Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"It won't fix the problem in one fell swoop so we'd best not do anything at all"

it wouldn't even come close to doing anything and itd be taking down a funny forum in the process for no good reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
im all for having that dumb lowtax post in every page of this thread, because it's completely insane and a very good argument as to why this whole thing has gotten way out of hand.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Slanderer posted:

Why are people swarming this thread to empty quote wild screeds? Is this being talked about somewhere?

They legitimately believe said screeds. its a saga unto itself. this thread has gotten very meta.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Sestze posted:

are those tossed upon the funeral pyre forgotten, did the utter destruction and removal of nazi symbolism in Germany lead to that country making the same mistakes again?

Equivocating nazis with posters of the pink forum. Hmmm, this ain't it, chief. Haha.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Sestze posted:

you can keep trying to drown people out by shitposting about neopets and hannibal for several pages, but it won't work.

They were trying to post on-topic op

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Sestze posted:

Ruffini, you've been callously dismissing all of the things I've said for pages regarding the issues present with FYAD.

that being said holy poo poo, FYAD is really having a mass closure of threads

the iks have figured out its unsalvageable at this point. too many of the funny posters are gone.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Queen Combat posted:

Yeah, sure helping a lot with

When it's...kinda what is going on. Such a help.

that Dumb Lowtax post is absolutely not what is going on. Arfjason and Cuntellectual are two different people and neither of them, as far as anyone knows, is an alt. There's no "don't share your alts dude" conspiracy.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

sweet geek swag posted:

Cuntellectual has 23000 posts. That is way, way, too many for some secret FYAD alt. The probations in FYAD were for failing to win the IK contest. Specifically, the IK contest that declared itself open to GBS refugees, because GBS had just been closed and sent to the GBS graveyard. Every poster in that thread who posted a number got probated. Simply put, they weren't probated for being an alt account breaking kayfabe.

I found this all out in 10 minutes. I don't know why Dumb Lowtax did it, but their analysis missed some incredibly obvious stuff.

I can't tell if dumb lowtax is trolling or genuine or what, a lot of very weird clearly wrong poo poo and theres a surprising amount of people signing off on it unconditionally

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is pretty much how all gachas in endgame. The good ones give you clearer long-term goals to work towards.

Also, the only thing worse than FYAD posters is wannabe FYAD posters who stan them.

The thing is when you allow open bigotry in a discussion space, you very quickly drive out everyone who isn't interested in open bigotry.

They got banned and/or probated for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Sestze posted:

obviously it didn't change much, you're still here.

I'm not a bigot