Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bloom posted:

Can't we all just talk about how cool Hannibal was for a few pages?

It wasn't as good as Ravenous but we saw more people with their shirts off. It had more different sweaters, also, but more time to be be-sweatered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Horny
Alluring
Naked
Neighborly
Insatiable
Butt (nice!)
Arousing
Lusty

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you heard Bert, he likes hannibal.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Miss posted:

While there used to be a hardcoded maximum of 4 neopets per account, Grundos are only available through the space adoption centre instead of through the regular pound.

When grundos were first released, there was a bug in the adoption centre that let you get one even if you already had 4 pets, that's why some people had 5 pets before they added extra slots (I think the limit is like 7 or something now)

This was even before the station, and I remember because it was a big deal because Donna refused to say that they weren't helping hrobi even though her Aisha had stats that weren't possible in the game at the time (iirc one of the modifiers had no items that could adjust it yet but it was still conspicuously elevated). In reality it probably just dated back to when they assumed it would never matter.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

littleorv posted:

A festivus for the rest of us.

Close this thread until qcs reopens.

Or people can just post about neopets, I'm sort of tapped out on stories about it since I was just an elementary schooler and played it pretty straight.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
haha who remembers the part of Hannibal with the mechanical bear suit. goddamn garbage tier show. thank god.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bloom posted:

He had to try that so many times

Not as many as you'd think! He'd been a professional juggler. The shot where he splits an egg in two only required a single take.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

woozy pawsies posted:

this is worse than twitter

my twitter is all infighting about who was loving in lord of the Rings. admittedly that's the only topic of interest to me, or that i follow

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SunAndSpring posted:

come on, we can dream bigger than that.

I want mads to gently caress me senseless

you and bryan fuller

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gimli and Legolas for totes. But who else?

I mean it's mostly people who pair them (correct, and canon) and some old 2004-era holdouts who just want aragorn and Legolas to have sex because they're more traditionally attractive. these people get dunked on for being SHALLOW. this has been happening for 15 years

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean why not let hannibal and will gently caress it out? Really. Who else was watching this show? I wasn't watching because the writing was bad, but I wouldn't have cared if they were doing it. So it really feels this was an obvious move.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
shuddering at the thought of me having an alt with EVEN MORE posts than this one :gonk:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ruffini posted:

Wait a second..

Who is Spanish Manlove, REALLY?

If anything is going to have the St Elsewhere ending irl, it's somethingawful

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bloom posted:

A really hosed up Pick alt who doesn't appreciate the greatest homoerotic cooking show ever made

inside you there are two accounts... one which appreciates homoerotic fiction, and one that has zero posts

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

scary ghost dog posted:

If you seriously think this thread would naturally devolve into a fevered discussion of neopets of all things without prodding from FYAD rabble-rousers, you need to seriously examine your critical thinking capabilities.

They loving asked about a goon neopets thing! And some people here played that game! I played it for YEARS! I had real memories of it!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

communist kangaroo posted:

is pick still posting hannibal gifs or did i miss the end of that

I'm upset that people asked for Neopets expertise and then shat all over it, despite me having a good memory and being really familiar with that game during a critical point in its relevant timeframe and then acting like it's trolling to provide content about topics being discussed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

I honestly have no idea what flask fucker even is. And I've been here for-loving-ever.

edit:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume it involves the loving of a flask

It was a mod challenge and that's whaaat happened.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Homeless Friend posted:

How about Colorfinger, that guys gotta have some stories about him right? I know the guy but know none of his SA accolades beside his dumbass singing.

I have a bunch of his songs on one of my various harddrives, I clipped a bunch of songs from his later shows. He did my favorite version of Piano Man even though he decries it.

If I recall, he sang it in 2011, and I was abroad, and I was sitting in a walk-in shower I plugged up in an effort to get a pseudo-bath going somewhere in eastern Europe and I was weeping uncontrollably at it because for some reason.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you don't deserve hannibal gifs. supernatural gifs, maybe.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

communist kangaroo posted:

i for one found your neopets posts to be on-topic and felt they served as a delightful intermission to the posts surrounding them

SOME MORE NEOPETS STUFF:

I don't know if they ever found a way to combat "refreshers" -- programs that would load a bunch of tabs and constantly refresh them, which was a way to get certain items which you'd randomly "stumble upon" like Codestones.

Guilds went away because they were usually used to organize cheating, such as using gamewinning clicker programs to break the hide-and-seek game (for trivial amounts of money per account) or to corner the market on quest-relevant goods.

Popular artist... uh, shoomlah? I think? Was briefly an artist for Neopets and told stories about the insane wheeling and dealing trying to keep the scientologists from having too much influence.

The original Bruce pet was not a dumpy penguin. he was:

And was converted when the site updated its art.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sestze posted:

i thank you for contributing to a derail that was seized upon to once again bury statements that criticize FYAD. Truly spectacular.

these are the people that relentlessly made fun of you for your personal story threads, all of your personal baggage you left out in the open they mocked you for, and you're gladly playing along with them as if you're best pals forever.

very smart.

It's not stupid to be willing to be honest about yourself even if you get ridiculed for it, and gently caress you for acting like I'm stupid for acknowledging that I'm a silly, weird person.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I was invited to SA by someone I know irl who still posts here!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

professor metis posted:

I wish I could contribute to neopets chat but despite spending a huge amount of my childhood on it all my memories of that time are a blur. I think I was too dumb of a kid to ever be able to join in on any of the big story events, or amass any amount of neopoints.

It actually becomes (became?) really boring once you get enough neopoints because everything is either readily purchaseable or so impossibly expensive that no amount of work would allow you to catch up.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sestze posted:

I think it is unwise to provide a vehicle for and allying with people who have shown you zero respect in the past.

I'm not allying with anyone else, you're the ones who are claiming that, I've never been on anyone's side expect myself which is why I'm disliked as a poster.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ruffini posted:

Thinking about that money tree and how it hosed me over.

The money tree was pointless, any amount over 1NP was nabbed instantly.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SunAndSpring posted:

smugly hitting ctrl-a, I delve into the deepest lore of neopets, forbidden to those too feeble to learn the powers of a keyboard

It was mostly used to figure out where the tiny invisible Hidden Tower button was.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Anarchist Mae posted:

Yeah, nah, you're a total shitbag.

You're the one who was sending me like 20 harassing PMs in an hour or something you goofball.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I've cut my teeth on LoTR imaginary gay sex drama bigger than this. nostalgic tho.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Anarchist Mae posted:

You're the one who sided with the bigots in QCS you shitbird.

No I didn't, I just said that the admin and mod team needed time to work on stuff since they have jobs and it was midday on a freaking tuesday. Nothing about this situation, or the forums at all, is so urgent that someone's real life should come second. Thanks for admitting you did it though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Black August posted:

yeah this has always been my style too, respect for holding to that

There are no friends on the internet....

... except my friends :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiler Kiwi posted:

god im having some horrible flashbacks to a post, i have no idea if it was SA or somewhere else, of someone vividly describing getting head in a near empty theater showing lotr and looking up at the exact wrong moment to behold elijah wood making faces at the camera and groaning sensually during one of the many times he got stabbed with something

i cant watch that film without that coming to mind and now with this magical posting spell i will transfer this curse to all the readers of this

hahahahahahahahahaha

I once went to a bat mitzvah and all she wanted was stacks of erotic LoTR doujinshi. I got some real good stuff straight from from japan. :japan: