Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I don't think it's that people hate the idea of Saint's Row with zombies but that it sucks that it seemingly means killing off the unique and cool gameplay of the first two games. Personally I really don't get why people just have an instinctual revulsion to the idea of time limits. You were always able to just dick around and kill zombies and explore while ignoring time because the only stuff that matters carries over to a new game anyway. And the time limit of 3 might as well have not existed. I'm pretty sure I reached max level and explored almost everything and just spent most of the time dicking around and still had days left over by the end. It kinda reminds me of how a lot of people get freaked out by the time limit in Fallout 1 when it's basically impossible to realistically reach it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Yeah it's worthwhile if you get it cheap and just wanna dick around and slaughter tons of zombies. It lacks a lot of what makes the series unique and the protagonist is an annoying limpdick but it's still fun to tape a minivan and moped together to create a monster tank straight outta Mad Max and then just go to town.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
From what I'm hearing DR4 sounds like the sort of boring wet fart that isn't even worth pirating.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
It's things like that that really make it obvious the developers don't get what people have liked about the series. If people wanted grizzled badass then they wouldn't want Frank. Give us the dorky awkward photojournalist.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Songbearer posted:

Has anyone played through Dead Rising 2 on the PC recently enough to know if it's aged particularly well, or if the co-op is still functional? I'm tempted to play it again but don't want to waste my time if it doesn't really hold up technically.

I don't know about co-op but I played DR2 PC again a few months ago and it's still plenty of fun and doesn't feel really dated or anything.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Wanderer posted:

1, 2) Yeah, I agree, although there are a couple of mechanical steps backward from DR3. I like the new inventory system even if it is effectively a buff, but I miss the ability to throw melee weapons, because I'm the dude who spends DR2 bouncing cash registers off of people.

Wait you can't throw weapons in the new game? Haha what the gently caress are they doing.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I didn't watch all of that but man that's hella lame you can't pick up all the stuff lying around the world. The fact that you can pick up pretty much anything that's not nailed down and somehow use it as a weapon was also one of the really cool things about the series.

I just don't get what the were going for with DR4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Onmi posted:

Getting some money out of the IP.

I guess. It does seem like the kind of quick and dirty poo poo game relying solely on brand recognition that a company pushes out the door when they're in a bad financial spot.

• Locked thread