Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

this reminds me of something

Now that's one hell of an image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

nice markov chain

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really like Corman's Fantastic Four. It was fun, didn't waste too much time establishing characters everyone already knows and stayed true to the original.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

This, but holding an xbox controller.

Trumps hands could never hold an xbox controller.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ok, I'll bite, why does this one have a checkmark?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is it really a "gently caress you" if no one really knows and doesn't affect the company at all?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

an actual dog posted:

Legalize weed.

And ban tobacco.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

there's a trappist brewery in massachusetts that's the only designated one outside of belgium,

I've heard of them, they seem pretty cool.

Blue Train posted:

Ukuleles should be illegal

It's funny how the people who've latched onto the ukelele as a quirky hobby are the kind of people who usually advocate woke segregation.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

did u just assume their gender?? those bottle art caricatures might be trans*

Just like all the redheads in webcomics.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I hate that despite all our mockery over the years people like this are starting to demand respect.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. the devs basicaly said it like this, in multiplayer, they know its big dumb weird violent fun, so gently caress historical accuracy and all that poo poo. in single player, its historical accuracy and no recharging health/sprint and war is hell/etc. that actualy cool and i am ok with that.

lol if you didn't mod Gay Hitler into Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

Reads like Jerkcity.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

2017 has given me a burning hatred of Harry Potter and its fans.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

only 3% of democrats have a negative view of bernie sanders, hence my why i call them that. presumably many of them believe in interpreting harry potter like the bible

Seems like there's a new name for neolibs every month.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

if you are smiling, you are protesting wrong

Either that or they gave into your demands and you're celebrating.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

got any sevens posted:

they still sell the horse to the glue factory to pay taxes, dont they? been 20 years since I read it

anyway
if trump is sauron then hildog is saruman, bernie is gandalf and dril is bombadil

Tom Bombadril

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lol at bashing nationalism after praising Juche and Maoism.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Happily married adult Peter Parker is a much better character than teen nerd Peter Parker

Agreed. If you want a teen spider-man go with his daughter in a timeline where she didn't die or with Miles Morales.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That'd actually be a good shirt if it wasn't associated with Hillary or Samantha Bee.

Screenprint your own and donate money to Planned Parenthood without letting Samantha Bee skim off the top?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

There was always fake feelgood advertising no one cared about but it feels like it's really ramped up in the last few years, which is funny since it's never been easier to call it out as the fake poo poo it is.

Thoguh posted:

That is because polka owns

Agreed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaTISifHaeg

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Is there such a thing as brutalist fashion? because check out their new uniforms:

Why the hell do they need aprons with pockets? They're just reheating poo poo and slapping it together, not making fine cuisine.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Star War's

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

For a movie like this, a 5% rating is high.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Zeris posted:

Well he's made 3, maybe 4 really good movies, one of which was very nearly an incredible disaster (well, it was regardless, but it also somehow birthed a great film) and they all came out in the 1970s. He's made 30 movies overall. Roulette has better odds at this point. If he was a musician, he would be universally hated by now.

Don't musicians get undeserved grammies for the dreaded New Stuff in recognition of how they were snubbed back when they were good?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like that the only recent television activism to make any significant change in the world was a guy rambling about a soy hot sauce.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wow, Islamic twitter is pissed. I was expecting the majority of the replies to be more /pol/.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is the answer "NO"? I think it's "NO".

Crowsbeak posted:

Maybe Truman should have had MacArthur drop those nukes.

EFB! drat IT!. I mean I like to think HP got me into furhter fantasy, but seriously can't these dumb asses find anything else to reference? Narnia? loving Wrinkle in Time? Animorphs? Wheel of TIme? T. H. White?

Wheel of Time references would still be bad but I'd welcome the chance to poo poo on people referencing a bad fantasy series I've actually read a couple books from.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If this could contribute- even just a little- to Fox finally pulling the plug on the Simpsons, it will be worth it

Do you remember how much outrage there was against the Simpsons when it first aired? This is nothing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Proof that it doesn't happen when you have a gun.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A man with a degree in computer science working at a convenience store really resonates with the millennial generation.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW6U_wPdSJA

Can esports be a force for world peace?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

WampaLord posted:

All while speeding up the main dude's voice because...I really don't know why.

It reminds me of the Spirit Science videos in both in terms of voice and animation production values and their idealism and lack of grounding in reality. The only difference is Spirit Science can actually be useful if you deal with New Age types on a regular basis and want a primer on their bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6pYAiRqhio

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

oliwan posted:

why are all these unfunny nerds discussing game of thrones and children's book harry potter here, can they go back to d&d please

Yes, this is supposed to be a thread about discussing people who discuss Harry Potter and think giving money to big corporations can buy absolution from white guilt.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Stop using jifs of black people already. It's 2017, why is this still a thing?

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/digital-blackface-reaction-gifs

It's "hif".

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

isnt it about tv and how its killing books more then about censorship.

I'm glad we're at the point where internet is killing tv and tv isn't even trying to stay relevant.

Speaking of, the internet is really angry at Cartoon Network right now over last week's schedule. This is how a brand dies.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

not really. the marvel ones dont really try for themes outside basic ones or "being a greedy dickhead is bad". guardians does pretty well with themes but most of those are "something something family". DC trys way to loving hard and falls on its face constantly.

I really hate how they handled Ego. GotG 2 could've been Marvel's answer to Star Trek's themes of hostile worlds and interacting with entities completely alien to our basic concepts of existence but they stripped the concept of a living planet down to Kurt Russell moving some rocks around and being all "I'm your dad" because movie gotta have a moral.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

WHO THE gently caress CARES

People who want to know if their conspicuous consumption is cool and good or problematic?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/898264266070908929

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Would you sacrifice a goat on the altar of the brand?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Does anyone even eat the big mac?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The best part of the modern age is being old and out of touch means not having to care about what kids today are doing because it's gone before you even learn about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Every LGBT employee gets a gift basket full of apples?