Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
A poster asking about woke brands in the woke brand thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

US Soccer is headed by woke libs

quote:

Cordeiro is a graduate of Miami Beach High, Harvard College and Harvard Business School. He spent 30 years as a business executive with experience in international finance. He became a partner at Goldman Sachs in the early 1990s and was later appointed Vice Chairman-Asia. He advised governments such as Nelson Mandela’s post-apartheid South Africa, global corporations, and financial institutions including the World Bank.
this also puts me in the horrible position of agreeing 100% with hope solo. i hope we miss out on the 2026 joint bid and miss the next five world cups. also pulisic should have played internationally for Croatia, because we sure as gently caress don't deserve him

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/09/opinions/black-panther-black-america-donald-trump-bailey-opinion/index.html

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

mmmm, there's the good poo poo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the amount of people who truly believe that Black Panther is the embodiment of pure political good is incredibly small. unfortunately they're mainly concentrated in the media, so it seems more popular than it actually is

how many of these positive reviews actually like the movie as a movie, as opposed to perceiving it as good politics?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think that's being a little unfair to Black Panther.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

so useless?

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Wakanda uses drone strikes?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

A purely symbolic and vaguely positive sign of integration that was used to mask tons of shady crimes against other parts of humanity (mostly the dark skinned parts)?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

wokeanda

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Remember, Black Panther is the hero who keeps his country behind a giant wall to keep starving refugees out of his canonically wealthiest place on Earth/utopia because that was the best move for his country.

Clawtopsy has issued a correction as of 10:03 on Feb 11, 2018

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

better than black panther in every way

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Clawtopsy posted:

Remember, Black Panther is the hero who keeps his country behind a giant wall to keep starving refugees out of his canonically wealthiest place on Earth/utopia because that was the best move for his country.

lmao

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TomViolence posted:

better than black panther in every way

Black Panther to the rescue (to kill the Commie menace, for the good of liberalism)

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Clawtopsy posted:

“uh first of all, let me be clear, what’s important is that wakanda stays a secret, which is why my administration can’t allow leaks”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Like the whole deal is Wakanda sat back and let the rest of Africa get turbofucked by colonialism and killed anyone who actually knew what their deal was

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

They also have the cure for cancer but refuse to share it with the world

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

MWGA

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
If the Chuds had any sense, they'd get extremely :smuggo: about libs celebrating an ethnostate that became the most advanced nation in the world because of it's brutally enforced isolationism

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

Inescapable Duck posted:

Like the whole deal is Wakanda sat back and let the rest of Africa get turbofucked by colonialism and killed anyone who actually knew what their deal was

Terror Sweat posted:

Black Panther is hotep as gently caress

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Terror Sweat posted:

Again I say good

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The more I hear about Black Panther, the more it sounds like an attempt to sell POC on American conservatism.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

steinrokkan posted:

The more I hear about Black Panther, the more it sounds like an attempt to sell POC on American conservatism.

All the marvel films are fascist propaganda

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tardcore posted:

All the marvel films are fascist propaganda
remember when SA had a serious movie review feature and this was an unironic belief that one of the writers had? lmao

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

remember when SA had a serious movie review feature and this was an unironic belief that one of the writers had? lmao

gently caress, I believe it too. I might be too online

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

on balance i reckon the DC movies are more fascist than the marvel ones

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I don't know which ones are marvel and which aren't, but lol if you don't think superheroes are fascist / hard right wing propaganda

nah
Mar 16, 2009

the first problem is having opinions about comic books

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
its hard not to, when companies are spending billions to shove them in your face

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I think my favorite marvel movie moment is in Winter Soldier when Captain America says that surveillance and drone warfare are bad and you shouldn't have them. He then goes on to say that you do, however, need people like Captain America, because elite people like him know what's best for everyone. Then in Civil War he argues that the Avengers shouldn't have any governmental oversight.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

cenotaph posted:

He then goes on to say that you do, however, need people like Captain America, because elite people like him know what's best for everyone.

truly an opinion held only by the right wing

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah, it's definitely a liberal meritocracy opinion and it's hilarious.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Saw someone say people like elon musk are the only thing that is gonna save humanity lol

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

TomViolence posted:

I think the CD goons believe the DC movies are secretly marxist

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Dreddout posted:

I think the CD goons believe the DC movies are secretly marxist

CD goons said Bright wasn't garbage so what do they know

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

get that OUT of my face posted:

You really need to get over Current Releases already

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

The Crotch posted:

I think that's being a little unfair to Black Panther.

lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

TomViolence posted:

The Avengers are headed by a billionaire weapons manufacturer and an American Super-Soldier. Your friendly neighborhood military-industrial complex.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

cenotaph posted:

I think my favorite marvel movie moment is in Winter Soldier when Captain America says that surveillance and drone warfare are bad and you shouldn't have them. He then goes on to say that you do, however, need people like Captain America, because elite people like him know what's best for everyone. Then in Civil War he argues that the Avengers shouldn't have any governmental oversight.

Also by this point the Avengers are literally just a department of the Stark corporation, waging war wherever they think it's a good idea. Steve Rogers quits because his boss is too much like Elon Musk and too little like Erik Prince for his liking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i havent seen the movies or read the comics and dont plan to but whar exactly are the avengers avenging?