Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Instant Sunrise posted:

That editorial note at the bottom makes me laugh every time.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Solice Kirsk posted:

I just started a thread in QQ asking for him to be put back on if anyone wants to head in there and give their support.

I've never posted in QQ before, but figured this was worth it. Dude was cool and it was a nice way to honor him.

It was definitely a recent change, he was there the last time I glanced at the forums directory. I didn't realize he was gone til I saw your post here.

I posted in the mod forum asking about it. I'd like to see him reinstated too.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I want to say it was related to accusations around how Lowtax featured his child in Gaming Garbage but I could be confusing Ralp with another long-time Lowtax-adjacent person who made the choice to criticize how their “boss” chose to raise his children.

That wasn't Ralp. The Ralp story is just that Lowtax came back one day and de-adminned him. The moderation team was pretty blindsided. Ralp remained as a mod for a while until his patience gave out and he said something smart and got banned.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I know the forums at large didn't care for Ralp, but from the moderation's point of view he spent a lot of time and energy trying to keep the forums running smoothly and us well supported. He wasn't perfect but I still disagree with how he was treated.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

sabbathi posted:

I'm a creep
I love goon wives
Why the hell am I posting heeeeere

Yes, the Caganer conversation from literally like three days ago is still fresh in all of our minds. Please let's move on for the moment.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

What is happening here right now

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Well I suppose there are worse alternatives :downs:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Len posted:

Didn't work the proper way to cook a steak into that D+

Honestly I thought his post was pretty well done.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

El Padrino posted:

Who was the mod that made it so anytime oldpainless posts someone replies with "more like old_"?

that was me sorry :downs:

oldpainless posted:

In ten years hopefully we will all be dead and the earth reclaimed by nature

Weatherman posted:

oldpainless more liek oldlifeless amirite

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Weatherman I'll pay you three internet dollars to follow oldpainless around for a day and post 'oldpainless more like old____less' every time he says something

It's been... more than a day.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm in for coffee cake :buddy:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I don't think this thread is the right place for attempted call-outs, Drunk Nerds. Typically it sources its drama from elsewhere on the forums.

May I interest you in getting in on this coffee cake deal? I'm worried if it's just me and Solice it won't go down.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

radvenous

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Every few years I go onto Netflix, while drunk, in search of a random low-budget-y looking horror movie I haven't seen yet. Every few years I end up watching Ravenous and, about halfway through, thinking to myself, "poo poo, have I seen this before...?"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

NOT A RAW

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Eox posted:

Hey friends, I feel this discussion would be better had in the Mod Feedback thread in QCS. If you want to talk about specific unrepentant shitlers as an example then that's fine here, but whichever side of this slapfight you fall on you're gonna get better results in the actual thread for forums meta discussion.

I agree with this. Let's get back on-topic, please, we've gone pretty far astray.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Have some Mermaid Shelly :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

TheDarkFlame posted:

The beauty of this website is it's so hosed up, after a while you'll believe pretty much anything someone tells you.

honestly the only reason I began to question was three other goons didn't immediately emerge from the woodwork to confirm/deny the tale with links to hand

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I think you might have meant this for the other thread :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Perhaps they mean "sweet" in the way websites mean when they describe literally any small parrot as "quiet"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pham Nuwen posted:

Maybe they mean "compared to a larger parrot"

Oh, that's exactly what they mean, but it's pretty misleading for people who aren't familiar with the sliding scale of parrot shrieking :lol:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

GWBBQ posted:

SA's Greatest Sagas: various combinations of anime, junk food, math and gay sex

drat, I liked the Asperger's joke but this is much too on the nose to ignore

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

1) mods can't rename people unless they ask an admin real nice.
2) oldkangarookieless

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

He also tried to give away his fiancée’s cat, that she paid for and was adopted in her name

To be fair to him, he stated it was merely if his fiancée did not want to keep the cat herself, whereupon she arrived in-thread and quite firmly asserted that no, she was keeping her cat.

