Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Here's hoping 4 nails the feel of 1 and off the record. For reasons I can't quite explain (well I could, but I'd sound like a massive dickhead) if it's not Frank West it just doesn't feel like Dead Rising to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Yeah Nick was really unfun. Like when you dressed Frank up in a dress he'd do a weird giggle or something fun, but Nick would sigh and moan. It's not a big thing, but it just really stuck out.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Yeah, Dead Rising 1 is kind of weird in how there's a lot of goofy elements to the game but the main story is played completely straight. The sequels tend to be a little more self-aware and silly which can be fun too, but in doing so they lack the charm of the original game I find. They're still great games though.

Which is exactly the same reason why Saints Row 2 is the best. YOU make it goofy by dressing up like a Servbot and shooting your dying friend then chasing their killer down on a tiny bike.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Wanderer posted:

I'm really tempted to get a cheap used copy of DR3 for the Xbone so I can pick up Super Ultra Dead Rising 3' Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX + α. I already own the base game on Steam, though.

So long as you're aware it's a bunch of small time attack mini-games. I should have read into it more, I guess, but I bought it because of the colours and goofy outfits and was left sorely disappointed.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Vargs posted:

I bought an Xbox 360 to play Dead Rising 1. I then bought an HDTV to play Dead Rising 1. It was an expensive game.

Hahaha same here. Totally worth it though.

Man, I forgot all about the cultists in 1. There was just so much going on in that game.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
It felt like a rouge-like almost to me, but before I even knew what that genre was. It was great, I loved it.

Also Microsoft are assholes. I got home the other night and on the main Xbone page it had an advert, "Dead Rising megapack!" 1, 2 and Off The record. I click the drat link and it just pops up, "Coming later this month" You god damned assholes. I was ready to dive in right there and then.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They're not doing a physical release for the megapack, are they?

No idea, sorry. Also seems like it's an "all or nothing" bundle. I'd probably skip 2 given the choice.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

GenericMartini posted:

The time limit being gone, really just turns me away from DR4. Hopefully survivors come back at least otherwise I'm just not interested.

Yeah, it wasn't just the timer that made DR. It was a mixture of both of these things. It really made the game world feel a bit more "alive" (despite the obviousness of it being a game) y'know, these other survivors are out there doing there own thing and some of them go mad, etc.

Saints Row with zombies doesn't sound that hot to be honest. poo poo, even Saints Row 3 WITH zombies wasn't that good.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

CharlestonJew posted:

Off the Record would have been a perfect dead rising game for me if it didn't include those loving jump scare zombies

It's been a while, which ones are they?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

CharlestonJew posted:

They can also hide around corners and in the bathroom stalls

They're not dangerous at all but the big musical sting gets me every time and it's the only thing holding me back from buying the re-release

RBA Starblade posted:

The ones that look like they're dead then grab you when you walk by.

I'd completely forgotten about them and thanks to State of Decay I was just auto knee-dropping any corpses I saw lying down because it's just a habit now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I never played Sandbox mode in OTR. It says money carries over, but what about Combocards? Can I find all the posters in Sandbox and then go back to the main game?

• Locked thread