Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Dead Rising 3 was a lot of fun and was just as goofy as its predecessors, its aesthetic is just more of a John Carpenter vibe right down to the lo-fi synthesizer music. I played it on PC and it runs just fine, I didn't have any more trouble running it than I do other current-gen games.

If you've been scared off because they put out one trailer to try and make it appeal to the Call of Duty crowd it's totally worth playing and goes on sale on Steam pretty regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
DR2 and Off The Record were basically the same game as Dead Rising 1 with some quality of life improvements new mechanics, DR3 was the first one to actually feel like a proper sequel instead of just a level pack even if it wound up being one of the weaker games in the series. It's part of why I'm pretty OK with a DR4; if it improved on 3 the way that 2/OTR did for 1 it will be great.

Wanderer posted:

Fun side note: every post on the Facebook wall about DR4 has a series of increasingly angry responses about how T.J. Rotolo is not voicing Frank this time around.

I like Frank but the games and fans are really Johnny Gat-ing him and I'd rather they try something new instead of running him into the ground.

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 3, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Frank in OTR was a completely different character than Frank in DR, OTR Frank is super goofy and wacky and constantly spouting off one-liners and cracking wise while OG Frank was mostly serious and deadpan and the humor surrounding him came from the contrast of that with the ridiculousness of the gameplay.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Being able to have multiple saves is great so you can have a backup at the beginning of each day or before you start a mission so if you mess up or get stuck you can fall back without having to completely start over from day 1. It has literally zero drawbacks and if you're that concerned about the purity of your hardcore gaming experience you could always just not use them.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

tenderjerk posted:

This reminds me of one of my favorite frontpage articles: http://www.somethingawful.com/news/otis-rising/

One one good thing about DR3 is that it killed off Otis for good. And had a zombie outbreak ruin his funeral for good measure.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Solomonic posted:

I'm glad a new generation of game players can experience the line "I don't allow vandalism in my store"

NOT ON MY WATCH!!! :byodood:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The other powerful weapon in 2 was the six shooter after killing Seymour but that's over the halfway point of the game before you get that. The real way to break Dead Rising 2 was to give survivors guns

In Dead Rising three one of the DLC weapons was a combo assault rifle/chainsaw that gave survivors both powerful melee and ranged attacks if you equipped them with one, it was so amazingly overpowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Didn't DR2 retain most if not all of that level of interactivity? Seems kinda weird that the same team behind the worthwhile sequel just kept dropping the ball from that point forward.

Per the video's description DR2/OTR were made on the same engine as 1, 3 and 4 were on a different engine which explains a lot of the differences.

• Locked thread