Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

GORDON posted:

It's hilarious that like 10 ocean cargo ships release as much sulfer into the air as every car in America, but they've actually got people thinking they can make a difference. They do all the damage and make morons feel all the guilt. It's genius, really.

nice title bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

gently caress da Mods posted:

America...For gently caress's sake, stop.

And all you faggots saying :abloo: this is a structural battle, i can't affect change :abloo:

I have news for u: IT STARTS @ HOME

my home is a no paper plate / no paper towel home. I bring a refillable water bottle around with me.

HOW HARD IS THIS TO DO PEOPLE.

And yeah i have loving company over all the time, large rear end loving dinner parties. ITS CALLED A DISHWASHER.

i live in a severely drought affected area so washing dishes is actually worse for my local environment than paper plates

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Move somewhere with water goddamn.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

GORDON posted:

It's hilarious that like 10 ocean cargo ships release as much sulfer into the air as every car in America, but they've actually got people thinking they can make a difference. They do all the damage and make morons feel all the guilt. It's genius, really.
I'm not sure that sulfur emissions, specifically, are the area in which people are thinking they can make a difference.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Why is this directed toward America? I know it's "in" now to hate your own country but if you've ever been outside it you'd know most countries are just as bad or worse regarding using wasteful disposable stuff like that. At least America hasn't started using tons of plastic bottles for beer like they do for the cheap stuff over here.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

criscodisco posted:

Move somewhere with water goddamn.

no

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Strudel Man posted:

I'm not sure that sulfur emissions, specifically, are the area in which people are thinking they can make a difference.

Doesn't matter, that was just an example. Even if everybody in America went carbon neutral, we are still just a small percentage of the overall system. Good luck getting China and India on board.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to make a difference in the environment, not even if you are persuasive enough to get 100 million of your friends on board. Accept your impotence and embrace the fact you don't matter.... and just be happy, and make others happy. That's how you make a difference. Stop scolding.

And if you just can't manage to crawl out of your own personal hole of despair, well, there's one good option for you, then.

GORDON fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 30, 2016

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

GORDON posted:

Doesn't matter, that was just an example. Even if everybody in America went carbon neutral, we are still just a small percentage of the overall system. Good luck getting China and India on board.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to make a difference in the environment, not even if you are persuasive enough to get 100 million of your friends on board. Accept your impotence and embrace the fact you don't matter.... and just be happy, and make others happy. That's how you make a difference. Stop scolding.

And if you just can't manage to crawl out of your own personal hole of despair, well, there's one good option for you, then.
People can make an impact proportional to their own contribution. :shrug:

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

or they can just do whatever because the vast majority of negative effects of climate change will affect the poor third world anyway

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Yes, that's an option as well. But complaining that one individual can't personally slash whatever emissions in half seems a lot like complaining that your one vote won't decide who's president.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Why does anyone bear any moral responsibility for future people they didn't personally create? :can:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Common humanity, I suppose.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

How do you wipe your rear end op ? You should be using reusable rags.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Shaquin posted:

tree lives matter

oddly enough the best possible thing for nature would be if you all stopped importing even your "good" silverware from china, which hasn't been silver or good for 100 years, and just use limbs from trees on your property when they blow down in a storm or when you need to trim them

i carve spoons and it's a good honest life

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

why do you want to be part of the problem

Cause girls love bad boys.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

psychokitty posted:

or just let it air dry and peel it off later

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Tuxedo Gin posted:

or just let it air dry and peel it off later

Oh good call. And keep it under the sink.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Strudel Man posted:

People can make an impact proportional to their own contribution. :shrug:

No they can't, their merely being alive means they can never put enough back into the system proportional to what they take out. As I said, if you're sadbrains, there's only one good choice you can make.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

GORDON posted:

No they can't, their merely being alive means they can never put enough back into the system proportional to what they take out. As I said, if you're sadbrains, there's only one good choice you can make.
"Proportional" doesn't mean "equal."

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Strudel Man posted:

"Proportional" doesn't mean "equal."

Ugh, ok.

Hey everybody stop using paper, what are you, a dick? There, now I'm onboard. WHoa things are changing already.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

GORDON posted:

Ugh, ok.

Hey everybody stop using paper, what are you, a dick? There, now I'm onboard. WHoa things are changing already.
I never said stop using paper. You were just the one saying weird stuff about sulfur emissions from cars vs supertankers.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm already on board, and NO LONGER PART OF THE PROBLEM. Stop picking on me now.

Peace love marijuana.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I have a grocery bag full of grocery bags under my am for future use. I'm a hero.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

criscodisco posted:

I have a grocery bag full of grocery bags under my am for future use. I'm a hero.

And a real human being

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
My hoarder mother in law with a closet full, floor to ceiling, of those grocery store plastic bag should be nominated for the nobel prize.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

criscodisco posted:

My city has banned plastic grocery bags and mandates that you get charged a nickel per bag for the paper ones. It wasn't too difficult to get used to bringing my own shopping bags.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Actually I believe one person can make a difference. But that's not gonna stop me from chucking empty Monster energy cans out of my car window.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

man ill be dead beforeany of this poo poo matters anyways. burn the world

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That's just it. For all I know, everybody else dies when I do, so why an I going to inconvenience myself?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

criscodisco posted:

That's just it. For all I know, everybody else dies when I do, so why an I going to inconvenience myself?

Exactly. Conservation is just like organ donation. If there's anything left worth using by the time you're done with it, you really haven't lived life to the fullest.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

psychokitty posted:

serious answer i use a bidet and pat my rear end in a top hat dry with TP

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

serious answer i use a bidet and pat my rear end in a top hat dry with TP

Ugh loving 1%

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i wear t shirts made of styrofoam and break out of them every time i ente ra room with people in it so they scared sometimes i don't know if the room will have people in it but i bust a tee just in case don't wanna caught like a friggin pussy

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My city has banned plastic grocery bags and mandates that you get charged a nickel per bag for the paper ones. It wasn't too difficult to get used to bringing my own shopping bags.

Do you live in Seattle? The checkers here just double-bag everything with the paper ones and only charge a nickel anyway. I've got a couple boxes full of paper bags that I use for various purposes.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVh15aUt8-c

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

Ironically, none of the supermarkets here sell canvas bags. They're all some form of plastic fibre.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I recycle + compost.

It loving pisses me off i have company over and they throw cans in the loving trash...are u loving kiddin me man???

:argh:

My state has a refundable deposit on all cans and bottles. I throw them in my trash still bc I'm not poors

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I like paper towrls

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Sheep-Goats posted:

I like paper towrls

i like paper planes that MIA song it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

bleep.bloop posted:

Do you live in Seattle? The checkers here just double-bag everything with the paper ones and only charge a nickel anyway. I've got a couple boxes full of paper bags that I use for various purposes.

No, I live in Oregon. Like smoking bans, it's probably something that will go from the West coast to nationwide in a few years.

• Locked thread