It seems as though he's working through things, now, and has gotten a lot of support over the last couple days. So that's good. :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

El_Elegante posted:

haha wow thanks for this light hearted romp of a journey, without so much as a spoiler tag or a heads up you awful piece of poo poo

GWBBQ's post seemed a fairly matter-of-fact sounding and relevant anecdote. I'm sorry that it provoked that reaction, though. If you need an ear (er... pair of eyes?) my PMs are always open.

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 04:48 on Jun 19, 2019

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'd like to request that we not continue to tease El_Elegante about their request, if that's okay. As I said, the request is slightly over-alert to stimuli, but I think it would be nice not to needle them about it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

GWBBQ posted:

I PMed them in response, then threw in a TW/CW and spoiler tagged the reveal because it only takes slightly more than zero effort to have some compassion for victims of abuse.

You're a good person. Thank you. :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I like your giraffe thread, pog.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:yeah:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I cannot. I need an admin to do it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hogge Wild is still deeply distressed by the probation that I gave Say Nothing a year and a half ago. In all the threads I follow in PYF, Say Nothing had, to that point, not posted/had had reported anything troubling that I'd seen. Being unhappy with the sixer then led to Hogge Wild following me through various threads calling me a pedophile, as well.

I know, mods knew, etc, but his implosion over a poor judgment call, which in the amount of context I'd had at the time seemed a reasonable place to start, hasn't really ended since. Say Nothing's probations began rapidly increasing in length once the mods realized there was indeed a pattern.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Paladinus posted:

It's funny, because Hogge got probated and banned for calling out Say Nothing, who later got banned for those very things. Don't take it personally.

And he (Say Nothing) did get banned. But Hogge Wild consistently reports people for posting innocuous things (I am not calling Say Nothing's posts innocuous) as pedophiles, and one poorly thought out image in the cosplay thread did not, at the time, indicate a pattern. Stalking him and me through threads calling us pedophiles on unrelated posts was definitely a pattern at the time that Smythe probated him. The ban was due to a dramatic uptick in unhinged reports as soon as he was put on probation.

Here is an example of his reports:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=491209765&simple=1#post491209765

e: The ban to which Smythe is referring in the probation reason was due to calling someone a pedophile, again, in a thread where I explicitly said that anyone who continued to call other people pedophiles for liking things they didn't like would be banned for it. The link is to the thread for which he accused Captain Invictus of pedophilia.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3568801

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 22:19 on Jan 15, 2019

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

And, in case this is not completely clear, wanton accusations of pedophilia are an awful thing to do, and is a bannable offense forums-wide. It's not funny and it shouldn't be used in personal grudges or against "posting enemies." There are plenty of people that post here that have been victims, either directly or tangentially, of what is the most horrible crime possible to commit. It can be triggering and traumatizing to see it so casually flung around for little to no reason. Pedophilia destroys a person's life, constant reminders of it can be incredibly mentally deteriorating, and I do not want anyone to be forced to relive or be reminded of it at a moment's notice.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hogge Wild posted:

lol yeah

and literally a bird called that doxxing

I'm not sure to what you are referring, but it has already been established you and I haven't recently seen eye-to-eye.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That is the ugliest room I have ever seen.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Krankenstyle posted:

"Whoa."
—me, realizing there are adults named after characters from The Matrix

Yeah that's dire. I'd take being named Bella over being named Trinity no question.

e: Trinity or Khaleesi is a toss-up :whitewater:

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Jun 5, 2019

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Sid Vicious posted:

I just like to say retard I'm sorry everyone whose respect I lost have a nice night

The way the word is treated in GBS is up to the GBS mods, but be advised that it'll get you a probation in PYF. Just a heads up. :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Sid Vicious posted:

It is my word! I won't say it outside of that comment though don't worry I respect ya too much

:h:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

quote:

Yes, this is how I have maintained my weight for 9 years up and down of course as life goes on

quote:

The idea of "weight maintenance" never enters into it because my weight hasn't ever changed.

:confused:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

bulletsponge13 posted:

It wasn't really a saga, but the Small Pastries thing in the PYF weird food thread was classic.

Short version- someone posted a picture of a dish that had shrimp on it, and someone asked if why there were little pastries on it.

yes

The_White_Crane posted:

Baguette out of here.

someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The_White_Crane posted:

And I got a silly avatar out of it.