Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Dead rising re-releases are dropping in just under an hour and a half on Ps4. I'm ready to drop another 50+ hours into dr2:otr. Game is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

The ps4 version of dr2:otr is not entirely stable which kind of sucks. I've had some weird framerate glitches and one full crash so far up through story mission4 or so. It's not so bad that I'd recommend against getting it, but it's certainly a bit annoying for a game they didn't even bother remastering in any major way

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

And to be fair I had no issues at all before the 4.0 system update so it could be an issue with the update and not the game

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Dead rising Wii was infested with zombie poodles that dodged bullets. gently caress that game

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Rirse posted:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Mini-Chainsaw is no more broken then combo weapons. When I was playing it again, the only bosses that gave me problems were Cletus, Adam, and oddly Isabella. The first two is before you get the mini-chainsaw and you need to use what you can fight. The later I just kept getting juggled by her and couldn't get a hit on her. And since there is poo poo for health items in North Plaza and I don't think you can go into the supermarket once the fights starts or get the case failed...I just get wrecked.

Even with combo weapons 2 is still pretty tough. I always remembered Antoine being a huge pain in the rear end to fight. And same with the biker fight for the same reason Isabella was a pain. Granted that one is easier to get him stuck on the geometry...he also has more health then Isabella.

Antoine is pretty easy if you have anyone with guns. It also happens that the gun crazy couple (the one that's split up in the central area) pop up right before the fight. There's also another survivor inside that same food court. Just give a few of them guns and waypoint them on top of the counter.

Agreed chuck can be a huge rear end in a top hat without sniper/lmg if he doesn't feel like getting stuck on the railing geometry that day.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Finished the first OTR run. Got 50 survivors and an S ending. Only missing the soldier boots ($2 mil), psycho hair (theater), and the protoman armor (all bronze) from the special set costumes. Not sure I have it in me to do all the back and forth driving to unlock all the challenges so I may just give up on full protoman.

Overall the PS4 port was good and I really only had the one crash.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Only an hour in (obviously) but so far liking it better than DR3. It's not dead rising but at least it doesn't feel as soulless as dr3 at this point

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

condolences on your AIDS

I mean, I was just on the gangplank of a big fake pirate ship wearing a silly outfit and firing a T shirt cannon into a crowd of zombies below me. It doesn't feel nearly as awesome as DR2 but it's not as poo poo as DR3 either so far

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

It feels like this series has followed the saints row progression. 1 was great at the time but is too flawed to go back to. 2 was pretty much the perfect balance, but still a bit awkward. 3 expanded on the existing formula in like every way but lost the charm. 4 is almost an entirely different thing but some of the charm is back.

I'll probably beat it which is more than I can say for 3. But I doubt I'll do several playthroughs like 2

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I like DR1 but the Ai pathing issues and respawning psychos are just enough to keep me from playing all the way through it again when dr2 otr already exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

DR2 doesn't feel even the slightest bit dated and is still the best game in the series, especially OTR. if you aren't burned out on it or interested In seeing where else it goes that's always the best one to play

• Locked thread