Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hosed Up that critics would give perfect scores to a game where you play as the door gunner from Full Metal Jacket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

This guy owns

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love how plaintive he sounds

Come ooon give it baaack, quit hogging the rainbow it's not even yours

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

RLM said it was pretty good(and i usually have similar taste as them) and it was sad that the culture war bullshit made the movie a battlefield because that poo poo will turn people off from seeing it. i may see it at some point.

you what

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Breakfast All Day posted:

either that or its a "yeah you can feed your child but you better still be working" thing

Just lol if you're not managing to jack off and get paid for it

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChesterJT posted:

It's a shame we still have corporate slavery where workers aren't allowed to find different jobs and are instead forced to labor in conditions they personally feel are unhealthy.

Why don't you just move to a different country where you can smoke all you like you stupid piece of poo poo

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You should go to France where it is considered rude to not be smoking

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Or go to Italy where you can smoke in any building the pope hasn't been in

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Or maybe just gently caress off back to the golf course you idiot middle-aged suburban dad opinion having clown

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChesterJT posted:

Did you know you can look for a job while still holding one? Some people even work two at the same time!

I also like the idea someone would apply and presumably interview for a job at a smoking restaurant/bar then show up to work day one and be shocked the people that were there weren't actors and in fact people smoke there.

I would like to move to your world where people take jobs for the sheer fun of it, as opposed to working wherever you can because it's that or literally starve on the street

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChesterJT posted:

What paradise is this where every bar in a city allows smoking?

Every city in the world 20 years ago before people started trying to make a change?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChesterJT posted:

It's my fault because I wasn't aware we were having a discussion based on the state of the world 20 years ago rather than what's happening now. I feel so stupid. :negative:

Yeah nice try dumbass but you're the one acting like people have the option to just drop their job and get another one like you change a shirt, you clueless gated-community dipshit

Toplowtech posted:

And it's also considered pretty normal to be rude.

In fact it's actually rude not to be

some plague rats has issued a correction as of 04:12 on Jun 17, 2017

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChesterJT posted:

People do have that option, not sure why you think they don't.

Actually people don't have that option, not sure why you think they do.

Okay your turn

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol, no he wasn't, snape was a creepy sadbrained rear end in a top hat who wanted to gently caress harry's mom and joined the wizard alt right and helped get his parents killed because he thought he could swoop in and get widow pussy. only when voldimort killed her did he feel bad and then cry over her body like creeper. he only felt sorta bad for harry because the whole sacrificial lamb thing, he still treated him like poo poo through all the books. then he died like bitch. also using lovely school houses as a annolgy for gender/LGBT issues.

Thanks for this wizard world trip report

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Strudel Man posted:

You know, I was just thinking the problem with politics today is that it's not vitriolic enough.

This but without a hint of irony at loving all

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Freaking Crumbum posted:

I mean it's not like the two options you present are the only objectively true, possible motivations anyone could ever have for wanting to use their wealth to buy their kids a better future.

I don't disagree that people have used the nebulous "quality of education" to cover for racist impulses. I don't disagree that wealth and racism are an intersectional problem.

I don't think you have to be a secret racist to say "well poo poo, I just spent a significant amount of money to buy a house in a very expensive neighborhood because it had schools that were superior to other schools in the area, and now it looks like I might end up not getting what I expected to get because of events beyond my control". if you spent a bunch of money to buy a house in an exclusive neighborhood and then the city decided to repurpose a public building in that neighborhood to be a new prison, or repurposed a public space in that neighborhood to be a new landfill, you would probably still be upset about that, whether or not you were a secret racist.

I see it as more of a buyer-beware issue, with a guy who has a small amount of national notoriety and delusions of grandeur about what his wealth can buy him.

It's me, I'm the guy comparing black children coming to your kid's school with the city turning your local park into a landfill

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

the bitcoin of weed posted:

suburban bougie types literally believe this, though it's usually more explicitly class-based (or both)

I just like that the dude in the space of two paragraphs the dude managed to "well, actually..." himself into claiming any school black kids go to is the same as a prison, inadvertently making a good point about how stupid and evil his argument is

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LinYutang posted:

i'm pretty sure the samantha bee segregationist story is just leftist urban myth at this point

snopes says yer wrong http://www.snopes.com/samantha-bees-husband-school/

This articles doesn't seem to disprove any of the poo poo we've been saying about him? Like they're splitting hairs about how he didn't literally say "I, comedy joke man who's name I forget, want to keep the darkies away from my Aryan brood" therefore he's off the hook

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

remember when sam bee went to rikers and raved about how great it was not to have her phone on her

Haha what

Yeah my favourite bit about prison was not being able to talk to anyone, it's loving great

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
maybe... the people in prison... are the most free of all???

