Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Jbarwick and "Frankie"
MartinRandom and his roommate that made fecal lasanga in the bathtub. Thats also where :scax: came from.
MartinRandom having blood the government wants.
Microwave's great ms paint threads. And his mom.
Oddjob and Pele
Euro and Esco
The Naked King of Shoreditch

I really could go on, there's been so many great things here over the years. I miss the old regulars. I miss forkbangers photoshop threads. I miss dominic and therapy and pipebomb and stuntcock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The latter was the tale of Frankie the strap-on by poster Jbarwick.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Circa 2005 or so Operation Clambake was widely discussed in GBS and we started making pro-Xenu posters for fun. Eventually the founder of OC joined SA and while he didn't seem to fully understand who or what we were, enjoyed the enthusiasm and the awareness. I ended up being Goony as hell and having a sit down meeting with my university's student association to try and get authorization to put these posters up around campus. All but 1 person voted no, I think the one that voted yes was a goon too. I ended up just posting them in my dorm for fun.

Charles Bukowski has a new favorite as of 17:04 on Aug 18, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
There was also a typed novel a goon found in a library about people on a rocket ship going to jupiter or something. I think it was written like a scifi intrigue political thriller. It was hilariously bad and weird iirc.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Not only did he post his nuts in a dozen threads, but he did it over the period of a year. It was magnificent.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

lol i got the shirt too. reminds me of the create poor t-shirt designs thread. 420 smoke lobster everyday. i actually bought the nigga i poo poo trains shirt, and spent the night in jail wearing it. god bless.

I too own the 420 lobster and Nigga I poo poo trains t-shirts. I never ever wear the 2nd one because holy poo poo what was I thinking. I won't throw it away though.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Worse than the guy living on a concrete floor with two water jugs, a sleeping bag and a photo of Haito Saori or something gently caress I dunno. Not as sad though.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The tooth extraction was done by hollismason I believe. Some hosed up stuff, poor guy.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Did he suck it out of his rear end with a shop vac or am I thinking about a story someone from work told me?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Comination of perma-probation and death threats. She's still alive and well though.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The first guy I remember to cause a big thing and get driven off the forums after the paywall went up was Euro/Euronymous. He was an Australian metalhead famous for hitting his girlfriend with a shower head and his insane rant that Fragmaster recorded.

Next was Esco, a dumb teenager famous for extolling the virtues of his favourite teacher that 'was the grandson of the guy that invented coca cola.' He would pop into random threads to spout inanities until he too was driven off. There is also an excellent recording of one of his posts read by Frags somewhere. Sadly ive lost these recordings over the years.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Thanks proc old friend.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I thought Pilot was the professional goon fucker. She's since moved onto celebs, much better choice imo.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BexGu posted:

The SA-Tan Saga

Basically there was a Awful link of the Day (ALOD) that was about this Japannese dude fetish of muscled dudes punching women in the stomach and making them puke. Lowtax posted it, goons found and mocked it, and every one had a good time.

This lead do the dude creating a female personfication of SA and punching her in the stomach in retaliation. Lowtax then went to the forums asking for the best artist to create a new comic to fight back and it just spiraled out from there. Each sub-section got their own SA-Tan(the FYAD ones got really out there), the retaliation comic was really good and creepy and every one had a fun time. Sadly all the images are lost in time now.

I still have some of these on an HD somewhere, I'll try and post some of them if you want.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BexGu posted:

Hell yeah post them. That was a werid/crazy ride.

Here's a few I found in my archives. My organizational skills in 2007 are not what they are now, so I'll have to dig a bit to find the rest. I know I have fyad's insane bare breasted bee cock hat wearing fyad-tan somewhere. I have a lot of macros and weird goon poo poo from 2007+. Anything before that was lost in a crash sadly, including a TON of original videos created here.

Not work safe I guess.
http://imgur.com/gallery/3ST8w

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Not accurate, Front Page Tan isn't a moldering corpse

Its accurate for the time it was created. One of the gas chamber tans was a zombie, we could repurpose that.

