Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Lord of Pie posted:

The guy who spent his girlfriend's disability check on cases of Bawls and used fuckdolls

I have never noticed the moisture around the doll crotch before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

It was pretty recent but Spider getting modded and then writing all kinds of weird whiny messages to Lowtax in probation reasons was one of the funniest meltdowns I've ever seen.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I don't remember it happening like that at all, Dan was a scumbag through and through and we all knew it pretty early on, the whole reason he reg'd was to defend himself wasn't it?

He tried to "roll with the punches" and some goons thought he was okay in that weird GBS hivemind way but he was always a known shithead, someone back me up here. I don't think I had even registered at that point but I followed most of the weirder threads like that.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

was that retarded 'cool' preacher that knocked up a member of his youth group or whatever and the baby came out retarded?

Yes, so I'm 99% sure nobody thought he was anything but a jackass from square 1.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

lf lost its reason for existing when the 2008 election ended

bring back helldump tho

Helldump was amazing when it was good but it devolved into a lovely circlejerk almost immediately. Part of me wishes it came back but I really don't see how it could work anymore. Maybe if only mods were allowed to make threads or something? But either way it's pretty clearly not the direction the site seems to want to take.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Looks like some kind of small pastry?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Holy poo poo Terensque is still posting.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

oh. I only hope some day Minimalist Program answers for their crimes :saddowns:

Hahahaha

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

The story of the artist behind the hitlerpot is kinda interesting. It's OT, but here's an article.

This was fascinating. It's like how some goons latch on to the idea that everything awful is couched in so many layers of irony that it must secretly be genius.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Gloryhold It! posted:

Yeah, Francostein was a dweeb that occasionally did good things.

He was totally a dweeb but really, he was a decent enough mod when it came down to it, and it sucks that people were harassing him and doxxing his family.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, that's a...weird belief to hold. Why on earth wouldn't a company be able to talk about why they fired you?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

The list is really funny.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

I mean we both agree that the number of people crying about not being allowed to post in a subforum they either actively poo poo in or pretend to not care about is really funny so I dunno why we're arguing tbh

Most of my effortposting is trying to defend the fact that some of the people being the most vocal about it also happen to be people who are known shitposters

Just for context, this poster has complained in the past week about being too bitchmade to honk at children playing in the street to the point where he had to stop behind them.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Grandmother of Five posted:

Adding "stops for children in traffic" to my SA.txt of embarrassing facts about posters

it's good to not run over kids, but his reason for not honking was that he's too afraid of confrontation lmfao

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

You act like this is some secret shame I'm hiding instead of something I made a thread about, but whatever makes you feel better chief

lol also literally nobody in the thread made a single post making fun of my story and you've already made 2 in a separate thread so I'm handing over the mantle of "caremad poster" over to you, my friend. Wear it well

lmao

What is it with certain posters and being completely unable to separate the concepts of mockery and anger in their mind?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

the thing i mostly remember about red shirt was being busy for about 3 days and coming back to the mod forum to find out a new mod had been made, gone crazy and then demodded all in that time period

The similar story of el spider's short modship was better because he wrote a bunch of Dear Richard letters to Lowtax via probation messages.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"You are entirely dependent on advertising" he screams at the owner of the most well-known paid membership site on the Internet.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Heath posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone buy a 2000 regdate? Or any regdate (except maybe one of those ones floating around that has Dec. 31, 1969)

The best part is that he holds up his zero probations/bans as a good thing (particularly since I think account transferring is against the rules itself).

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Telsa Cola posted:

I too believe there is a conspiracy among the admins on these dead gay forums.

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

No, actually if ZDR and the other admins who powercucked Lowtax off his own website want to post manifestos about Gibbis they should do it themselves and not use BBG as a sock puppet.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Who What Now posted:

I am 100% sure the Red Cross tests all blood donations so all they're actually doing is wasting the RC's time and resources throwing their bags of useless hormone blood straight into the biohazard bin.

Their hearts are in the right place, though, I suppose.

Haha why would you assume this? Tests are expensive and it's not like one test can cover every blood contaminant, it took like a decade to stop giving people HIV from blood transfusions. I don't think enough people are stupid enough to inject lifetime doses of bovine growth hormone every week for that to be a really high priority to check on.

