Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The one thing that's making DR1 easier on PC is that mouse aiming firearms works like a dream. You ready it with Q though by default, which is weird. I switched that with the camera (right click).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Judge Tesla posted:

Well the main draw of the game was the massive, for the time, amount of zombies on screen at once in an environment that was pretty detailed for 2006, Dead Rising 1 was also responsible for many an Xbox 360 self destructing due to the 7 day survivor mode because the dreaded RRoD was rampant then.

Yes, nostalgia is an interesting thing. I remember in my teenage years when I first played DR1 that it was the most massive, detailed thing ever, but this was coming from the PS2 days. But now we're coming from the other direction technologically I'm playing DR1 thinking "This feels more barren than I remember". Not that it is barren, really, but my brain remembered more.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm really not feeling the new voice actor for Frank. What made Frank such a good character for me was his VA's delivery of his lines. It made him sound like a naive goofy doofus, which was awesome.

• Locked thread