Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
They finally take away the timer for good only for it to also strip out all the things that would've made it interesting to mess around in the first place. Didn't DR2 retain most if not all of that level of interactivity? Seems kinda weird that the same team behind the worthwhile sequel just kept dropping the ball from that point forward.

But I guess that's what happens when your brand new sequel is spearheaded by people who had never touched the series before. New Frank actor did a decent job, but I still maintain that it's a completely different character in practically every way, seeing as "4rank" is written like if whoever wrote it only had a cliff's notes of basic story beats and all the Rob Riggle segments from Dead Rising: Watchtower to go off of.

I still sort of enjoyed it for a good few days all considered, but more because I was just grinding for completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Frank is back, in zombie form! Much like this thread!

The $10 DLC ending for DR4, Frank Rising, is available now at your nearest digital marketplace. With features such as:
- Frank as a zombie
- That "timer" thing people keep talking about

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

Is the dlc fun? I enjoyed my time with the base game. Is it more of the same, or did they make other changes than the timer?

Seems to be a rather short and focused jaunt through a bit of the mall, old town, and west ridge where you're using zombie abilities (that you can upgrade via little mini-challenges) instead of weapons/vehicles within the span of an hour and 30 minutes. Not sure if it's necessarily fun, I just watched the same channel as the video above play through the entire thing in one sitting.

And yeah, the DLC's mere existence does spoil a thing that did happen in the ending of the base game but I wouldn't say it gives away everything.

• Locked thread