Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I never had a problems with psychos in DR2 and I always fought them solo, knife gloves are just to drat strong.

Also every time you left the safe room the cafe had coffee creamers which for some bizarre reason restored a ton of health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GenoCanSing posted:

Google is not being helpful, and I know the answer is 99% no...

...but did they add AI opponents for Terror Is Reality in the triple pack? TiR is wicked fun and its so loving dumb that you can't play it offline. But I'll drop the money for it right now over that one addition.

No but it has a community for the moment.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Judge Tesla posted:

Gathering the Bombs under the mall is still an awful experience, its made even more fun by being swarmed by thousands of zombies and Carlito driving into you and throwing grenades a lot.

Untouchables are a god send down there, you can also kill the truck technically.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm more annoyed at the change in VA, it doesn't help that Frank's new VA just doesn't seem that good.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Why are these clowns acting like this is anything new? This is literally what DR1 did except it didn't try to beat you over the head with it.

quote:

Those are the sorts of questions we're asking. 90 percent of the consumers who play this game, they don't think as much as we do about these things, but for the 10 percent that do want that depth, we've got it."

Yea focus on the tiny minority that has an existential crisis over loving Dead Rising.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 30, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Don't look to deeply into the ramblings of someone who quotes Steve Jobs while making GBS threads on consumerism.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Malcolm Excellent posted:

uhhhhhh... I didn't see this posted, but this is pretty damning to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejeIT0MBSac

I'm a little confused as to why a seemingly fresh dev is working on DR4, I can only assume Capcom has little faith in the franchise anymore.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wanderer posted:

A) He's not a "fresh dev." He's been a producer since 1998.

B) "Producer" in the video game industry means "office manager." You coordinate teams, keep things moving, form a line of useful communication between workers and management, and make sure everyone's on the same page. He's someone you'd want to have talking about the game to the press, because he'd know everything about it due to being in a central position, but he's not primarily responsible for creative decisions. He was probably in the room when they were made and he'd probably have something to say about how realistic a given idea actually is, but he's not the director, writer, or lead programmer.

I mean more in the sense that he doesn't seem to have experience with the genre than DR4 is, for the most part it seems the games he worked on had no narrative to them.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Guessing this is the closest thing we have to a Dead Rising 4 thread?

My review is embargoed for another 10 hours, but I can say without breaking anything that I am very loving interested in seeing the general reaction people will have to this game.

That doesn't sound encouraging.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There's a number of people playing it on twitch already, gamefaqs also has threads with impressions/spoilers.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GenericMartini posted:

It seems weird to try with the fourth game to get more people into it. Playing not to your base seems like a bad idea, especially if the game is bad.

I think the console exclusivity hurt it more than anything else.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GenericMartini posted:

That's really weird since the first DR was a console exclusive and did decently well.

Did it? How come Capcom washed off their hands off it and gave it to Blue Castle games then? Granted they did a good job but its still odd Capcom would just out source a popular franchise, especially a new one.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
HOLD UP

Are you guys saying that the ending IS DLC?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea I liked Nick because of that, he seemed like how a real person would react to all that crazy poo poo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If anyone has windows 10, the ability to gift 20 dollars amazon credit and a strong sense of curiosity, PM me, I have a DR4 code for you.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Got 2 hours in, I can agree 100% with all the reviews posted here, I'm not hating it at all but it doesn't feel like Dead Rising, like that huge shift that Resident Evil did when RE4 came out, that's how different and jarring it feels.

Frank's new VA is growing me and the games had some genuinely funny moments, agreed with Citizen that it doesn't feel as soulless as 3 did.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GenericMartini posted:

Wait how is Brad in DR4. What?

ed: nevermind I forgot the first sequence is just dreams

Different Brad.

quote:

Are you me?

Depends on your answer to this next question.

Did you build the electric go kart and go on a murder spree?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I drove and shot until I ran out of battery. Then with great delight I discovered the kart and mobility scooter had respawned, so I made a new one and went the other direction.

Then you are me. :stare:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Game keeps crashing on PC for me.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Does 4 address 3 at all? Like do they retcon it out or what?

Yes it addresses 3.

quote:

Well there's a new area to explore, a few new boss fights, new combo cards and the story plays out somewhat differently. There's also a sandbox mode where there is no timer and you can complete challenges. Photography also returns.

Its also much harder than vanilla DR2, survivors have a lot less health, they cannot free themselves then grabbed and all enemies have wider agroo ranges and are SUPER aggressive now, the looters in particular are a pain in the rear end as they will attack you regardless of the distance between you and them, its also harder to make some of the more game breaking stuff like the defiler.

I vastly prefer the original DR2 but I also wound rage quitting DR1 because I couldn't deal with the garbage A.I anymore.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
At least Dead Rising 4 does reflections better than Mafia 3. :mmmhmm:

• Locked thread