Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol @ bernie sanders there at the bottom

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/isgoodrum/status/788403124444598272

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That plane's at a museum and hasn't bombed anything in 60 years anyway.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/albamonica/status/788221217945882624

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

That plane's at a museum and hasn't bombed anything in 60 years anyway.

i don't think that's the point, chief

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

quote:

Michael Bloomberg

:negative:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

breast cancer awareness month is the month of peak wokeness

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

:whitewater:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/3035625

https://twitter.com/newyorkyearzero/status/788377451814592512

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

http://fusion.net/story/351250/hond...-MED-BO-18p-J10

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

what's with all the susan g komen breast cancer stuff lately? is it breast cancer month

e: okay indeed it is

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Karl Barks posted:

what's with all the susan g komen breast cancer stuff lately? is it breast cancer month

e: okay indeed it is

Yep it's Pinktober. It's not as bad as it has been, thankfully. WWE with their pink ropes, NFL with pink penalty flags, NASCAR with pink numbers on the cars.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Despite the McMahon family being a great example of capitalist vampires profiting of the destruction of human bodies, I kind of find this example adorable.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Professional wrestlers should unionize

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

devtesla posted:

Professional wrestlers should unionize

They tried once. Hulk Hogan ratted them out to management and they dropped it for fear of their jobs.

Peanut President has issued a correction as of 21:25 on Oct 18, 2016

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/rubybrunton/status/788471206697721858

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Homework Explainer posted:

i don't think that's the point, chief

the point is that CNN is morons for reporting that as something being done by the military, and you're a moron for parroting a hot take about something that didn't actually happen

but then you're a literal stalinist so it isn't like you have more than a casual relationship with facts or truth anyway

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
also isn't the susan g komen foundation one of the shittiest of all charities in terms of donating to actual cancer research

like I read a few years ago all they do is pay themselves a bunch of money and use the rest to "raise awareness", they give like nothing to breast cancer research

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i thought it was funny

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

has anyone said something awful is the woke brand, okay cool i am now sying it

something awful is the woke brand

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

the point is that CNN is morons for reporting that as something being done by the military, and you're a moron for parroting a hot take about something that didn't actually happen

but then you're a literal stalinist so it isn't like you have more than a casual relationship with facts or truth anyway

let me explain the point to you, a gibbering dunce:

whether or not the plane is currently in use, it is emblematic of a trend in politics of vile institutions hitching their wagons to "good" causes in an attempt to build up their own faltering image both at home and abroad

now gently caress off with whatever the hell this posting whack-a-mole act is

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

also isn't the susan g komen foundation one of the shittiest of all charities in terms of donating to actual cancer research

like I read a few years ago all they do is pay themselves a bunch of money and use the rest to "raise awareness", they give like nothing to breast cancer research

I don't know much about the Susan G Komen foundation in particular other than that's what people seem to say about it but "raising awareness" is actually a pretty good tool to fight breast cancer. Universal screening for breast cancer early is ultimately cheaper than allowing the cancer to develop and only treating advanced cases, and if society didn't hammer it in then fewer people would participate. Same thing with pap smears, colonoscopies, etc.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

More or less. They're pretty much the epitome of "non-profit as a brand before anything else", to the point where they'll flex their legal muscle at any other cancer charity that attempts to use "Cure" in its name, or even use pink.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

they also like to spend it on suing other charities that violate their intellectual property in the phrase "cancer is bad" or whatever

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Homework Explainer posted:

*faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart*

you're the kind of numbskull who defends sending urban legends as email forwards by claiming they somehow represent a larger truth

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

you're a loving dumbass nerd who wouldn't understand a point if it were shoved directly into your brain case via the ear canal. do us all a favor and throw your computer and/or phone out the nearest window. if it survives the drop maybe a person with average intelligence can post in your stead

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Badly fact checking a joke tweet has nothing to do with #wokeness

https://twitter.com/VICELAND/status/788473494937886720

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

vice... so brave

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
so am I supposed to vote for Viceland now?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The best part is that they censored the gently caress. Donald Trump should h*ck off.

It's so cute and brings me so much joy.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I might get in trouble for saying this but:

I dislike Adolf Hitler.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Stalin was not a great leader.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pakled posted:

I don't know much about the Susan G Komen foundation in particular other than that's what people seem to say about it but "raising awareness" is actually a pretty good tool to fight breast cancer. Universal screening for breast cancer early is ultimately cheaper than allowing the cancer to develop and only treating advanced cases, and if society didn't hammer it in then fewer people would participate. Same thing with pap smears, colonoscopies, etc.

yea there's a lot of issues with Komen and you should still probably give your money to a better cause in the cancer fight, but the whole 'heh raising awareness more like doing nothing' detachment is a really stupid thing that keeps popping up. Awareness is actually kinda really important, especially for medical poo poo, it's not just literally saying 'hey did you know...breast cancer is a thing?' it's programs to tell people 'hey, check your tits, here's how, here's some places you can go for free professional looks, the best way to fight this stuff is to find it early'.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea there's a lot of issues with Komen and you should still probably give your money to a better cause in the cancer fight, but the whole 'heh raising awareness more like doing nothing' detachment is a really stupid thing that keeps popping up. Awareness is actually kinda really important, especially for medical poo poo, it's not just literally saying 'hey did you know...breast cancer is a thing?' it's programs to tell people 'hey, check your tits, here's how, here's some places you can go for free professional looks, the best way to fight this stuff is to find it early'.

"raising awareness" gets a lot of poo poo because a bunch of useless and self-indulgent stuff gets justified based on flimsy claims that it raises awareness

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

"raising awareness" gets a lot of poo poo because a bunch of useless and self-indulgent stuff gets justified based on flimsy claims that it raises awareness

WE'VE PAINTED THE BREAST IMPLANTS OF THESE TWENTY SEVEN SWIMSUIT MODELS PINK TO RAISE AWARENESS FOR TIT CANCER

YOU LIKE TITS DONT YOU!?!?!?

DO YOU WANT TO SEE THEM FALLING OFF AND ROTTING IN THE STREETS!? HUH>!>>!>!!??!?!?!?

SAVE THE BOOBIES

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
yeah, the jet not being in active service isn't really a big deal because it's a symbolic act that is supposed to associate the us navy with the tender nurturing of ill people, which is lolworthy.

"at the us air force museum at wright-patterson air force base, we have painted our replica of fat boy in a puzzle livery to raise autism awareness."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

that's why protests are so goddamn stupid these days. thanks adbusters

also the susan g. komen foundation is pro-life as hell, and they pinkwashed a natural gas drill, which is hilariously awful

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my moms in law has been in remission from breast cancer for about 5 years now, she hates komen with a passion. cant talk enough poo poo about em

it seems that a lot of critics of Komen come from a medical background (she's a retired RN) so i think that realists kind of have a problem with the sort of cloying vibe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

you're the kind of numbskull who defends sending urban legends as email forwards by claiming they somehow represent a larger truth

u showed him for besmirching are troops