Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Easily one of the best co-op experiences ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
They aren't wrong... :bahgawd:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
DR2 Case Zero is only available on 360 as far as I can find. Apparently it was one of the free Games With Gold games a few years back too...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Restarting and overriding your save while maintaining some sort of meta progress was the main thing to DR1's longevity I thought. Why did people want more slots?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Spotify suggested it to me as a song I might like as if I don't constantly listen to it on repeat.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I imagine they'll operate like multiple save files rather than save spots. So you can't revert to an earlier position, you just get multiple files that progress forward and automatically save like the original did.

But here's hoping they aren't like that and they act like standard computer game saves have for three decades.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

Cletus was a real fucker of a fight, I imagine many first timers got blown out the gunstore the first time you stumbled onto him.

This in general. First time playing through it was years after release via a rental and completely blind. I wandered into so many psycho fights completely unknowingly and got straight hosed. With it no longer being topical and having no friends playing it to consult I had no idea you were supposed to restart multiple times as it was designed that way.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Is the text legible?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Since this is on the PC for the first time I can't WAIT to see reactions to

"Okay, I FINALLY killed those assholes in the Jeep so the courtyard is now safe forever."

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I don't remember genocide taking that long. I rented the game and got it pretty quickly, maybe 30 or 45 minutes.

Or maybe 19 year old me didn't value his time as highly and it actually did take hours.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I swear I just leveled up quite a bit, started a new game, beelined for the parking garage, and then I just drove around for a while and it popped. It was nowhere NEAR four hours though. That said I'm looking at my achievements and I don't even have the one for killing 10K and I know for a fact I got both of those and the one for killing 10 psychopaths but that also shows as locked. However I did NOT get the marathon achievement and yet it shows as unlocked. Weird as gently caress.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

I actually got into this series with the loving resi 4 Wii version but I don't remember enough to tell you anything interesting

Wait, what? There was a Wii release of some sort?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
To be fair Evan's actually funny for only one reason: The brother to the murderous clown you killed wants revenge. And is also a murderous clown.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Double secret infection.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Does 2 / OtR co-op work on PC anymore? GFWL and all...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Time to reinstall!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I, on the other hand, love both Chuck and that joke.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Talkc posted:

So after reading up in this thread etc.. im guessing the best bang for my fun buck is getting Dead Rising 2: Off the Record?

I dont know how coop works in these but im looking to pickup a couple of copies.

Is sandbox mode coop? Is campaign coop? Do we both play frank? How required is a controller for this?

I don't know if it works with sandbox though I'm sure it does. The campaign supports full co-op though. Host is Frank, client is Chuck. Makes the Chuck fight slightly awkward. Never played non-controller so you might look up Steam reviews (or reviews from sites/publications when it releases) and see if they mention quality m&kb support.

You both have to stay in the same loaded area but that shouldn't be an issue if you're playing with a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Jesus loving Christ that video was depressing.

• Locked thread