Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dead Rising 3 ran at single digit framerates without a single zombie on screen and was unplayable on my PC that could run Witcher 3 on high, so I'm glad that DR4 will be on the PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Agoat posted:

A FAT CUP OF PISS

Was it a bug that those guys kept respawning or something? I just assumed it was a really big prison break. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Agoat posted:

I think it was intended. They'd spawn every new day except if you were on the last case. They're one of the reasons I love the original so much, if you don't know what to do that entire area is super hard.

Honestly the whole game was hard until you started learning the tricks to it.

Yeah, it was great. I did basically everything but 7 day survival and I think rescue all 50 survivors in one go. Dead Rising had the best demo too, it was just 2 hours in the starting area, so a good quarter of the game for free. When the whole game came out I knew exactly where to go for the more hidden stuff like the smg and katana.

It also starts with "Zombies huh? I had a feeling you'd show up." which is quite the cold open.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

blackguy32 posted:

Its not a remake. I don't even think its a remaster. Its the same game in 1080P.

Also, I am not looking forward to doing zombie genocider again.

I miss having the free time to be able to drive in a circle for three or four or whatever hours.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

By the way does the game come with all the dlc costumes? The one outfit basically made you look like the Terminator, another was a leisure suit. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Crappy Jack posted:

It does, yup. All the blue lockers in the safe room are fully stocked.

Awesome. A little short on cash at the moment or I'd have it bought now.

How's it look on PS4?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Drunken Baker posted:

It's been a while, which ones are they?

The ones that look like they're dead then grab you when you walk by.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

:byodood: MEAAAAAAAAT

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Combo weapons are kind of neat but I hate how it made regular weapons or everyday items mostly worthless in comparison in 2. For me half the fun is beating zombies with whatever happens to be on hand, like a potted plant, or soda, or a tv. In 2 that's way less effective and you want to just make the drill weapon or lightsaber or whatever. Las Vegas was less interesting than Shopping Mall or Small Town (Release Case Zero drat it) to me as a result.

3 was literally unplayable and ran at single digit framerates without a zombie on my pc that can run Doom on Ultra so no comment there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Watching OatmealRaisin replay it on twitch I had forgotten how hard the game actually is when you're not level 50.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Wait he replayed it? I might check it out, I loved his old LP of it but those were also the days where recording in 480p was about the best you could hope for and it's hard to go back to that now. I'd definitely watch him replay it.

He played for a couple hours, the recording's at twitch.tv/oatmealraisin

You can probably guess what most of the deaths were. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rirse posted:

Yeah I remember seeing the old thread at SA showing the screenshots and just being overwelm at how much this game can be. It was one of the big pushing points to get a 360 (along with playing Oblivion at my sister's house) and the game exceeded what I expecting so I was very happy.

I've been replaying Oblivion for the first time in years with an overhaul installed and I'm remembering exactly how loving terrible it was to fight goblins. Oblivion and Dead Rising were amazing on the 360 back in the day.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I bought the triple pack on Steam, but Off the Record crashes when I bring up the map screen. Has anyone else seen that? It looks like most of the issues are just crashing on start-up, which I'm not getting.

e: I really wish DR3 would run at higher than single digits on my pc. I mean if Witcher works, it should.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 29, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He almost looks younger than in Case West. I like his spy camera though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Crappy Jack posted:

I've covered love blooming on the battlefield, you know.

EROTICA: 1000 pp

e: I forgot about the ten hours of downtime between the last case and Overtime mode.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 12, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gobblecoque posted:

I don't think it's that people hate the idea of Saint's Row with zombies but that it sucks that it seemingly means killing off the unique and cool gameplay of the first two games. Personally I really don't get why people just have an instinctual revulsion to the idea of time limits. You were always able to just dick around and kill zombies and explore while ignoring time because the only stuff that matters carries over to a new game anyway. And the time limit of 3 might as well have not existed. I'm pretty sure I reached max level and explored almost everything and just spent most of the time dicking around and still had days left over by the end. It kinda reminds me of how a lot of people get freaked out by the time limit in Fallout 1 when it's basically impossible to realistically reach it.

You know, I like the idea of combo weapons, but I hate how they make anything that's not them worthless. Half the fun of DR1 was using everyday household items in a pinch, like a tv, or a lipstick display model. In DR2 and OTR though anything like that does barely anything at all most of the time.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 30, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Onmi posted:

I'm sorry I just can't get over that They've cut out Overtime, made it DLC, and the DLC is just DR1's Overtime mode! Look at the description for it, it's just DR1 Overtime but you have to pay for it!

:wtc:

Screw that then.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Onmi posted:

So ending spoilers, because seriously what the ACTUAL gently caress Vancouver.

Frank and Posse run to the Helecopter, Frank leaps and grabs onto it, the Zombies, which are now of course the Super Fast zombies loving UNITE LADDER to dog pile Frank who lets go and gets eaten. Then the side characters literally poo poo on Frank in the ending calling him a glory hound who made poo poo up and did it for the fame. This is, as far as spoilers have made clear, the only ending. The DLC Frank Rising, is this. And I'm not spoiling it because they've released its descriptions, but tell me if this doesn't sound Familiar.

lmao

So with 4 is the idea that you're in the whole Willamette town this time? Do you go to the mall at all?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If there are no psychopaths, no survivors, and no time limit, what is there? Just sandbox mode basically?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just watched the giant bomb quick look, I think I'm going to wait for a sale for this one. I got a chuckle out of them using the old zombie sounds from DR1 though. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think my favorite part of Dead Rising is how it insists on using the buttest of rock.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Shame about the song Lifeseeker did for off the record, because wowza that was bad.

You take that back, the Ballad of Frank West is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I feel pretty good about skipping DR4 to be honest. At least 4 lead to re-releases of DR1, 2 and OTR!

How do things end for Frank in the dlc then?

• Locked thread