Meaning, of course, that these steroid assholes could very well have killed some folks!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Because they also take a vial for testing every time I've donated blood?

well gosh maybe you should read what I posted

they don't test for every goddamn thing that can possibly be wrong with a vial of blood you moron

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

e: nvm, mixed up the braindead av-less meatheads

Rockman Reserve has a new favorite as of 19:58 on Aug 18, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

ITT multiple goons argue adamantly that it is cool and good that they need to take steroids to not be scrawny lil pissbitches, and it is the rest of us who are naive and wrong.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"You see, officer, I have the testosterone of a much younger man, so really it's only natural that I'm lurking around the campus library."

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Dog-doxxing is now my shorthand for that kind of behavior, because it is easily the funniest doxxing-related thing that has ever happened.

Close, but I'm pretty sure doxxing ZDR or FAU or whoever as Kirk "The Goatman" Johnson still tops it.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

What exactly is everyone's issue with Kinkade? He mass produces warm and fuzzy wall art for grandmas, I don't think he's ever claimed to be some unique and special artist

my dude he claimed to be so unique and special that he mixed his own hair in his paint so it would have his DNA in his signature, also he was a total asshat and his paintings were not good

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah it's been a while, but in Once Upon a Forest they need to go on a journey for some rare flower to save a kid in a coma.....who will wake up to find out that he (or was it she?) has been an orphan for weeks. Hooray.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeesh, give the guy a break.

Counterpoint: Mask has multiple month long probations for being a creepy weirdo and bad poster, and I'm pretty sure a few bans in there as well, and he totally loving sucks and shouldn't be given a break because he's suddenly posting badly under another name.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

El_Elegante posted:

haha wow thanks for this light hearted romp of a journey, without so much as a spoiler tag or a heads up you awful piece of poo poo

This is a hell of an overreaction for something that starts its reveal with "if you're feeling a sense of dread". Maybe you're just bad at context?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

El_Elegante posted:

“If you’re feeling a sense of dread” could precede a reveal of

-“my roommate made fecal lasagna”
-“my roommate stored a lot of urine in bottles”
-“this room featured a lot of amputated doll heads”

In most of those cases few people would find the subsequent reveal to be all that upsetting. I hope you are not so broke brained that you cannot fathom the difference between the above examples and OPs sudden veering into Croatian horror.

If one sentence of an unverified fourth-hand story - no matter how atrocious - makes you this upset, I think you have serious coping issues it's not fair to ask other people to tiptoe around.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

ah, yes, Outside, that bastion of emailing strangers

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

That Amethyst meltdown is really something else, I wonder how far up your own rear end you need to be to use "shall" that many times per page in 2019. What a psycho.

e: oh my god now he's onto "shan't"

Rockman Reserve has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Jan 9, 2019

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

LOL seriously how are so many people this staggeringly dumb?

lemme introduce you to Paladinus

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

TTerrible posted:

Holy poo poo those put Nessas posts in the /r/relationships thread into context :popeye:

Nooooooo kidding.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Is Amethyst going to self immolate like the time Brave was probe'd for a month thanks to Spiderverse?

I am very convinced that the mod feedback thread in QCS was reopened recently as a honeypot for exactly this

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

Reading through that thread is wild. For everyone pointing out what a poo poo Botl was, theres Amethyst and his friends screeching about how this is killing the forums.

I never directly interacted with Botl but his posting was eye rolling at the best of times and watching his cheerleaders meltdown is pretty amazing.

Page 25 or so where someone actually quotes some of Amethyst's posts is incredible. Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

R.L. Stine posted:

Now Hellbastard on the other hand was simply a chef's kiss of a poster.

:wrong: although I'm thinking with that av you're probably his alt

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

That is a powerfully bad post.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

That guy has seven pages of probes, he's probably some kind of idiot.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

If this is real it's great (click the quote for context before clicking the thread link):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

ArfJason posted:

the cnf guy

As someone who shared a lot of CNF's beliefs a lifetime and a half ago I can all but assure you that he is sincere.