I always enjoyed Zerstorer and Spiny Norman's writing, the amateur private detective and the Stephenson stories respectively. I even bought Spiny Norman's book, Mr. Chill. Not bad.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Bloke posted:

There's an mp3 out there of Fragmaster reading that Nintendo meltdown and it's great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLwM3nyY5g

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I loved that thread. Dudes taking some RC then waking up in an ambulance strapped to a gurney. They'd get released, find their wrecked car, then go home to do more RC and wind up right back in a goddamn ambulance.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Nthing swing set bees being an amazing early thread for me as well. I think my favourite post from the bachelor thread was the guy that hooked an electric kegerator up in his bathroom closet so he could run a line into his shower for cold beer on tap. Genius.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
He should stop posting imo.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It can be again. We could talk about Twiin's homeless thread, gooncon and punker99, various old fyad celebs, etc. Former admins and their disappearences, though frankly i don't have a clue where most of then went unless they got driven out like Mayor Wilkens or Icequeen.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I fondly remember gentle giant ZerglingMinor. He was 7 foot something, 300-400 lbs and worked as a desk clerk at a hotel. Some guy called in and was rather rude and demanding. ZM stood his ground and calmly stated hotel policy. Customer decided to pick a fight over the phone and said he was going to come in and kick ZM's rear end. Guy ended up walking in, saw exactly what he was dealing with, and was unfailingly polite to ZM. GBS ate it up, especially because ZM seemed like a really chill dude. Sadly he died a few years later I believe.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh no :(

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

AFAIK he didn't even eat that fruit hat, he decided he would eat like one piece of fruit a day, and not even get into cores and peels.

Nah, he ate some of it at an anime convention and then I think either gave the rest away or threw it out.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I actually liked Snatter. I thought it was cute.

GBS doesn't deserve snatter clause and wigggle he.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Toxx's used to mean something around here. If a man had to gently caress a flask of raw meat then by god he drat well hosed it good.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I don't even have to imagine this because it's just called Oglaf

Oglaf is funny.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
How come Satellite High got out of the rap game? I really liked his music. Look at the mess you made is a great album.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Anime with smoking and guns and swords are the best. Sometimes magic powers if its not dumb as gently caress, like alchemy is cool but most everything else isn't.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Heath posted:

lol aren't most of these guys the same people that laughed at the woke LP crew falling on their swords for their brethren?

Who ended up getting perma'd or leaving the forums over this? I only heard about it vaguely.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Some of us don't have the time or patience anymore for some of the older or more tedious games that we always wanted to sit down and play. Cool Ghost's FF8 LP is a good example of this. He's finding things in that game I had no idea about, and making it quite entertaining. Sometimes as well its just enjoying funny people talking about vidja games or just being goofs. I miss those old Satan's Accountants videos like Desert Bus, their 6 hour pokemon blue LP where they raised a Charizard before they left Pallet town and just acted out some silly fanfiction, etc.

e: Shadow Catboy's Planescape: Torment thread is sublime. He filled it with a ton of original writing to make it something even better. I wish I could get that published or something, its amazing.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I had 'No you shut the gently caress up dad!' as my ringtone for an entire afternoon once.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think I still have a couple of the microbe/foxcrobe pics in my archives somewhere.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Where does that saga begin?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is it a doxx? Minifoo just posted a photo OP has on his public website.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I still log into awful yearbook from time to time to see if anyone's posted anything in the last year. Mostly I just post "I miss you" to the goons I've befriended over the years and have since died. Rip wren. Rip nrr.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

He was a cool dude that posted in SAS quite a bit. Died of a seizure I believe :/

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Wait I didn't know Wren died ?

Yes, like Lunchmeat Larry said it was pretty sad. I think her blog is still up if you want to read a few posts about her time in hospital and a few drawings she did. She was my first real goon friend from way back and towards the end I lost track of her. Spanish Manlove (I think) was kind enough to track down her cancer thread for me and also give her a nice memorial avatar (after he jokingly gave her a permadead one). He's a nice guy that Spanish Manlove, I hope I thanked him enough for the closure.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

Holy poo poo, I had no idea. Wren-P? I really liked her.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=110292

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I apologize for assuming it was you that did it, and I really do appreciate the nice avatar you gave her instead. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
There goes one of the best writers we had. :(