It's like a dril tweet

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone else I'd assume they were doing an irony but comedy central libs only seem to operate in either smug outrage or tedious quavering sincerity

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

R. Guyovich posted:

social democracy isn't leftism

That's a really bad opinion

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
DeRay is the living avatar of corporate capitalism: a paper-thin veneer of wokeness over a hellish screaming snakepit of brand identities, constantly clamoring to sell you poo poo

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it was fun to watch and had cool fight scenes?

Honest question: is wonder woman the only action movie you've ever seen

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Polka gave us Weird Al. Whether or not that's enough to make up for everything else, I cannot say.

I wasn't even mad at polka but now I want to see it destroyed

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

So far I've seen celebrities, goons, every news site, thousands of verified twitter randos, and the dictionary take turns swinging at all these frothing mad misogynist nerds angry about the female Dr. Who, but... aside from 5 or 6 twitter trolls (two of which had their tweet deleted faster than I could view the replies) and this guy, I haven't actually seen any of these frothing mad misogynist nerds angry about the female Dr. Who.

I'm starting to think that the massive horde of sexist Dr. Who fanboy geeks that all these people are swinging at isn't actually real and they're all just posturing (and, ironically, working to further enrich a company of sex criminals in the process)

Oh poo poo it's a Doctor Who false flag and

wait a loving minute

did you just call the BBC a company of sex criminals

like the whole BBC

That better be some meta-level irony but the fact you linked to both the Express and the Daily Mail makes me think maybe you're serious???

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Honestly, what was the last worthwhile thing the BBC has even? All I can think of is Walking With Dinosaurs and that was in the 90s. Definitely not enough solid content to make up for their many, many, many sexual assaults on women and children.

It sure is easier to indict the BBC when you talk about it like a street gang as opposed to a public service organisation made up of like 50,000 people

You loving idiot Tory poo poo

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Still waiting for the mods to change my name to Spooky Ghost of a Dead Pedo Currently Employed at the BBC Music Department

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That would explain why you linked the Express in order to bash the BBC

For context that's like posting about police shootings using links to Breitbart

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He's dead, Lumpy.

e: Nice edit, did you not actually realise he's dead? Because that would explain a lot of your posts so far

some plague rats has issued a correction as of 23:05 on Jul 18, 2017

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I never thought of myself as particularly invested in public broadcasting but "the BBC is literally a wing of NAMBLA" is such a hot take I'm forced to a defensive stance almost by default

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just think they produce some good content!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

NAMBLA produces good content?

:yikes:

Yeah dude their BBC subsidiary produces some real good documentaries

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really liked episode 7 of Planet Earth, the one about Sparta

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Crane Fist is just a BBC watching, Catholic, Penn State alumni who's really tired of people besmirching the names of good institutions over a few minor misunderstandings.

Wrong, bitch

I'm a Branch Davidian

some plague rats has issued a correction as of 00:04 on Jul 19, 2017

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Okay seriousposting for a minute here: men like Saville were a systemic problem, and their crimes were normalised and covered up by failures on every level of society. The problem now is that rather than giving an honest assessment of how things got so hosed up, Saville is only ever brought up in bad faith by evil shitheads to attack an institution they hate (the BBC) while exonerating and whitewashing away the culpability of institutions they like (the police, the right-wing press, Thatcher's government)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So any time the BBC is mentioned and someone goes 'b-b-b-but SAVILLE!' it's safe to assume they're a middle-aged home counties fascist who clutches their purse when they see refugees on the news

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Didn't the BBC also cover up terrorism in Ireland?

No? They consistently resisted govt pressure to not report on the troubles

here you go

e: gently caress it I was going to post some more links but it's too loving irritating while phoneposting, do your own research and come at me with something

some plague rats has issued a correction as of 00:37 on Jul 19, 2017

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Didn't the BBC also cover up terrorism in Ireland?

Also that's a p loving vague allegation, might need to be a bit more specific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah they basically got New Labour'd and it sucks