legitimate hat, Mexican food was not as widely accepted then as it is today.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
bungmonkeys house

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bill NYSE posted:

I'm pretty sure I read John Dies at the End through (or because of) this site, and I want to say that a goon wrote the original short story.

I thought that was from cracked.com

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Volume posted:

I thought that was from cracked.com

I think it started at Pointless Waste of Time, which was then bought or merged with Cracked.com. And I think the original author was David Wong. John Cheese might have also helped write it.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

cronuts
anime

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Von Sloneker posted:

at the very least, read Underflow's long posts, they're insane stories about some insaner eastern european ambulance drivers making the rounds while amply fried on benzos. the stories start on pg 26

'da joose' ambulance expedition is loving legendary and I hope it's made into a foreign-language black comedy film one day, with an Elton John cameo of course.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

yes it did, as the emoji for "awesome". then people started using it so much that they changed the emoji code to "iamafag" and replaced "awesome" with a dorky dude getting a boner. 4chan then adopted the unloved baby and now it's a big thing

lol @ you for calling classic SA emoticons "emojis".

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
THEY'RE CALLED SMILIES

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i once saw an ad advertising free smiley downloads except they now had bodies and arms and legs and took up half the screen which kind of misses the point imho

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Scudworth posted:

THEY'RE CALLED SMILIES

This is correct.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

HappyKitty posted:

Brian-san, aka Kage Bunshin, and the entire Bri-fi oeuvre.

Behold, the only useful thing I've ever done for the forums:

The Bri-Fi Archive

Oh, yeah, and it's probably safe to assume that all of that is NWS in some form or fashion.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Scudworth posted:

THEY'RE CALLED SMILIES

well my face is red

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Linux Pirate posted:

lol @ you for calling classic SA emoticons "emojis".
loving hell, smartphones have corrupted my mind and my soul

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Y-Hat posted:

loving hell, smartphones have corrupted my mind and my soul

I still call them smileys because my girlfriends tumblrite sister gets furious because of it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Len posted:

I still call them smileys because my girlfriends tumblrite sister gets furious because of it

lol why

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

jynx. i put a thousend tigers apund ur head

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Because she's 22 and acts like a 16 year old. She used to flip poo poo if someone called a frappucino a frap but then a barista looked at her like she was retarded and told her that's fine and people do it all the time.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Len posted:

Because she's 22 and acts like a 16 year old. She used to flip poo poo if someone called a frappucino a frap but then a barista looked at her like she was retarded and told her that's fine and people do it all the time.

I would love to hear more stories about this person and their exploits, please tell more.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Scudworth posted:

I would love to hear more stories about this person and their exploits, please tell more.

She has a PayPal link on her Tumblr so people can give her money? I dunno she doesn't have many others beyond being a worthless sack of poo poo. Only person I know who had to cancel her 21st drinking plans because she didn't have a photo id since $8 was more than she had.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Len posted:

She has a PayPal link on her Tumblr so people can give her money? I dunno she doesn't have many others beyond being a worthless sack of poo poo. Only person I know who had to cancel her 21st drinking plans because she didn't have a photo id since $8 was more than she had.

What's her pronouns, sexuality, favorite fandoms, and A3O [archive of our own] account name? And laffo you just get dudes to buy you drinks like cmon scrub.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I liked this one:

But this one was also good:

I never really played this one though (I was more of a nintendo kid):

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I'm still personal acquaintances with Urine Therapy, the goon who long ago got high on horse tranquilizer and posted about getting head from his girlfriend (who was hot as gently caress by the way). This spurned a months long saga of every first post of every thread on here being, "but did you get head?"

Dude is doing well.

I can't believe nobody has brought up the goon who posted recently in E/N about hiking across the US for mental health awareness with probably the worst planning ever and a silly cart full of supplies. He gave up on day 3 because his cart broke and he had to ditch it and most of his supplies. He didn't even make it out of the park he started in. Like 20 miles total or something. His Kickstarter called wanting it's money back because he spent it all on the cart.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The Lost Otakus

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Blind Rasputin posted:

I can't believe nobody has brought up the goon who posted recently in E/N about hiking across the US for mental health awareness with probably the worst planning ever and a silly cart full of supplies.

Yeah that was one of the more legit excellent reads of recent years. We all gained a fantastic awareness of his mental health at least.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Can't forget about this which is still accurate 10 years later

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I still get a kick from Patrick Duffy gif edits

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Jeb Lund

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Blue Moonlight posted:

Behold, the only useful thing I've ever done for the forums:

The Bri-Fi Archive

Oh, yeah, and it's probably safe to assume that all of that is NWS in some form or fashion.

I just wanted to say, after all these years, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooses
Jul 30, 2016

chocolate mooses

LoG posted:

Going nowhere fast

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1275196

Pictures don't work but everything was transcribed

drat. I just forked over my ten USD yesterday, and that saga was worth every penny. Thanks for linking it!